MOC 11 - A brief glimpse

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Nov 30, 2022.

1. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

I’ve missed the two latest MOC’s and was bummed about it… I registered each time, in hopes of it stirring up my scrapping mojo. And I’m always inspired by each challenge and the amazing pages that come from them! I actually haven’t scrapped since around the time the pandemic started. I’ve had such a hard time finding my mojo and feeling like actually sitting down to do what I absolutely love: being creative scrapping. And that bums me out, it’s a vicious circle :( I haven’t stopped buying though LOL
    I love the theme of Coming Home, and the way you described it. So perfect!!
    Also, THANK YOU for the rule about using retired items as long as designer is still at TLP! I am registered and hoping I can find my Getty-up for scrapping!!!

ninigoesdigi and Sara like this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

My dear friend!! Love you, sista! ❤️

3. londoncuppa

Missed you, Cheryl!! Sending you big hugs. Love you! :happyhug :beat

Sara and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I love how MOC kick starts my year after the crazy holiday time!

Sara and cfile like this.
  5. MGDesigns

MGDesigns New Member

I'm loving this. Will it work for those of us who are exclusively pocket scrappers?

Sara likes this.
  6. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I'm registered! It always works so well for us Aussies when January is a generally a month long holiday from the busyness of life (our Summer). But now I'm living overseas, January 20th is my graduation day from language school where I need to have memorised and give my life story in the local language (after just 4 months of language school)! After that I'll have a break, so hopefully if I miss some days I can catch up after the 20th. I loved the MOCs I've done before, some of those pages are my favourite ever. Excited to be back.

Smwhite and Sara like this.
  7. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

Look forward to different kind of challenges! The only thing I'm unsure about is the prize itself - I liked how it is guaranteed we'll get $20 if we complete all the challenges. Now we might not get a prize even if we complete all challenges - I dunno if I'd be motivated to complete all challenges this time.

flowersgal, Pachimac and Sara like this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. I look forward to that 20.00 all year!! LOL

9. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome! As long as your page complies with the guidelines of the challenge, you're welcome to scrap in whatever style you wish. Having said that, some of the challenges may not translate into a pocket page. You will need to read each day's challenge and determine whether or not a pocket page will work.

I'm excited to see if you can accomplish this!

Sara likes this.
  10. mrs2a50

We understand that the possibility of not winning a prize may change the event for some of our community members. But it is our sincere hope that the "prize" at the end of the event will ultimately be a renewed love of this hobby, this community and creating in general. Many of us are seeking inspiration in multiple aspects of our lives right now, and this is our way of trying to redirect our focus back toward something that has been missing for too long :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

So looking forward to trying this "new" MOC format, hopefully I'll be able to complete more and not feel the pressure of having to complete all the challenges to get a physical reward (outside of completing pages and enjoying the hobby)

Sara, A-M and mrs2a50 like this.
  12. londoncuppa

I know some people are unsure of their motivation to complete MOC if there is no guarantee of a gift certificate, but I really hope that isn’t a deterrent for you.

I may be an oddball here, but the GC has never been my motivation. MOC is a special time for our Pad family to come together and cheer each other on.

We have such an incredible community here, and I hope this time to learn something new, be together, and end the month with layouts that might not ever have been made will compensate for whatever loss you might be feeling.

Love you guys! :grouphug:heartslub

KimJ, Becca Bonneville, Sara and 5 others like this.
  13. Bellisae

Bellisae Run kids, it's the paparazzi!

Sounds exciting! Can't wait! :fairydance

Sara likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The GC was a strong motivator for me in my first MOC, 2016, when I was a TLP newbie and had only old products from designers who had been at previous stores I frequented. But every year the GC has been less and less important because I just love scrapping and love the people at TLP. :love Besides, there are many other ways to get discounts and free products by participating in the many events throughout the year.

Karen, KimJ, tjscraps and 5 others like this.
  15. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I registered, but know that I will not complete this MOC, because we will be on a vacation to Antarctica for the second half of January. (No one needs to be sad that I can't complete MOC :lol) Good luck to all who do complete the entire set of challenges! Maybe next year for me!:funfun
    I am looking forward to doing some of the early challenges. MOC is always a good kickstart to my mojo - I love looking back at many of these layouts, in the several books that I had printed.

myka, Sara, KimJ and 3 others like this.
  16. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

I love the new concept of MOC ... and I'm super happy that it didn't end after year 10 - woohoo! Can't wait to get scrapping - it might be challenging as we are moving internationally in January as well, but I just see that as an added challenge :yippee

cfile, Sara and KimJ like this.
  17. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

I haven't scrapped in what feels like forever. I plan to participate. I LOVE this new refreshing take on things. THANK YOU!

Sara and mrs2a50 like this.
  18. mrs2a50

Please don't think that TLP is in any danger or is struggling! While we always hate to see designers leave, movement among stores is just a part of the industry, and we wish them the best in their new homes! The rules really aren't that different this year; there will still be guidelines to follow. We just want to allow for more flexibility with how your finished pages turn out! And finally, we opted to restructure the prizes so we're not so dependent on an outside person to generate the end GCs. We understand that this has caused some friction in years past, and we want to make the entire MOC experience more positive for everyone.

So overall, we hope that the MOC refresh is a good thing for everyone! :circles

(Plus, we might just have a few surprises up our sleeves for MOC that haven't been revealed yet ... :yippee

19. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i am very sorry. i didn't like alll the negative talk

20. mrs2a50

No apologies! I just wanted to be sure everyone understood our motivation for the changes :)

bonnenuit, Sara and Cath_ like this.