May Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'May 2023 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Apr 26, 2023.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello & Happy May! I love this time of year in my part of the world. It is springtime, things are bursting with color, the days are getting longer and these things lift my mood! I enjoy getting outside and exploring my little world to see what is going on and I love documenting the things around me. So for the photography challenge this month, I want you to take a photo walk.

Take a walk where ever you like - this can be around the inside of your home, your yard, your neighborhood, village, town, or city. It can be inside a local market, a shopping center, a local park, or though a nature center. Where ever you feel like exploring will be great! While you are on your photo walk, take photos of what you see, what catches your interest, the little details and the larger overview. Take a variety of photos of different subjects and just capture the world around you on your walk. Then scrap at least 5 different photos on your layout. You can scrap more, but you should have at least five different photos on your page from your photo walk.

As a recap, your May photography challenge is to take a photo walk and then create a layout with at least 5 different photos from your photo walk.

I took my photo walk around my yard as I get ready to prepare for spring clean up and found so many things that caught my eye and I enjoyed capturing with my camera. Here is the layout I created with some of those photos:

photowalkspringweb.jpg

Credits: Forever Joy Greener Grass, Just Jaimee Storyteller BYOC March 2020, & Allison Pennington So Basic Spring Stitches

I hope you have fun on your photo walk and I can't wait to see the places you explore. Happy photographing & documenting!

Please Remember:
    Challenge layouts must contain 75% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store). BYOC challenge layouts must have 90% current BYOC product from the current month's BYOC.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad. The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

2. myka

myka Well-Known Member

A walk thru the Columbia Springs Fish Hatchery, Vancouver, WA. I took some photos of my back yard and they weren't that great, so I'm glad I was up in this area today for an appointment, I stopped by and had a walk thru...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    lcpereyra and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Happy May my dear! my kinda challenge, love it!! I'll be back with my page

lcpereyra likes this.
  4. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge

[​IMG]

5. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Thank you SO MUCH for NOT asking us to take photos of flowers, gardens or Spring! :agree Hee hee! I waited until a day I had a lot to accomplish! We walk a lot here, but just getting out of my gate was an adventure with so much to capture, due to the renovation of the little two room 'house' just inside our gate. From the vegetable man with his hand weights to the weird things you see on the streets here and the interesting ways people dry seeds and things! This was an awesome challenge for me! Thank you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    lcpereyra and tanteva like this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

All the photos are from my evening walk with my little doggie Pixie. She's such a little sniffer and you can't be in a hurry when you are out with her!
    [​IMG]

lcpereyra and Angela Toucan like this.
  9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It was a sunny day on polling day so I took my camera with me, and found some pretty things to photograph on route.
    [​IMG]

lcpereyra likes this.
  10. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for the challenge here's my page, full credits in gallery. Wonderful weekend!
    [​IMG]

Angela Toucan and Dady like this.
  11. Domi092

Domi092 Well-Known Member

12. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan likes this.
  13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

14. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

[​IMG]
    Both halves are posted separately in the gallery.

16. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

17. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

18. trinanne

trinanne Member

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set