New spring sneakers ...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Mar 21, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Totally off scrapbook topic but I'm searching for cute new sneakers for summer. I bought cute gray converse last spring but for some reason, but my feet and body are getting old and the converse just didn't work this time. TBH, I'm a little sad. [​IMG]

Have you seen any cute sneakers? My uniform is pretty much jeans (rolled up when it gets warm) and a tank top or long sleeve shirt with a cardigan over it. I don't want big tennis shoes/running shows. I want cute ... but comfy!!! **sigh** back to online shop ....

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I just bought these at the Clarks store...

[​IMG]

I'm like you... I love Converse but need more cushion now. I wore my old slip on converse over the weekend and wished they had better support.

jenevang and elseepe like this.
  3. enjoyyourpix

okay, these are cute!! Thanks!!!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Cute shoes! I'm a flip flop kinda gal, but y'all are making me want pretty sneakers!

elseepe and enjoyyourpix like this.
  5. enjoyyourpix

Me too Courtney!!! But last summer I was in excruciating pain from wearing them too much!! I "splurged" and bought Rainbows. They are NOT all day, all summer flip flops!!

bestcee likes this.
  6. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I cannot get chucks to fit EVER! It is really sad cause I think they are so cute but they never fit me!

I got two pairs of Toms for this year. One regular pair and one of the ballet style ones :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my way cool teens love love these in any and all colors skechers
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the Converse. Van's are the same way for me, just not enough arch support which I guess I could get away with as a kid but not as an adult. Having said that though I never have foot pain when I where flip flops all summer long and they are supposed to be terrible for your feet. Hmmm go figure.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love cute shoes. I try to find the ones that have supports built in for my feet. Have you considered an insert to put into said cute shoe? Just an idea.

Check out Aerosoles. I have also heard good things about Superga. A friend cruised and walked around in those and said her feet never bothered her. ECCO has some cute ones, too!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm hijacking this thread. Hope you don't mind!

Which shoes have high arches? I have incredibly high arches, short toes, wide feet and narrow heel (translation= I hate buying shoes!) I need to find something good for walking in Scandinavia this summer. I love my Dansko's, but they won't be good for walking/hiking. I want to bring only one pair of shoes (and a pair of sandals).

enjoyyourpix and Lindzee like this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Okay... your teens think Skechers are cool? I LOVE skechers for comfort, but wasn't sure if they were cool or not (I have this crazy notion that it's super comfy, it can't possibly be cool... lol!). But if they're teen approved, I'm going to go for it! I love that top pair!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  12. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I LOVE Keen's! They work for wide feet too! There are some similar to Converse, but I think they are WAY more comfortable! Don't ask how many pairs I have!!!

jenevang and enjoyyourpix like this.
  13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I am a total shoe-a-holic. I loved my converse high tops and wore them until they fell apart. Since my arthritis I have to totally avoid impact on my legs/knees, and this really limits my shoe choices. No more heels, hard wedges, etc. Converse doesn't have enough cushion anymore.

Sketchers has so many amazing shoes, and so comfortable.... My go to shoe for work and play

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Me too. - I find myself buying wider shoes, especially if they have a strap or something just to accommodate my high arch... I don't work for sketchers, I promise, but the shoes they have are generous in straps and width and flats have thick comfy soles, and tennis shoes have support. I have super high arches medium width feet , more longish toes, but overall, I have found sketchers the most comfortable and fit well. I wait for their sales.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Thanks, Lindzee! I'll check them out. I have one pair of Sketchers and their arch support is non-existent. Maybe it was just the particular style.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

omg @AnneofAlamo I am so going to check out Zappos for those Skechers! I want a pretty summer pair as I have one serviceable pair of serviceable but dull black Skechers sandals. I'd love to have a pretty pair of flowered sneakers but the ones I've seen are $$$ and I don't want them that much!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I love my sketchers but haven't seen any like these in Aus yet - time to revisit the Sketchers store I think!!

I love converse as well but cannot wear them. I have a few pairs of Dunlop Volleys which are slightly more comfortable than Converses and very cheap. I have a purple and a green pair.
    [​IMG]

jesskab and enjoyyourpix like this.
  18. Chel

Chel Active Member

I am another lover of Sketchers.
    All of us in this house are!
    More than once the phrase "Sketchers are on sale? Let's go!" has been spoken.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Ugh, just thinking about wearing closed toe shoes . . . makes me feel all squirmy inside. I barely wear closed toe shoes in the winter, and it's certainly not happening now in Florida.

In fact, I've started walking and I don't wear closed toe shoes . . . I have a pair of flip flops. Skechers GOga mat flip flops, that I wear for walking. They fit snugly and really don't flip/flop that much at all. They are super comfortable and my feet don't get hot, and then I don't get hot, when walking.

[​IMG]

I have THIS pair of flip flops that I've purchased twice now. They have great support and are super comfy and hello, so much bling.

[​IMG]

jesskab and enjoyyourpix like this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

What's the brand on the blingy ones?