Need help with colors for wedding layouts

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by pbrooks, Mar 10, 2015.

1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

This a photo of my daughter's wedding. Her colors were teal and pink but there are so many varieties of teal. I've looked for papers & elements that would go well with the photos but I am lost. What colors should I use?

[​IMG]

I did use a pale pink paper from Amber's Treasured Kit with photos of just my daughter and I really like the way it looks. The teal is my problem.

[​IMG]

2. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I'd suggest neutrals. Let that lovely teal be the color that draws the viewer in!

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I would go with the colors of that marvelous stonework! and let that teal be a pop out color on it's own. You can always, color match the font to the actual dress if you want some match

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i totally agree with nancy and anne. neutral would make the teal pop on its own! maybe a pale gray?
    (good to see again Pam! congrats, looks like a beautiful wedding!)

5. pbrooks

Thank you so much Jenn.

6. pbrooks

Thank you so much everyone. I like your ideas. I am going to go with neutrals.

7. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I love the photos! And as said, I would also go for the neutral tones. The picture will talk for themselves.

Be sure to share your layouts, I can't wait to see them!

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You can always recolor papers to the color of the dresses too... I agree though on the neutral colors. Beautiful photos .. congratulations to your daughter & son in law :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love the color of those dresses and what gorgeous photos! :) Looks like someone has a lot of fun scrapping ahead of them. :)

10. pbrooks

Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate your comments.

I need more templates similar to Amber's. Except for iPhone photos I only have proof pictures and they are not very large. But, I am thankful to have them. I don't know why I didn't ask someone to take photos for me besides the photographer. I guess being the mother of the bride I wasn't quite myself LOL!

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Ji Pam :) gorgeous photos!!!!! and yes, like everyone else, I would stick to neutrals and maybe combine a couple of beiges or even go for an earth tone that looks great with teals, my living room is dark beige, brown and some creams, with lots of teal splashes (cushions, curtains and more)
    I had a similar problem and was suggested that I buy Amy's Mega Solids Papers Packs....and was the best buy ever....you get the neutrals and get all the other tons as well, which you can use again & again, I also think is an amazing price...
    this is the first

[​IMG]

she also has Vol 2 and Vol 3....
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mega-Solid-Paper-Pack-vol.-2.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mega-Solid-Paper-Pack-vol.-3.html

hope it helps :)

12. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You may be interested in these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. pbrooks

Cynthia, thank you so much for your help. I have set #1 in my cart. I love solid papers. And, I agree with you--amazing price.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  14. pbrooks

Lorry, thanks so much! I have a couple sets in my cart while I debate which would work best for me. I tried making some templates, but it was taking so long that I just gave up LOL!

15. hsmom

hsmom New Member

My D&D wedding is coming up with similar colors...the neutral suggestion is great!

16. martha51891

martha51891 New Member

I love the layout you did with the soft pink background! What a wonderful colour for those photos - it perfectly compliments the lovely glow of the skin tones and it works so well with that warm coloured stone too. I agree that the neutrals will make the teal dresses pop. I think the pink can be a neutral here too. I would find warm parchment colours and warm grays to complitment that pink paper. Also a little bit of texture might compliment the stone in the photos too. What fun photos to scrap! Enjoy your project.

17. cfile

If you are using PS, bring in the photo to your work space using the File>Place tool... that will allow you to enlarge without much loss of pixels... it works really well especially if your proofs are small. :)

18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

What method of bringing a photo in are you comparing to, and what happens differently?

19. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Looks like you've received tons of great advice. Just thought I would chime in to say how gorgeous those photos are! Must have been a beautiful wedding.

20. cfile

Lorry, Pam was saying she has proofs but they are not very large. When I bring anything into my work space a photo or element I bring it in to PS/CC using the File > Place ... it will bring the photo in as a smart object so you can enlarge and it will allow Pam to bring in her smaller proof photos and enlarge them for her layouts without too much issue.

If you have the photo open in another window and drag it on to the workspace, if you transform to try and make it bigger it will distort. The place will keep the file name and will allow you to adjust keeping it in the smart mode.

(At least this has been my experience anyway)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015