New to the Pad

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Karen Emily, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Karen Emily

Karen Emily Member

Morning y'all!
    I'm Karen and I'm new to the pad. ALONG time ago I dabbled in hybrid scrapping (back when I was a pea and not at the pad). Although I'm 90% a paper crafter, in my classroom I create "things" with clipart. And isn't that just hybrid "stuff making"? LOL anyway, This year I decided to jump back in to the land of scrapbooks, card making, and crafting. I still love the feel of ink and paper and stuff, I found the project life app and I love being able to make layouts on the go, like while I'm in line at the grocery store. And through a google search to find some journaling cards to go with a Disney page, I found the pad. I've been lurking for a while (sorry to be stalkerish) and have decided to jump in! I do have Photoshop and I know how to do somethings, my main issue there is that I get frustrated when I don't remember how to do what I want to do. I tried the other one (the step down from photoshop) a while back and HATED it. I guess the few things that I could do, I wasn't able to do there and it made me even more frustrated.

SO here I am jumping in, hoping to pick up a few tricks, find a few friends who are doing the project life or pocket scrapbook, and get my memories out of my brain and on to paper! The personal stuff: married to Thomas, mom of 2, my oldest started college this year and I can't stop crying, my youngest is 16 and autistic, we have 2 dogs, and I teach 3 year olds. Yes they wear me out but I love my day job! Oh and we are in Arkansas. I'm a huge Disney fan- my family is from Tampa and we travel A LOT during the summers (like a month long road trip in a camper kind of travel). That's me or better that's us. I'm excited to get to know everyone here.

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Karen to the pad!! @Karen Emily We are so glad to have you join us. You are going to love it here!! I can't wait to see your creations!!!

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Karen and welcome to the Lilypad! So glad you decided to de-lurk! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!

cfile likes this.
  4. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hello Karen! Post away if you have any questions or get stuck with Photoshop again, great to have you here in the forums!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, @Karen Emily!! So glad to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions and can't wait to see your pages!!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome Karen! You'll love it here!

7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Hi Karen, welcome to the Pad!

8. dagi

dagi Aiming high

big welcome to the Lilypad Karen :)

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Welcome @Karen Emily !!! You will love it here at The Pad! Don't hesitate to post your question(s) about Photoshop and someone here will gladly help you out!

So nice to "meet" you and looking forward to getting to know you better!

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hi Karen! I know I replied to your thread yesterday in the PL forum (which I'm glad you found: lots of PL help and inspo in there!), but I still wanted to jump in here and officially say Welcome to the Pad! :) Cheryl, aka @gonewiththewind, mentioned that everyone here is very helpful. But she was too humble in her response: She didn't mention her "Watch Cheryl Scrap" events, where she scraps while watch her, and we can ask questions (via the Adobe chat function--no actual talking. Yup, that was my worry when I first attended one lol!). Check her siggie for info. Or check out the Announcements Pad, where Cheryl always posts before the next one happens--oh, and there's a monthly calendar posted with all of TLP's happenings (chats, scraps, and sales).

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Hi Karen! I'm glad that your Disney search brought you to the pad! Project Mouse is BIG here as well as project life so feel free to ask questions. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. You're gonna love it here.

bellbird likes this.
  12. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome Karen! I am from Germany but know the Tampa area...we love vacation in Indian Shores...
    You will find a lot of Disney related kits here!

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, welcome! Please should out if you get stuck, before the frustration gets you! You will love the fast response!

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome Karen! You are in a great place.

16. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi Karen and welcome to The Pad, I am sure you will find us a friendly bunch of people and hope to see some of your creations soon!! :)

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi @Karen Emily nice to meet you and bless you for looking after 3yr olds and enjoying it! Glad you are delurking and can ask questions now when you need to - i can pretty much guarantee you that we have all felt your frustrations at some point and may still come across things that stump and frustrate us occasionally, i have been known to look like this in front of photoshop :hissy ) So anyway welcome again and i'm looking forward to seeing your Disney pages (I live vicariously through the gallery a lot - I'm in australia and hong kong disneyland is just too far to frequent regularly)

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome to the Pad Karen! Your month long summer road trips sound like fun adventures! Glad you popped in and let us know if we can help in anyway!

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Pad and hooray for another Karen! :) I'm glad to read in one of the replies that you found our PL forum, but if you ever get frustrated with Photoshop in general, don't bang your head against the wall too long... just start a new thread and someone should be along soon to help. There are bunches of us that use PS. :)

20. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome to TLP, Karen! So glad to have you joining us! :)