New or Newish here? Let's play "Getting to know you"!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Dec 18, 2015.

1. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

specially the one with white chocolate and raspberry...Chewy

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  2. mrsashbaugh

mrsashbaugh Well-Known Member

Why yes you should if you're making cookies! ;)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Amen sister!!!!

y_baros and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

Tell us:
    How long have you been scrapping?
    I've always loved the memory keeping aspect, I'm obsessed with photos. So forever, but technically, scrapping since 2009, and only digi, I never could get into the messy paper stuff. OCD much!

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure?
    ALL of course. I like food. Whatever mood I'm in...that's what I grab.

What are you currently reading or watching?
    Reading, mostly indie authors, since I'm one myself. Mostly poetry, since I am one myself. ;)
    Now watching, there are sooo many to name....let's just say if it's on the tube I've probably at least seen one episode. lol

What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!)
    Mini vacay to Tennessee to see the 2nd grand after she was born, in July.

One random fact about you?
    I'm left handed, but only use my left hand to write and eat. Sports, scissors etc are all done right handed. lol

y_baros likes this.
  5. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Same. Well, I don't really do sports but I gave up on the green left handed scissors in 2nd grade and am exceptionally competent cutting with my right hand!! :)

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. greenmother

greenmother Well-Known Member

How long have you been scrapping?
    I was a cautious (read SLOW) paper scrapper before switching over to digi in 2008. I was so bad at it that I only dabbled until the spring of 2010 when I really started scrapping seriously.

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure?
    I have many many faves. I'm a huge fan of mint, berries, and tropical fruits, although not at the same time. If you ask me to choose the cuisine on any given night, I'd choose Mexican food but would almost assuredly order a salad.

What are you currently reading/watching?
    Reading: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (I read it every few years); What the Best College Professors Do; The Red Badge of Courage (with my children); and a new A&P text. (I rarely read just one book at a time)
    Watching: Game of Thrones (5th season); American Horror Story - Hotel (not liking this season much);waiting for The Walking Dead to come back in February. However, at this exact moment, it is Moulin Rouge. MR is my go-to background movie when I'm on the computer. I love the soundtrack and am a push-over for a love story.

What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you're excited about share that if you wish!)
    Last vacation....July in Southern California. We spend one week every summer in Carlsbad/San Diego. We are Legoland people so it's perfect. We leave tomorrow for our annual winter excursion to Munds Park (near Flagstaff) so we can have snow time.

One random fact about you?
    Random, huh? Okay, I'm insanely (and tragically) good at crashing hard drives: PC, Mac, WD, Seagate, even the SD card in my (former) Android. If it has data I need/want, I'll crash it at the most inconvenient time. I've learned the hard way about back-ups and redundancy.

I'm happy to be here at TLP and am looking forward to getting to know many of you.

jk703, HeatherB and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

How long have you been scrapping? - I have been scrapping since 2006, designing since 2009

What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? - ice cream, candy...I'm a sugarholic :(

What are you currently reading or watching? - 48 Hours on ID

What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) - Went to Canada in July. I'm going to see my BFF in Florida in February!

One random fact about you? - Hmmmm....I guess it would be that I literally have no local friends. They're spread out all over the country. It does get lonely sometimes.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

I never even used those stupid left hand scissors. LOL

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

Who are your favorite indie authors and what have you written??

10. LoveItScrapIt

I like Author Untamed's series of books, Never Again, No More. Drama filled romance.
    I'm reading a few of Lucia Jordan's erotic romance right now, all the first books are free on Kindle. So far they've been hit or miss though. I like one and then the next series I don't.

I enjoyed In Between HERE

For poetry...I love a LOT of people, Nayyirah Waheed, Sarah Kay, and lots of non-published poets that I follow and read the work they post.
    I really LOVED Green Markos, she has 2 poetry/prose memoirs

And I write poetry. I have 2 collections so far that are published and available on Amazon, Kindle, B&N etc. HERE

11. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I hope I do this right...first time replying to someone...sorry if its wrong :)...Why New Mexico??? My parents used to live in Yuma AZ... but they were rarely there...here with children and grandchildren LOL

12. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I live in Tracy, but originally San Jose

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  13. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Not too far. I'm off about 10-15 minutes from Dublin exits off the 580 :)

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@elk2009 the quoting and @ tag is new to us too, and is a bit addicting. New Mexico is beautiful and cheap! lol I have 7 kids, and being at home is a priority for us. Helps my scrapping time. YUMA, AZ is pure hot and desolate to me...I live in the high desert mountains, where the air is clear, the mountains have snow, but the roads here don't, it gets hot, but we have a few creeks to play.

15. AnneofAlamo

wow, I spent many hours by that exit, in traffic going sloooooooooooooooooooow lol

elk2009 likes this.
  16. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

Yes Yuma is exactly as you describe it LOL...but my parents inherited a house there so there you go :) My parents also lived in the foothills, except for the heat I think my mom kinda liked it there....where you live sounds lovely

17. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

omgoodness we are close! small world :)

18. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

How long have you been scrapping? Since summer 2006 digital (right before my youngest was born). I paper scrapped starting in Middle School.
    What's your fave snack/guilty food pleasure? CHOCOLATE-any kind! But kit-kats are my favs!
    What are you currently reading or watching? I read teen fiction before my oldest daughter, to make sure it's appropriate. So right now, I am reading "Winter" by Marisssa Meyer.
    What's the last vacation you went on and where? (If you have one coming up soon that you are excited about share that if you wish!) This summer we took an extended family vacation Out West- Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park and Cheyenne, WY. I would love to do it again! We were supposed to go to WDW with 2 families from Church, next summer. However, we have cancelled. Probably for the best, since one of the families is pregnant and due less than 1 month before we were going to leave!
    One random fact about you? I have 4 girls! Ages 14, almost 13, 11, and 9. And we only have one bathroom- my poor husband!

19. AnneofAlamo

I applaud you for this, we have such a hard time with "teen" fiction. I can recommend the Micheal Vey series.
    this is my dream vacation, I so want to see Mt. Rushmore!

oh my, indeed, I have 5 boys, and well we live in the desert, and many times, the boys gotta go.....go...lol

a hearty welcome to the Lily Pad, I hope you feel comfy and enjoy

20. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

Mt Rushmore was beautiful! The whole area was! We could have spent a few days there (or even a week), but because we had reservations at Yellowstone that we had to make, we couldn't stay longer!!! If/when you do get to go...go one night, and than one day. They light up the monument at night, and have a great patriotic show!

Thanks for the recommended author, I'll mention him to her!