Month of Challenges - MOC4 countdown has begun!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 2, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Honestly, don't stress about it. It's truly meant to be fun and motivating, so just go with the flow and do your best!

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Oh my gosh, if I haven't said it yet, welcome welcome to all the "newbies"!!!

And thanks Anne for that link to the blog. This is my first MOC, too, having only been at the pad for 7 months or so!

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Honestly, my 1st year I just sort of winged it and somehow managed to finish. Whew. However, I can tell you what would have helped me (and what I tried to do since then). Have several photos and stories ready to scrap. And if you can think of products/kits to use with them, even better. Make a list, create folders. You'll be glad you did.

Also, don't get too far behind, b/c then you rush and don't love your pages. The whole goal is to scrap our lives and love what we scrap (in addition to being challenged to try new things). Have FUN. Don't let it stress you.

And enjoy the community! It's so fun getting to know others doing the same thing. Cannot.wait.

crazsquaw likes this.
  4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I like Jen's idea but my question is - will we know the new designers before end of December so we can get prepared? I have to admit I figure the new designers are coming from a closing store and since I may have kits from them I am trying to figure out my "gameplan".

5. Gerli

Gerli Member

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Gerli! I recognize you! :) Glad to see you over here!

Good question, Debbie. I'm not sure when the big announcement is coming, but I know even if you have a certain designer's products already, those specific ones might not be added to the store (yet), so that's also something to consider. Since the rule is about current product, it would need to be in the TLP store by MOC's end to count towards the 75%.

7. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Good point Lorry - that is a bummer since this time of the year is a little tough to buy scrapbook kits. I guess I need to look through store and see if anything jumps at me that I can use for photos that I know I have or will be taking.

Joan K likes this.
  8. Gerli

Gerli Member

Hi Lorry - Nice to meet you Again. I see a lot of familiar faces here :)

9. jenevang

10. jenevang

And, let me add to my original "getting ready" post above...

You do not have to complete all of the challenges for the month to be a great success and great fun! Even if you scrap 10 pages in January, that's alot! If you scrap 5 when you normally don't, that's a WIN. It's fun and not meant to be stressful. And getting to know people is a big part of the month. ENJOY.

crazsquaw likes this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just also wanted to point out the December deal days. If you find something you think you can totally use in many situations, check out the Deal days to see if it might go on a "sale" before the end of the year! :) TLP Collabs, and any of the "main kits" from the subscriptions are a bit pricey for one, but can be used sooooo many times because they are a bit larger and are meant to appeal to many different types of scrappers. I myself subscribe to M3 and Storyteller, and both of those options are both able to be scrapped in pocket style or traditional, not just artsy/art journaly... So, those may be worth the larger purchase! There's something for everyone :D

Also, if you "stalk" any of the designers' blogs or facebooks, sometimes you can find additional freebies that way! Amber Labau, Sahlin Studio, Pink Reptile Design and Little Butterfly Wings (at the very least these four) have template/blog freebies. And Just Jaimee is having a huge Freebie Archive going on right now, too. You may need to be a newsletter subscriber to get to those. Some of Jaimee's freebies are her small pieces of the store collabs, so those would count. just some options!

crazsquaw likes this.
  12. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone! Just a quick question. As the some of the designers move over here, can we use kits that they bring to the Lily Pad - active in the store - that we purchased at Scrap Orchard? It may not come up for me, but I thought I would check just in case. (I have plenty of Lily Pad kits too!) Thanks in advance! Tammy

mrs2a50 likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

If it is in the store, then I think it should be okay, and again welcome to the Pad, and I love that you have some designers from SO gonna be here too..that makes me happy too!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  15. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

HI, welcome to the Pad. You are welcome to use any kit that is live in the store during MOC, even if you previously purchased it at SO. :)

16. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i just saw this post...i am so looking forward to MOC... i have done it the last few years and wow i have learned a lot and gotten a lot of pages done, some to finish off this year, some for the new year and some for my heritage project... it isnt has hard as its sounds to do one a day..or skip and then do a few over the weekend..welcome to all the newcomers and look forward to seeing everyone once we are doing our MOC

17. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I'm gonna try again this year! :fairydance

18. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I am going to love it here! I am going to give this MOC four a try! Like you said even if I only get 10 layouts done - I am way ahead!!!

lorryfach, mrs2a50 and lmccandless like this.
  19. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

@tlcd1961 Glad to hear you're going to play along! I think you'll find that once you start, you'll be inspired to finish them all! :)

20. dagi

dagi Aiming high

well, I guess I might at least try, right?! :)

I only have one question (sorry if it's been already asked). is it ok to use outside templates along with TLP designers' kits? would that count?