my building work

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mummyd, Mar 6, 2013.

1. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

I made this page not so long ago about some building work I am going to be having done, we are knocking completly down the kitchen, and re building it bigger, with a untility and a bedroom above it, also adding a conservorty, well the months of planning and egtting things in place is now down to just weeks and to say the least I am getting kinds scared.
    My son is autistic and hates loud noises and strange things, he has to be into routine, so to have my kitchen all of a sudden down to 1 unit and a cooker in my dining room is going to seruosly freak him out, plus not being able to go outside as and when he wants too is going to be so hard for him.

well we are almost 5 and a half weeks until work commences

here is my page about my plans

[​IMG]

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

what a big undertaking! I am sure that the process may not be fun, but hopefully all will go smoothly and you will be enjoying your new set up soon!
    Love your layout that you did!

3. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

thank you, the builder says once they start to knock it down and remove, it will be around 3 months to completion, thats if here is the uk we dont get any bad rainy weather that will hold them off

4. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

What a fun layout! I love how you used the drawings to showcase your building plans, and your enthusiasm for the project -- you can do it! Living in a house while work is ongoing is tough, but it will be so worth it in the end, right? Here's hoping that the rain stays away and it gets done on schedule!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

HOly cow! Three months to finish! Yikes! I bet it's going to be awesome! I hope that your son adjusts okay! Very fun page about it!

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Wow! 3 months will seem like forever, but the finished kitchen will be amazing.
    I love the page you created!

7. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

its does seem like forever, think its seems so long cos the kitchen we have is completely going, digging new foundations replacing the kitchen but having a bedroom over it and conservorty on the side, thus giving us loads more space, but its scary to think they are just going to come in and rip it all down......cry

8. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Fab layout Donna and what courage you have! Wow! That is a genormous project but I am sure it will be awesome when it's done. I'll keep my fingers crossed you will not get rain. If you don not get rain I probably wont either right? ;) LOL
    I am wishing you the best of luck and lots of patience my dear!!!