M3 Roll Call - Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mishou, Aug 21, 2014.

1. lissykay

lissykay Member

Hello! I have been going back and forth in my mind to subscribe. I finally decided, after a few weeks continually looking at the kits, to just jump in and go for it.

My name is Melissa but am known as lissykay in the forums and galleries. I live in Utah but am a native Texan (and miss home.) I have a teenage daughter and am married to Alan who I somehow convinced to leave Australia and live in the US. I also have 5 step daughters who live in New Zealand.

I have scrapped for so many years. I started when all you could get was Creative Memories product. That should tell you how old I am. I designed and taught paper craft classes for about 10 years. I have dabbled in digi for some time but didn't make the leap until I was on bed rest following a few spine operations. It seemed the best way to meet my creative cravings. I also am a template designer.

I love the mixed media look and finally want to focus my craft on blending the art journal/traditional scrap in my layouts. I simply refer to it as fusion scrap. I look forward to all the neat product available through this new program and getting to know all of you! I am new to The Lilypad but have loved the atmosphere thus far.

2. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Hi everyone!
    My name´s Carina but I go by my nickname cinna in all forums and galleries. I saw some familiar faces but I´m new here at The Lilypad.
    I love mixed media but haven´t done that much digital so this is my way to get a little more messy with my digital art!

I live in Sweden with my hubs and we´ve been married for 22 years. I´m 43, we have two kids aged 21 and 19, a cat and a dog. I work full time as a teacher for kids aged 8-10. I love scrapbooking and artsy stuff! Besides my digital stuff I do Project Life, ordinary scrapbooking, mixed media/art journaling, sewing and I also do paper scrapbook designs for a Swedish company.
    When I´m not in the craft room you will find me lost in a book or at the telly watching a movie or any of my fav shows.

Looking forward to get to know you! <3

3. peppapig

peppapig Member

Hi everyone
    I'm Jayne aka peppapig. I've been buying from the lilypad for years but never actually posted in the gallery or forum before.
    I live in the northwest of England and I've been creating digital art for about 7 yrs.
    Looking forward to getting now everyone and creating and posting my first page here :)

4. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

:wave You are perfect for M3 Carina!! So nice to see you here!

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I love to see the new faces here! Hello everyone!

6. JamWest1007

JamWest1007 New Member

Hi all! I am Jammie, 43. I live in central Nebraska with my husband of nearly 20 years. We have 2 boys, 16 & 19 (Yup, do the math. LOL) We also have a host of furry and feathered friends. At the moment we are outnumbered 5 to 1, but that could change at any time. ;-) I have been scrapbooking since HS, and found digital about 8 years ago. I have always loved the Art Journaling and Mixed Media work that I see, but I'm more of a minimalist, and the thought of making my own has scared the bejeezus out of me. My youngest has recently received an overwhelming and scary medical diagnosis. I realized I needed a more emotional and expressive outlet than my minimalist style of scrapbooking. So, here I am. I am jumping in with both feet. Life is messy. I am hoping to find a healthy way to express that.

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It's great to see so many new faces! Welcome to M3 and The Lilypad! We are very glad to have you here...make yourselves at home. :)

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I'm so amazed with the new faces!!!! (and your pages!!!!!!)
    sorry it took so long for me to come here.....I don't want to bore the ones who have heard/read it all before so I'll try be as brief as I can (which is never too brief as I'm a latina through & through LOL)
    I'm Cynthia - Brazilian living in London, England for over 20 years now-
    I have a daughter who turned 18 in February and finished college with honors and triple distinction on Musical Theatre, she is now preparing for auditioning to Universities see if she gets a scholarship-
    I have lots of health conditions after a hip replacement gone wrong in 2003 and 4 operations that failed to fix the initial problem,which make me almost bed bound, I need to arrange medication in advance if I know I have to go out shopping or to the bank, scrapping started as a fun thing, turned into a pain relief therapy, then into an addiction- Not looking for a cure though!!!!
    I do have some concentration problems because of the amount of medication I'm in, so if I seem a bit disconnected, isnt lack of interest, just it takes longer to process information and at the moment I have a lot on as I just had an operation 2 weeks ago and we are preparing to travel to South America in a month!!!
    LOVE the LIlypad & I'm thrilled with M3, love seeing amazing pages from all of you, delighted to see so many new faces <3
    [​IMG]

9. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

Hi everyone! I am Erika aka as DoodleBop! Don't ask me how I got the name, but I promise it wasn't the cartoon...lol. I am mom to 2 amazing boys. My oldest just turned 13. Fun times. My youngest is 7 and is developmentally delayed. He also was just recently tested again for Autism. *sigh* My life is very hectic, but I love every single minute. I am a stay at home Mom which I love. I have been really sick this past year so I have had to put my scrapping on hold. I have really missed it. Now, I am ready to start scrapping again, but I am a person with a lot of emotions and I like to journal, too, so I really want to try M3. Aside from all of that I live in North Carolina which I love because it is where my heart is. :) My other hobby is reading. I mean it was my first love...hehe. Not that I am cheating on scrapping or anything. ;) I am really excited to be here and seeing so many familiar faces makes me feel good. Also, I really loved reading all of your intros.

P.S. Hey Cynthia...Look I got to post my intro under you!!! :heartslub

10. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

hey y'all - I'm Nettie. Blessed with my sweetheart of a man in nearly 15y of marriage; one smarty pants, growing like a weed, sports nut of a 7yo son; and his sisters, two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels we recently adopted. Coffee must happen in my day, and chocolate, well what day is not improved by a little chocolate? Joined M3 because I want to stretch myself scrapping wise - and go for a bit more "me" perhaps in the pages - and for all the Gorgeous Paint and Goodness in the kits - whoo!

You can find me at flickr , on pinterest with my coffee, or on instagram here. Blog is here, but needs a more frequent posts pattern than once in a blue moon.

11. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Hi everyone~ I'm Susan aka thimbleberrie around digi land. I live in Northern California with a sweet guy. Three mostly grown kids ages 24, 21 and soon to be 19 year old. The most recent family member is a hamster brought home last night by the youngest. We have a dog and two cats. I love mixed media/art journaling along with sewing and general paper crafting. This year working on Life Book 2015 along with Documented Life 2015. I've been buying from the lilypad since stumbling into digital AJ several years ago.

I am loving the mixed media monthly kits being released at TLP. It's also super nice to see so many familiar faces. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and participating in more challenges.

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Welcome all! Lilypad is the best in digiland! hands down.

13. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

Hi everyone! Y'all sucked me into the world of M3 with the awesome travel inspired goodies this month. I figured I'd dive in and see what all this is about. :-)

I can't wait to get to know the world of M3.

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

YAY!!! So excited to have some new subscribers joining us in the fun!

15. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

If you put travel themed anything out there...it will suck me in. ;-)

16. heathergw

Jen, I'm the same way! I can see myself doing at least a dozen pages with this month's subscription!

17. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I'm a bit new to TLP :) I also write descriptions for products for another sb site. That comes easy to me since I have to gift of gab :) Was a paper scrapper F-O-R-E-V-E-R and even wrote 2 books for Memory Makers. In 2008/9 I took a sabatical due to a nasty divorce. Hey - no Debbie Downers here! I remarried in 2010 and he had custody of his 2 boys so now I had 2 more little lambs to scrap for and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. So, I looked into learning how to digi scrap because of speed - and WHAM I was hooked sistah! I'm so in that I have even given away a majority of my stuff. :) Love this place and seriously love M3 :) Hollah!

18. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Hi, I'm Cindy. I've been a digiscrapper for almost nine years. Before that I was a paper scrapper for another nine years. I've been doing digi art journaling for two years. I've been eyeing these kits since the subscription started and finally couldn't resist any longer.

I live in South Florida with my awesome dh, two wonderful dogs, a cat that acts like a dog and a sweet little lovebird. I'm a huge tech geek. My first computer was a Commodore 64 and my next was an Apple IIc. My current tech includes a Macbook Pro, an iPad, a Nexus 7 and a OnePlus One (Android Smartphone). Other interest include photography (Canon XS), Japanese Anime and I am definitely a Whovian (although my husband calls me a Newvian cause I've only been into The Doctor since Christopher Eccleston and he goes all the way back to the fourth doctor). My musical tastes vary from George Strait to Christina Perri to Imagine Dragons.

Just downloaded my first kit today and I can't wait to play.

19. heathergw

welcome welcome!!! So excited to see some newbies in here!

20. SissySparrows_Jules

SissySparrows_Jules New Member

Hello everyone... Jules here!

Don and I've been so excited about participating in the M3 for December and January! It's an awesome way to grab some bits and bobs to get your mixed media needs covered!

:stash