My 2 year old has a great throwing arm...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RachelYoung, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RachelYoung

RachelYoung RachelYoung

However, we found out by him throwing a AA battery at our new (this summer) plasma tv. A chip with 4 cracks an inch long each radiating out of it is the result. It' won't turn on. Not a happy mama. :dizzy

Now I know you can get these:
    http://www.amazon.com/50-TV-Protect...353875472&sr=8-5&keywords=tv+screen+protector

I wish we would have known about it before hand...so ANYONE with little kiddos around, get one asap! :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Yikes. That's impressive for a AA battery.

3. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

4. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Ouch! That bites the big one! Thanks for the tip, Rachel!

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Oh yikes! Huge bummer. :(

We had something similar happen to a portable DVD player that we bought for our last big road trip. DD2 dropped it and shattered it. DH said that he thought our credit card company had a coverage clause...and they did. So, were able to get a replacement for a nominal fee (something like $29). It might be worth checking out.

6. RachelYoung

RachelYoung RachelYoung

We bought it off of eBay with paypal. No such luck there. :(

I'm so glad you were able to replace yours!!

7. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

If our son had done that, I don't know if we'd have a son right now...my husband would have been more upset than I could express---however at that age, he did throw two toys at two different windows in our house. And broke both. Plate glass, about 1/4 inch thick.

Hopefully either the place you bought if from, or the card you bought it with (if you used a CC) can get it replaced. :(

8. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

That stinks! I'm sorry your tv is broken! I wouldn't have even thought of getting a screen protector! I hope you can get a good deal on a new one!

9. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

My husband scooped up the remote a few years ago and it flew out of his hands, right into the TV. It was so much better that it was his fault rather than one of the kids. I guess we should look into those protectors! LOL

So sorry that happened :(

10. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Thanks for the tip :) Sorry to hear about your TV too.

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

oh that is NOT good! i didn't know those things existed, maybe we should get a couple!

12. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Oh no! That is just terrible. EEK!

13. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

omg i have a almost 2 year old that likes to throw so good advice thanks,i hope you have insurance for the tv tho

14. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Oh no that is terrible!! I'm am thankful that my kiddos have never done that - solely because I know Chris would freak majorly!! Gives me anxiety just thinking about it LOL.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh no! That's so stinky! I'm sorry that you didn't find out about those protectors sooner! We JUST got a new 50" plasma for the basement and it has the Wii hooked up to it, so I'm thinking we'll be getting one of these to avoid any errant Wii remotes flying through the air... or you know, Nerf bullets or Legos or whatever it is they want to throw at each other.

16. RachelYoung

RachelYoung RachelYoung

Do it! You won't be sorry...
    The worst that can happen is that you never need it, although with kids I'm thinking we'll never have another tv without one!

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Ouch! Thanks for the pointer. Ours is a smaller screen, but still one we can't replace if the kids break it.

18. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

My husband would probably be grateful at this point if Isaac chucked a AA battery at our TV. It's nice enough, but everytime we go through an electronics section he drools over the new ones. I understand, though. It's how I feel about the new iMacs. :)