MOC 11 - A brief glimpse

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Nov 30, 2022.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

2023 marks year 11 of MOC. We are taking this opportunity to reflect and refresh, and invite you to participate in MOC11: Coming Home.

The heartsong of this year's month of challenges is a returning to the roots of art and story - the foundation of The Lilypad: diverse designs and community, fellowship and friendship, shelter and welcome, people and things that uplift and edify and nourish us. That is really: Home. We are going to infuse this event with what we love about this hobby and the Lilypad. We hope this inspires each of you to come home to what brought you here.

This is especially important after years of what has felt like the entire world, and certainly, this community, going through it. It has been hard. There has been a falling away from art and story for many of us and for the world, really. The home of our creative hearts is calling us and we are going to be Coming Home.

What this looks like:

Challenges: As always, there will be 31 challenges, a new one every day in the month of January. The Pollys have been inspired to create challenges in personal ways, infused with what they love most about this hobby so that their personal heart songs for memory keeping shine through. You’ll see a variety of challenges rooted in the written word, art journaling, product and design plays, photo compositions. You will complete the challenges in the same way, using the medium and approach that is home for YOU. Laura wants this to be a reflection of your coming home. Let yourself focus on what is meaningful and impactful to you and what makes this hobby home for you. It will be less formulaic. More organic. It will be less about how many buttons are on your page, and more about how much of your heart is on the page. It will be more about letting the challenges inspire you to find your own home in art and story. You will play and learn and grow, and you will still be challenged and you will still learn something new. All the while still feeling like you are also infusing "I'm coming home" into your pages and projects.

Prize packages: There will be daily prizes; every challenge will have a single $20 gift certificate winner. We will also award tiered prize packages to a subset of participants, selected from those who have completed all 31 challenges, in lieu of completion gift certificates. The prize packages will vary in monetary value and theme. All prizes will be distributed randomly, not by vote or favorites or anything value-based. Until we get closer to the start of Coming Home, we will not be announcing what the prizes are specifically but rest assured, you’ll be excited about them.

We will provide additional details and guidance as we get closer to January; in the meantime, we are excited to welcome you home!

You can register here: MOC registration.

MOCcominghome2forum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2022
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Love it! Can’t wait for January!

elseepe and Sara like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I :beat:heartlub:loveLOVE:love:heartlub:beat this. The only thing I disliked about MOC were the times I was messaged, telling me I shouldn't have done something or should have done something differently. I'm generally a conforming rule follower, but the things I had to change on my MOC pages were because I did something extra on my page, so I figured it would be ok, but I was wrong.

Thank you for sharing more details so soon! I'm as excited as ever. I actually feel like I have been scrapping more for artistic reasons (and story has always been important to me) so I'm looking forward to some very interesting challenges and honing my artsy skills.

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i love this theme, and to me lilypad is home

RebeccaH, weaselwatchr, Karen and 2 others like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is so exciting!! I can't wait for January!!

elseepe and Sara like this.
  6. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Although I do admit in the past I was frustrated by challenges I didn't know how to complete or didn't complete corrrectly, the Pollys have always been so so helpful and kind. That is what made it really special...pollys are special! I am very excited for this year!

Lisa B, Karen, elseepe and 1 other person like this.
  7. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I'm so excited for this MOC.

Sara likes this.
  8. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I am super excited! I love the idea of returning to what we love about this art, this place and ourselves.

Cath_ likes this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

so excited ... Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 06.34.16.png

Lisa B, ninigoesdigi, katell and 8 others like this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

11. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Oh my goodness...reading this makes my heart so happy. I have been away from here for far too long and have been thinking of MOC and feeling a drawing back to my digital scrapbooking home. This is exactly what my heart is desiring...a return to home. I cannot wait to get involved and participate in these challenges and this community again.

So much love!!! :heartslub

RebeccaH, Lisa B, scribler and 6 others like this.
  12. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Yay! I’m so happy there will be a MOC in January, it gives that dull month a shimmer! Thanks for organizing it once again and I love the new take on it! :bk

Lisa B, Sara and Karen like this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

YAY So excited for January!!!

Lisa B and Sara like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

:happydance2:happydance2:beatSuper excited for this!!!

Sara likes this.
  15. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Great!!!

Sara likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Sounds so exciting!

Sara likes this.
  17. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for this MOC :yesss

Sara likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yahoo! I'm so glad you posted this Julie so everyone else can get as excited as I am. I love the changes that are being made, while still keeping the excitement of a daily challenge to make January fun. I love that everyone will have more freedom to complete the challenges in their own interpretation too! I didn't think MOC could get better and then it did. :heartlub

RebeccaH, Lisa B, crazsquaw and 5 others like this.
  19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Sounds like fun, especially since I have been away for a few months. Maybe this will help getting my motivation back. :funfun

Karen, Sara and Becca Bonneville like this.
  20. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

This sounds amazing. Maybe it is the kick in the pants I need to get creative again!! I have been gone far too long and miss this place...it's Home to me!!

Sara, Cath_, cfile and 1 other person like this.