My First Hybrid Layout

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by nessa9116, May 1, 2012.

1. nessa9116

nessa9116 New Member

Hi Ladies,

Upon completing my first hybrid layout, I thought I would share a bit of the process with you.
    The April BYOC caught my eye right off the bat, so I decided to go with that.
    When I looked through the store I focused on the papers and element packs the most. For me, elements that work with hybrid the most are things like journaling cards, frames, things that would look good printed on paper. Any of the fabric elements (ribbon, felt) don't really work for me.
    With that in mind I chose the Something Good Elements by Jenn Barrette as there were lots of good "paper" elements in there. I also chose the Everyday Story Doodles by Lauren Grier - These were just too cute to pass up, and went really well with my theme. Then for journaling I used the Jot it Down #3 by Amy Wolff. The papers I used were also from the Something Good collection by Jenn Barrette.

Once I had downloaded all of my files I started sorting through the elements. I chose a few, opened them in my Silhouette Studio and then traced them, so they would cut out nicely. I also chose some Silhouette shapes that I had made and cropped some of the PP into them (tutorial to come). I absolutely loved all of the patterned papers, so to show them all off I made a chevron file on the Silhouette Studio and cropped 8 different patterned papers into it.

After cropping all of my patterned papers, and tracing all of my elements, I re-sized them all to what I thought would work. Some of the elements I made a few different sizes, just so I could play with the different sizes on my page. I arranged all of my elements and patterned paper onto 2 - 8 1/2 x 11 canvasses in the Silhouette Studio, printed them on Adobe Matte Presentation Paper and then ran them through my Silhouette to cut them out. Because I cut only elements that I wanted, the layout came together very quickly.

You could also use a template or a sketch to make it even faster. All in all, it was lots of fun, and meant a lot less paper, and a lot less waste.

[​IMG]

2. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

You did a fantastic job sweetie!!!

3. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Wow amazing job!!

4. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

How gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your process!

5. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Awesome Vanessa! I love your process and your hybrid layout! I've been wanting to do one myself with using my Silhouette. You and Shanna pretty much pushed me over the edge!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's awesome! Great page! Love the little bits of confetti! :)