New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Hey, @Tiff1013 ! It can seem a little overwhelming, but we are in the process of creating some "beginner" videos. It doesn't need to be complicated, I promise! I'm sorry I didn't anticipate to have them ready already, but I know you are in the HOS workshop and you won't need anything special to participate!

2. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

After a bit of a digital scrapbooking break (few years) I'm back and ready to catch up. I've been slowly getting back into it over the past 2 months and happy to have found The Lily Pad.

I'm a mom of 3 girls and we vacation at Disney World every year (Drive down from Southern Ontario, Canada). I started scrapbooking back in 2006 (I think) then caught the design bug and sold kits for a number of years. Eventually I retired and took a break. Now I'm ready to have some fun and create layouts with years of untouched photos :)

jenn mccabe, A-M, cfile and 2 others like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome back to scrapping! I know what that's like. I was scrapping often and quite regularly from 2007 to 2012, then stopped for a few years to focus on photography, then got back into it again in 2015. I love TLP. :love So glad I found this place!

4. DisneyMom

Thanks. It says my posts (in the challenge threads) are awaiting a mod approval (or something like that). Does this happen for every post? Or just because I'm new?

bellbird likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think just newbies are monitored for a few posts.

bellbird and DisneyMom like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello and welcome @DisneyMom this is the best message board on earth. Kind of like Disney. Haha I was there last June and it's a wonderful place!!

cfile, DisneyMom and bellbird like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi @DisneyMom and welcome - i just saw some of your pages in the gallery! Looks like you've gotten back into it in a big way! (Haven't designs changed somewhat since 2006?!) If you have any problems, just ask but yep, the mod's will approve your posts soon hopefully - it's a bit of an anti-spam feature here with first posts

cfile and DisneyMom like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oooo...Where in Southern Ontario? I lived there for awhile (born in St. Thomas), and my brother is there now.

DisneyMom likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to the Lily Pad! We are so glad you are here and have joined us!!!

DisneyMom likes this.
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@DisneyMom Welcome to the Lily Pad.
    I hope you settle in and enjoy being here as this is a great place to be !

DisneyMom likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome @DisneyMom - now that you are posting a bit ... are your Challenge posts showing OK? Like Michele said - it's a moderator thing until you get past a certain #. Let's us know if you are still having issues. And enjoy being back into the world of scrapping again!!! We are thrilled you found The Lilypad! :)

DisneyMom likes this.
  12. DisneyMom

I'm just outside of Hamilton :)

bestcee likes this.
  13. DisneyMom

Everything is working great now. Thanks :) Booo to spammers :mad

Karen and jenn mccabe like this.
  14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@DisneyMom Welcome back to scrapping! We’re so glad you chose The Pad to get back into the swing of things. Our community is the best in Digiland!

I’m Margaret and am a hybrid scrapper living in Texas. I’ve been scrapping since 1997 and have 2 grown daughters and a teenage son. I’m also about to be a grandmother.

If you need anything at all, please don’t be shy. You’ll find everyone here is truly very happy to help.

Since you’re a Disney fan, be sure to check out Project Mouse by Sahlin Studio. You can find it here: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse/

Happy Scrapping!

15. DisneyMom

Thanks for the welcome :) Any advice on how to survive teen years with girls :giggle ... j/k (kinda)

I have a few of the project mouse packs from a while back and can't wait to update my stash with more.

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  16. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Earplugs?? LOL Just don’t take anything too personal and realize that their hormones have made them insane. ;D

A great way to build up your Project Mouse stash is to do the monthly challenges. If you complete at least 7 of the 8 regular challenges (not the designers’ challenges), you’ll earn a 30% off coupon. It’s good for your entire cart total. You also have a chance to win a $50 gift certificate. Can’t beat that!

Head over to the Challenge forum and scroll to May’s challenges. You have until the end of the month. :agree

Karen and DisneyMom like this.
  17. Tiff1013

Tiff1013 New Member

Awesome, I can’t wait for the beginner videos, I just purchased Photoshop CC, and I am lost....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Tiff1013

Tiff1013 New Member

Thank you!!!! I just purchased Photoshop CC, and I would not say I use it, as I have yet to figure out how in the world to use it....

cfile likes this.
  19. Tiff1013

Tiff1013 New Member

Thank you!!!!!

jenevang likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Tiff! There are quite a few CC users here - is there anything you are stuck on particularly? I'm still on Photoshop CS6 but i'm sure it's still fairly similar from screenshots - have you used older versions of Photoshop before or are brand new to it all? The Learning Pad is a good place to look around and there's a list of tutorials pinned at the top if you are looking for a place to start....? https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/learning-pad.351/ (And don't worry, we were all new once!)