March ON...walk, run or just MOVE it with me!!-Accountability helps!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 2, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Fit
    get fit
    stay fit
    be fit
    I am one week totally in with KETO! I feel so flipping good! I got to walk last week! Spring is trying to force itself in and I am so happy about this!

Goals for week:
    1. Move it 3x this week
    2. Keep carbs low and greens HIGH
    3. water intake
    4. laugh as much as possible!
    So add your goals and lets GET a MARCH on!

julianz likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

YAY you're back at the Fitness Helm, Anne!! You always keep me motivated! I don't do Keto, but I'm walking again - as much as possible, so I'll pledge to make one more walk around the block - 3x instead of 2. I go up and down our 2 flights of stairs as much as possible, too. Every trip, I look at as "forced exercise". Wearing my activity tracker too, so it even reminds me when it's time to stand.

I always drink lots of water.

I LOVE to laugh!!

Let's DO this!!!

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I tripped over the sidewalk and got a concussion a week ago. So my goals for March are:

1) Rest and heal my brain
    2) Work back up to 10,000 steps a day by the end of the month
    3) Lose 5 pounds to reach my next goal by drinking lots of water and eating healthy
    4) Enjoy vacation next week

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

1. Stop eating in between meal snacks
    2. Dust off the exercise bike and cross trainer and use them

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Goals for the foreseeable future are mainly to do with healing rather than healthy eating and exercise cause while I’m dealing with vertigo not much is happening (we think between me and my doctor we’ve figured out the reason for part of the vertigo which is good though the unexplained part is the one I’d rather have answers for)

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

You know I need this right now! My goals are to:
    1. Hit the gym at least 3 times a week
    2. Keep working on healthier eating habits
    3. Be a better meal prepper!

Always laughing!!! We are having fun at work with step competitions even to the point of chasing each other around the room. I think the adults are crazier than the kids.

I cannot wait to be able to get outside and do more!!
    I started the C25K app on my phone using the treadmill at the gym, but I really want to try outdoors!!

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm going to join in here! I just re-signed up for WW, cause my eating was out of control, and their system works for me. I need to get back to my usual/comfortable weight, so 25 pounds have to go. Well, it did about 10 years ago. I need the parameters/flexibility to do well.

So, for this month my goals are:
    1. One BIG tea a day. No more than that.
    2. More fruits and veggies.
    3. Watch my portions.
    4. Count my points even when I don't want to, lol!

9. AnneofAlamo

So excited to see so many jumping in!
    well I am gonna need ALL y'all to keep me going! lol, but I am so happy you are keeping healthy!

Oh and that is the best part of healthy!

BEV??? oh my goodness! That made my heart scared!!!! yikes! Hope all heals great!

and you enjoy your vacation!

ooooooooh, for a minute I thought we were gonna have to do housework too...lol

that is a rough patch, dear friend. Prayers doctors figure it out...you can't do much of anything with that...yikes!

You gotta keep the kids on their toes! Crazy helps!

hot or iced? I may have a solution for both
    [​IMG] or[​IMG]

keep laughing!! check! woot

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

BEV!!!!!! Take care!!!

BevG likes this.
  11. jk703

Hahaha! The iced part looks good. It's the hot that gets me, cause I like to add milk! :) Hmmm, that is a great idea though... to make a huge thing of iced tea instead! Thanks, Anne!

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm here!!

I'm continuing on Noom (love it!) and working with a personal trainer three times a week. I had my first four week measurement update on Friday... down 8 lbs and 8 total inches, plus down 2.5% body fat! I'm feeling much better already... and loving that I'm gaining strength.

Goals this month are...

1. Working on mindful eating as we're eating out a lot lately with listing our house for sale and will eat out a lot during our upcoming spring break trip.
    2. Get my steps in on my non-gym days... I can be such a slug on those days!
    3. Eat more green foods... I've been staying within my calorie budget, but could be eating "better"

13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I do this about every other day. I have a huge mason jar that I use to make it in.

jk703 likes this.
  14. BevG

Just an update. I am feeling better every day after my concussion. I was just reading online about some studies and they think that good stuff you get from exercise helps the brain heal faster. So I am going to try a regular pace walk this afternoon with a buddy. So far I have only been strolling with the dog because that is how fast she goes. The buddy is in case I get dizzy from it and need someone to hang onto to get home.

For some bizarre reason, I lost 2 pounds last week sitting around doing nothing - probably lost my appetite? But I will take it as I have not weighed this amount in 6, 8, 10 years? I don't remember. New lows are always a plus...

15. jk703

I'm glad you're feeling better. Concussions are no joke!

I'm hanging in there. Tough weekend, but I weigh in on Thursday, so we will see. First week, down 3.5, I'll take it.

BevG likes this.
  16. BevG

Well, here we are a week later. Still strolling and trying to return to a normal level of activity. Not walking for exercise yet - makes me dizzy. Did most of a yoga class yesterday. Still resting my brain. Eating okay for the most part. Leaving on vacation tonight. Reached a new low this week, about .5 down from previous week. I'll take it.

17. AnneofAlamo

18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

19. Lime

Lime Active Member

Hi, Anne of Alamo! You look great! there is a cool app I’ve been using called Runkeeper. It’s free. And it’s good for walkers, LOL! So the name doesn’t scare you off.

It logs your mileage, your time, and your miles per hour, or something similar. PLUS it maps it. You have your little neighborhood and the little circle you walked all mapped out, including the cul de sac and your driveway.

20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I don't do keto, but my blood sugars are high, so I will commit with you to walk 3x around my block this week and drink water instead of so many Arnold Palmers!!