Monthly Muse Febraury 2019: Love YourSELF | Week 1: Love Your Body

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine. I drew this sketch of an old woman that fits the theme of my page.
    [​IMG]

mimisgirl and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

This was such a powerful song I heard as a teen and it still sticks with me to this day. Reminds me that no matter how I may look or feel about myself I am enough. Of course I still struggle from time to time but this song always comes to mind.

[​IMG]

Carol K., flowersgal, AJK and 2 others like this.
  3. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Upon Reading The Rules/Directions For This Monthly Muse Over A Couple Of Times...I Seriously Had To Do A Lot Of Thinking On What Direction I Wanted To Take My Layout...Positive/Negative/Introspective...I Decided To Go With Positive & That's Saying A Lot...The Personal Stories Shared Here Are Just Wonderful But I Have Done A Few Personal Story Layouts As Of Late & I Wanted To Switch It Up...I Understand How Difficult It Can Be To Open Up About Personal Difficulties Also...I Lost 55 Pounds & I Still Don't Like The Way My Body Looks In General...I Have Always Felt This Way...Although I Am Proud Of How Hard I Worked To Lose The Weight...My Anxiety Issues Always Creep In & Make Me Feel Less Happy Than I Probably Should...But That Being Said...I Am A Person Who Responds Overwhelmingly To Color...I Love Color!...I See Color Everywhere!...I Feel The Power/Impact Of Color In My Daily Life And So On...I Love Art,Music & Culture!...My Body & Mind Responds Positively To All Sorts Of Color Ideas,Inspirations & Visuals...As Scrapbookers...I Know You All Understand The Power Of Color & How It Can Make Or Break A Layout...So I Apply That Kind Of Thinking To My Daily Life...We All Respond To Certain Colors And/Or Are Attracted To Certain Colors That Make Us Smile/Feel Happy/Brighten Our Day!...So Sometimes If I Am Having A Bad Day...I May Wear A Red Blouse/Blazer/Jacket Or One Of My Favorite Red Pieces Of Jewelry...Earrings/Bracelet/Watch...Etc...That Make Me Feel Happy...Exercising These Types Of Things/Ideas/Therapies Can Also Lift You Up On A Dark & Dreary Day Too(All These Winter Days Lately!...)...Like Wearing A Bright Colorful Scarf On A Dark Jacket...Can Uplift Your Mood & Make Your Body/Mind Feel Better...I Think We All Know How Bright Colors Are Used In Therapy & Used To Uplift Moods Etc...So That's What My Layout Is About...Visually Displaying A Host Of Different Colors That Seemingly May Not Go Together But Yet Displayed In The Proper Perspective Can Go Together Wonderfully & That May Have The Power To Uplift Your Body/Mood!(Because These Two Things Are Most Certainly Connected...)...So Thinking About Wearing Color Physically On The Body Can Have Similar Effects...At Least It Uplifts My Mood & Makes My Body/Mind Feel Better!...You Get The Idea...

*For My Color In Positivity Layout-I Used:

*Magic Moments:Amok Amok Amok-Painted Papers-Bella Gypsy
    *Halloween-Paint & Stitches & Storyteller:October 2017-Add-On-Just Jaimee
    *Turning It Around-Lynn Grieveson
    *Art Crush No.4-Artsy Bits & Pieces-NBk Design
    *Snapshots-Collab-Parts 2 & 3-The Lilypad
    *Life Is An Adventure-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Winterland-Paula Kesselring
    *Once Upon An Imagination-Allison Pennington
    *Chill Out-ForeverJoy
    *A New Me-Bundle & Butterfly Basics-New Year Edition-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Font Used:Geometr231 BT

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    mimisgirl and wvsandy like this.
  4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

5. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

@DisneyMom LOVE your sketch!!!

@RJMJ THank you so much for sharing so openly with us! I totally get you on the color - I am the same way - I purposefully decorate my home in bright happy colors - and a big rainbow mix of them - because I live in the Pacific NorthWest and it rains and rains and rains and is dreary and grey and I get so depressed - but having the color all around me helps SOOOO much!

@wvsandy LOVE that bright red/pink - and your positive outlook

6. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I am SO doing these starting tomorrow! I need my beauty sleep now.... :D

mimisgirl likes this.
  7. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I could have spent the whole month on this - more than likely tweaking on it until it's ruined. Honestly I'm not sure if it isn't now.

So, it's late, I'm punch drunk, Imma ramble a bit. I've been wanting to turn this poem into an art piece ever since I wrote it. Never could, depression, life sucks, whatever. As soon as I saw this challenge I knew I finally found a way to get it done, so I can stop fretting over it and go on to something else.

I'm really proud of this piece for a couple of reasons, the main one being I actually drew a couple of the elements myself. If I had a tablet I would have done more; I can only work with the mouse for so long before my hand wants to stop working, and the draw on paper/scan/extract method is just too time consuming.

