Nexus Font- All Fonts Not Showing

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Oct 1, 2019.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

After trying and finding no luck at getting all the glyphs to print for fonts... I decided to try out the Nexus Font manager I keep reading about on here. It won't do exactly what I had in mind, but I am able to get a basic character map to print from there.

My question is- all my fonts aren't showing up in the font manager and I cannot figure out why. I have 683 fonts installed and Nexus only shows I have 652 installed. And the crazy thing is- it seems to be my most used and favorite fonts that won't show up. Any idea how to fix this?

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@GlazeFamily3 Are any of the fonts in subfolders? NF doesn't read subfolders.

3. GlazeFamily3

They aren’t. They are all just installed on my computer in the main font folder.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What part is it not doing?

As far as seeing all your fonts, where are they installed? Are they all on the same hard drive? Or are some on a different one? Are they all in the same font folder?

5. GlazeFamily3

I have all my fonts installed on the same hard drive and in the same folder. And yet I cannot see them all.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I did a quick search, and all I could find for missing fonts was that the font(s) are in a subfolder OR there were instructions for dealing with Windows 10's font cache causing problems with NF showing fonts.

7. GlazeFamily3

Yes, I searched as well before posting here and nothing fits as I don’t even have any subfolders. As for the font cache in Windows 10, that doesn’t seem to be the issue either. I was hoping there was a simple reason I couldn’t find, but it doesn’t appear that is the case.

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm sorry I wasn't more help! :groan

9. GlazeFamily3

oh it's okay- thanks a bunch for trying!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. CraftyBolo

CraftyBolo New Member

Have you had any luck with this problem because I'm having the same issue with Nexus Fonts since getting a new machine. I have all my fonts showing up in Word and other applications but not in Nexus.

11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I have no idea if it's related at all, but ever since I switched to Windows 10 any search results in Windows Explorer had been ridiculously incomplete. I finally went and manually forced it to index those folders that I was searching in all of the time, and now everything shows up.

CraftyBolo and BevG like this.
  12. ellie248

ellie248 New Member

If someone can figure this out, I'd love to know the answer. I've used NexusFont for years and love it. But lately, all new fonts I've installed don't show up. I can manually drag and drop into "Collection" folders and they'll show up there. But they don't show up on the Installed list or in a search. It's frustrating.

CraftyBolo likes this.
  13. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@ellie248 I am not sure if this will help but I did a google search and found the following video :

14. KIM FRAZIER

KIM FRAZIER New Member

I am having the same problem. It appears that only the system fonts normally installed are appearing, but no fonts that I have downloaded myself. I am also on Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution yet? (I did try what was mentioned directly above me in the video. That actually made thins worse... many of my fonts totally disappeared from NexusFont, so I reinstalled it and started fresh.

15. EllenW

EllenW New Member

I discovered this forum because of this thread that showed up when I troubleshooted this anoying bug of a software that I had high expectations on for organize my fonts.

I did find a solution that worked for me :agree

My problem was that I could not even see many of my installed fonts.

After fooling around a bit with the software I realized that if I created a new group (rightclick on the left side, add group).
    Then rightclick the new group and Add Folder and select the C:\Windows\Fonts
    Now you see the same problem as before, but hang on.

Put a copy of those fonts that you miss in a new folder.
    Then rightclick the group you created previously and Add Folder again. Then select the folder with the missing fonts.
    Now they show up - at least in my case.

Hope it works for you too :)

16. keyzpoof

keyzpoof New Member

I had this same problem. Thank you to the suggestion for adding the New Group for the folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) - I called it "All Fonts". However, after that, all you need to do is when you install the font in Windows 10, make sure you install with sufficient privileges. When installing, I right-click on the .ttf file and choose 'Install for all users'. Then the 'All Fonts' folder will refresh and the font will be there! I hope this helps someone.

Cath_ likes this.