Nail Polish | Pad Patter 6.1.2023

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Jun 1, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy National Nail Polish Day! I thought this was too fun a topic to pass up.

I went through a phase in junior high or high school when I would repaint my nails every single day to match my outfit. Every single day! I can't believe I used to do that, but I really had fun with it.

When my kids were little I would paint their nails and my baby boy would get upset if I painted his sisters' nails and not his so I painted his too.

I don't ever paint my finger nails any more but I do like to keep my toenails painted, especially during flip flop season. They are currently a nice jade green color but it's coming off a lot so it's about time for a new coat.

Have you ever used nail polish?
    Do you paint your fingernails or toenails or both?
    Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish?
    What is your go-to nail color?
    Any fun current nail polish trends I should know about?

Janelle12 likes this.
  2. umyesh

Have you ever used nail polish? Yes.
    Do you paint your fingernails or toenails or both? Toenails only.
    Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish? Sinful Colors. I started buying them when Walgreens would sell them for $1/bottle and now it's the only brand I like to buy.
    What is your go-to nail color? I usually go with blues or greens for my toes, or oranges and yellows in the fall.
    Any fun current nail polish trends I should know about? I don't keep up with trends so I need your help on this one!

Janelle12 likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

no never paint my nails. I think an aunt painted them for me once, but I didn't like it.

Janelle12 and umyesh like this.
  4. umyesh

I don't like my fingernails painted any more so I understand how you didn't like it.

Janelle12 likes this.
  5. Janelle12

Janelle12 Well-Known Member

Have you ever used nail polish? Yes

Do you paint your fingernails or toenails or both? Toenails only during the months I wear sandals and/or flip flops. I paint my fingernails maybe twice a year - it wears off so fast that it's not worth it to me to paint them!

Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish? Zoya

What is your go-to nail color? Anything bright and vibrant

Any fun current nail polish trends I should know about? I don't know of any, but I don't pay attention to any of that either! :)

Just a fun story: An amazon package was delivered to my house yesterday. I opened it and inside was a bottle of OPI nail polish. I was so confused because I knew I didn't order any nail polish. I saw a piece of paper in the box and it said, "Enjoy your nail polish! From Christine." Christine is one of my best friends and I went to watch her daughter play in the state softball tournament last week. At one of the games, I commented on the shade of nail polish Christine was wearing because it was so pretty so she bought some and sent it to me. I thought that was so sweet!!

amien1, umyesh and Iowan like this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Have you ever used nail polish? Yes, I went through phases of wearing it and not wearing it.
    Do you paint your fingernails or toenails or both? Usually only the fingernails but did do the toes a couple of times.
    Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish? The last brand I used was Essie. I should probably find my bottles and see if they are still good... been quite a few years since I used them.
    What is your go-to nail color? I never had a go-to nail color.
    Any fun current nail polish trends I should know about? Heck if I know! I haven't worn polish in 8 to 10 years!

I have only ever had one professional manicure/pedicure in my life. My cousin's wife treated me to it when I went to their house in FL on vacation in 2013. The fingernail polish started chipping the next day. The toes were good for over a week.

No matter what I used to "harden" the polish, it would chip on me within 24 hours. I could sit for 2 to 3 hours and not move hands so the polish would dry and it would still get smudged. And, now I have a split nail that fingernail polish would make very noticeable. The only thing that goes on the nails these days (time to do it again, thanks for reminding me) is a nail protein called Nailtiques Formula 2.

umyesh likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Have you ever used nail polish? When I was a kid. And maybe a few times as a teen.
    Do you paint your fingernails or toenails or both? I think I painted my toenails too a few times.
    Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish? nope (I last bought nail polish, not for me but for my kids, years ago. One likes it, the other doesn't. The third has yet to express an opinion on the topic, to my knowledge.)
    What is your go-to nail color? none
    Any fun current nail polish trends I should know about? beats me

:lol

I think nail polish stinks horribly and don't care to bother with it. I admire other people's nail art sometimes though!

umyesh likes this.
  8. Scrapcrazy

Scrapcrazy Active Member

I always bit my nails until about two years ago...see that gray hair...no spring chicken and for about 8 months I was wildly into nails but I used acrylic dip powder to make them hard and the grew out. Then I went to doing my own gel polish at home but became allergic to that. It felt like i stuck my nails in fire and the skin peeled. They were sore for about two weeks. So I had to stop that. I do like the look of polish and have some polish now but it doesn't stay on as long as I would like. I still have longer nails though so at least it stopped my nail biting!

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

I will have to check out Zoya. Yay for fun friends that send you surprises in the mail!

10. umyesh

I think I have a few bottles of Essie. Good job using nail protein!

11. umyesh

If the smell bothered me I definitely wouldn’t use it. I admire nail art too; people are so talented and creative!

michelepixels likes this.
  12. umyesh

I’m so sorry you were allergic to the gel polish! What a terrible two weeks! I’m glad you’ve been able to stop the nail biting at least; getting braces on my teeth stopped my nail biting.

Scrapcrazy likes this.
  13. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I do love manis and pedis...
    I do use nail polish once in a while and my go-to is always nude/pinkish colors or my ever favorite blackish-dark violet.. lol I have had this nail polish for the longest time and it is still the same quality (for me at least haha)... it's an OPI brand and I love it. I like to paint both but mostly just toenails.

umyesh likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I definitely have my toenails painted when it's flip flop season. I just painted mine this weekend because it got HOT this week. I do paint my fingernails sometimes, but most of the time it's just clear nailpolish. I have the OPI Nail Envy that is a strengthener and it's my favorite because it dries super fast... like in 20 seconds! So even when I paint my nails with a color, I use that first like a base coat and it helps the colored polish not chip off so fast. I'm a big fan of pinks. I use a hot pink for my toes (called Strawberry Fields) and then usually a really light pink on my fingers.

umyesh likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Also... I forget to say that I can't believe you matched your nails to your outfit every day Monica! That is dedication! :giggle @umyesh

umyesh likes this.
  16. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I started painting my nails regularly about 2 years ago when an Olive and June youtube video sucked me in. I bought their system and I love it. The best tip I can share to get a lasting manicure is to not let any water touch your nails for at least an hour before putting on the polish. Then before you start give them a swipe with nail polish remover. I get 6 days out of a manicure doing this.

umyesh likes this.
  17. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

I love having my toe nails painted. Finger nails - not so much :)

umyesh likes this.
  18. umyesh

I love manis and pedis too! Your ever favorite sounds like an amazing color I need to find ASAP!

19. umyesh

I want to try the OPI Nail Envy now!

It was definitely dedication haha that or stupidity…

Karen likes this.
  20. umyesh

I’ve heard of Olive and June but haven’t tried it. Thanks for the tip! I would love to have the color last longer for me.