But this has really, realllly turned me on to the idea of just freaking do it and start working on a physical art journal. If I'm willing to draw with a mouse, surely I can doodle in a notebook, yes?

So anyway, my thanks for the incredibly timely challenge, and the opportunity to mark something off my to-do list.

[​IMG]

Credits and journaling at link

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks for doing this challenge!
    [​IMG]

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I struggle with this all the time, darn it..... but I will join in. Let me ponder.

btw. I am sorry Feb 14th has so many bad memories. XOXO

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Dalis, I completely get it. I'm pondering, too. Not sure if I'll come up with anything or not.

11. Dalis

WE MUST, but it may take me more than this week. These past two weeks have been super hard because I am NOT loving my body right now.

12. mimisgirl

@Dalis @Cherylndesigns take your time - some days (weeks, months, years) are easier than others. I have a friend who helped me get in the habit of thanking my body - even when I don't love it - and that helps me through the tougher moments. I'm honestly not happy with mine at all right now - some because it is giving out, and other because I have not taken care of it. so I get you!

13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone!...Great Layouts So Far!...I Already Did A Layout For This Week's Challenge Here But I Wanted To Do Another One That Was A Bit More Graphic/Artsy & A Bit More To The Point Of The Challenge...Eventhough This Layout Is About YOU!!!...Loving YOU!...& YOU!...Loving Your Own Body!...I Choose To Think More On The Positive Side Of This Very Personal Debate...Honestly...I Don't Really Love My Body Most Of The Time Either Because Of My Anxiety/My Chronic Pain/My Serious Food Intolerances Etc...It Doesn't Work The Way I Want It To Most Of The Time & Honestly I Don't Actually Have A Lot Of Control Over It Most Days But After Admitting These Tough Things Out Loud...I Still Have To Look On The Positive Side Of Things...I Lost 55 Pounds & I Still Think I'm Big...I'm Still A Plus Size Gal & With All My Health Problems Each Day Is Certainly A Struggle...I Can't Control Much But I Can Control The Fact That I Can & I Will Work Out Every Day(No Matter How Much Pain I'm In) To Keep My Weight Under Control...This Makes Me Feel Better About Myself & Feel Stronger Knowing I'm Doing Something Good For Myself Each & Every Day No Matter How Bad I Feel Physically & Mentally...It's So Very Important To Keep An Open Mind & Not Be Too Hard On Yourself Each Day...We Can All Only Do So Much & Tolerate So Much & Each Day Is Different...So If One Day Isn't Great...Do Something Nice For Yourself & If That Doesn't Make You Feel Much Better That Day...There's Always Tomorrow...Another Day To Try & Feel Better About Yourself!...Sometimes It Takes Baby Steps But Baby Steps Are Better Than No Steps & Each Step Counts!...

*I Had Fun Making My Layout...I Took Photos & Split Them Into Various Body Sections...Heads/Torsos/Legs/Feet & Morphed Certain Ones Ever So Slightly & Switched The Legs & Feet From One Photo To Another...To Perhaps Mimic The Way We See Ourselves Each Day...Each Day We Look At Ourselves Differently/Wear Different Clothes/Wear Different Shoes/Boots/Sandals Depending On The Weather/How We Feel That Day/How Sick We Feel/How Happy We Feel Etc...

*On A Side Note:I Just Wanted To Mention:That I Made My Own WA For This Layout...I Took The Preview For Little Butterfly Wings Kit-What Is Love & Converted It Into The WA You See In My Layout...

*For My Body Love Layout-I Used:

*What Is Love-Little Butterfly Wings
    *To The Moon And Back-Paula Kesselring
    *Basic Days-Spools-ForeverJoy
    *You're My Favorite-Mini-Alexis Design Studio

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    wvsandy likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Thanks for the encouragement, Erin. I need to try to start thanking mine, too. It HAS carried me through a lot of years. I really need to be more mindful of that. Very thought-provoking answer. :beat:beat:beat

15. Cherylndesigns

Erin @mimisgirl - I couldn't have done this had you not planted that seed about thanking our bodies. That really hit home with me, because I hadn't really thought about it from that angle. My AJ page is totally about "awakening and thanking my body".

[​IMG]

mimisgirl likes this.
  16. mimisgirl

@Cherylndesigns YAY - I am glad it helped to inspire you! I find it is always a good place for me to start.

@RJMJ Awesome that you got a second page in - and I totally get you on that!

17. Cherylndesigns

I don't think I could have wrapped my head around it if you hadn't made me think about it from a different angle.

mimisgirl likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:yesss Finally! I've completed a layout for the Art Journaling Monthly Muse! I've been reading along with them for over a year, but never manage to fit them in each month! So I'm celebrating finally making one! :happydance2

[​IMG]

mimisgirl likes this.
  19. mimisgirl

@michelepixels Yay!!!! Awesome sauce!!

So glad you were able to play with us!

michelepixels likes this.
  20. Dalis

Finally, my week #1:

[​IMG]