National Dessert Day | Pad Patter 10.14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 14, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Now this is a day I can get in to!! It's National Dessert Day!

[​IMG]

I am trying to decide what I would consider my favorite dessert, but I can't choose one thing. There are so many yummy desserts out there and sometimes it depends on the time of year. I love cheesecakes, pies, cobblers, and ice cream...I could go on and on. I very seldom eat dessert right after dinner, just because I'm usually so full. But, I do love a good dessert later as a snack :)

What's your favorite dessert? Do you eat dessert right after a meal?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Dessert used to be my favorite meal of the day. For some reason, anything sweet upsets my stomach now, especially chocolate. Once in awhile, I'll have some Luigi's Mango Sorbet for dessert. That seems to agree with me, but i can't have that very often.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I usually like to wait a bit after a meal to enjoy dessert.

There are very few desserts that I haven't liked, but it just so happens that last night at my MIL's, my niece made this trifle with pumpkin flavored pudding, apples, caramel sauce, and toffee, which actually sounded wonderful. But uh, yeah, no. NOT good. Blech. I had two bites and then NOPE.

One of my fave desserts is the cake my mother makes for my birthday. It's a strawberry cake. Usually pound cake layers with strawberry filling and the icing is made from a strawberry reduction. The icing is actually really light. It's sweet, but not overwhelmingly so, and it's cool and refreshing.

2018-08-26-(9)-1.jpg

LoveItScrapIt and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

I love Sorbet!

Oh my, that trifle sounds super rich! I can't do anything overly sweet or rich...one bite and I'm done. Now that strawberry/pound cake sounds and looks absolutely divine!! I love a really light whipped icing!

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I love dessert. Literally all kinds!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the one I can't resist, if it's there I will eat every last bite, is ice cream. I can say no to a piece of cake, or pie, or cookies etc, but if there is ice cream in the house I have to have it!!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yum! I'm a dessert Junkie! Haven't met one I didn't like! ;) There are some I prefer over others tho- I'm a serious pie fan. I cannot have pie in our house & not eat it. I LOVE pumpkin, apple, berry, any fruit really & prefer those over the cream based, but it's the crust that gets me! :)

I prefer to wait a bit after a meal for dessert if I can. At Thanksgiving & Christmas (really any big family dinner) we all will go on a walk between dinner/dessert. It's nice to get fresh air & a bit of movement before the next gorging! ;)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I'm totally an ice cream junkie, too!!

mmmm Pie! I'm not so much a fan of pumpkin, but I do love all the others! And yes, to the walk between gorging! It's must!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  8. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

My favorite dessert is Tiramisu!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh man...I will eat just about any dessert as long as it isn't lemon....bah, I dislike lemon desserts...or foods for that matter. lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Just about anything containing chocolate, except pudding. I just don't like pudding!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My favorite dessert is whichever one is in my belly. Today it's brownies leftover from yesterday as well as pumpkin bread I made and an apple cider filled donut. (all things eaten before noon and I don't feel guilty *but* I won't have dessert after dinner tonight. I celebrated early lol!)

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have to tell this funny story. We went to a neighborhood dinner party last week and there was a 90 year old man there. (He looked like he was about 75, but anyhoo) when I passed on the chocolate dessert, he asked me why. I told him I couldn't eat chocolate at all. He looked at me and said "if I couldn't eat chocolate every day, I might as well just die." I about lost it! Chocolate is supposed to be healthy - there's the proof. :lol:lol

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

Yum!!

Oooh I love lemon anything!! It's one of my very favorites!! Lemony desserts, lemony drinks, lemony water :giggle

I can do pudding any time of day or even make it a meal :giggle

Omgosh, that all sounds amazing! Apple cider filled donut...ooooh I need to find one of those or a few!

That's too funny! My mother swears by her glass of red wine and piece of dark chocolate every evening :)

Cherylndesigns and Tree City like this.
  14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love cheesecake. I got to have a couple bites this past week for my sister's birthday.

I generally don't eat dessert, even when I'm not eating better, after dinner. My kids, especially my daughter, love to do this. I am trying to teach them that just because we HAVE treats to eat doesn't mean they HAVE to be eaten every day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

[​IMG] But I do usually bake them first so I am more like this:
    [​IMG]

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. IntenseMagic

I get it! I hardly buy treats anymore because my son will eat them all in one day. UGH.

17. IntenseMagic

Have any of you tried these
    [​IMG]
    I have the Cinnamon Coffee Cake flavor and it is really good!! And totally perfect for just a craving every now and then!

18. IntenseMagic

I usually end up baking most of them :giggle

19. DigiGrace

No, I didn't know about the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1. It looks delicious. I Googled it and the Oatcups and Blueberry Muffin also look good.

Do you add drizzles and frosting to the cake?

20. DigiGrace

Speaking of Duncan Hines, I remember when the Duncan Hines cake mix and pudding mix recipe baked in a Bundt pan was very delicious and very popular.

IntenseMagic likes this.