May 2024 Hybrid Challenge

Discussion in 'Hybrid Challenges' started by mocamom, May 1, 2024.

1. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Happy May! Polly Robin here with this month’s Hybrid challenge! Here in the States, May is all about finals, graduations, job hunts, end-of-the-year activities. With all of these activities, sometimes people can feel a bit overwhelmed, and a little bit of encouragement goes a long way. So, for this month’s challenge, I’d like you to make an encouragement card. It can be as simple or complex as you want it to be, as long as it has TLP products in it.

I decided to make a card for my sister-in-law. My niece has been in the hospital and my SIL needs some loving. I saw the newest MPM collection, Dare, which had the most gorgeous butterflies (her favorite!), so I knew I needed to use this kit. I’m including a box of bath salts along with this card and a note telling her to take some time to relax and just breathe. So here’s my card:

[​IMG]

To make the card, I printed the solid blue background paper along with some butterflies. I know a lot of people like using cardstock for their mats, but I prefer to print mine using the papers in the kit. That way I don’t have to store excess paper, worry about running out of a certain color, or try to match up colors with cardstock and elements from my kit. I have an EcoTank printer so it’s pretty cheap to print one page for the entire card. What do you like to do??

Anyhooooo, back to the challenge Let me see your encouragement card. I’d love to get some new ideas myself as I feel like this is one type of card that we can ALWAYS use!

Please post your layout to the Hybrid gallery prior to Midnight EST May 31, 2024, and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a random winner at the beginning of next month with the prize being an MPM main kit (no add-ons) of your choice. Woo hoo!!!!

Remember, you can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, you just have to make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (Templates count as 15%). Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

I can’t wait to see what y’all create

frutselke, umyesh and Karen like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a gorgeous card Robin! I LOVE that blue color! I never thought about just printing the matte paper too, but that's actually brilliant because like you said, it'll match perfectly! This is a great challenge too! I can think of a couple people in my life right now who would love an encouragement card. Thanks for the idea!

3. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I love your card Robin, and I agree that butterfly is amazing! Bart says he is economical and just print a frame of the solid paper, just the size to matte the paper on top. That way you don’t have to worry about using too much ink :)
    upload_2024-5-3_16-52-29.png

mocamom likes this.
  4. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

I kissed the frog!

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  5. mocamom

Bart has great suggestions Anne-Sofie :P I like to add dimension so I usually put some foam tape behind my top layer, but a lot of people aren't weird like I am and can save even more by following his train of thought hehehehehehehehehehehe

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

AnjaDD and frutselke like this.
  8. mocamom

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks Robin!

10. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

My eldest is starting his final exams tomorrow. The next two weeks will be all about studying and focusing, which is hard enough for any student, but even more so on a neuro divergent one. So I created this hybrid card to wish him good luck. We say 'succes' in Dutch. And of course I will be getting him lots of fruit, healthy snacks and cups of tea.

[​IMG]

11. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog