M3 Roll Call - Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mishou, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

Hi scrappers! I'm Jenna and I am a busy mom of five littles. My two oldest started back at school today, including one I homeschooled last year... and my 3yo is off to preK in the mornings. I have been so overwhelmed this summer that I left Lynne-Marie's creative team JUST BEFORE M3 was announced. Aren't I the idiot?!!? ;) Oh well, I bought all the goodies and I am anxious to scrap with them. I LOVE the look of art journaling, messy paint, splatters, doodles, etc. but I don't always feel confident "letting go", so to speak. I am hoping this AMAZING new series helps me do just that!!

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG.... the week before school starts is always crazy in our house, but I finally made it here! Woot woot!!! So, excited about this!!!!!! I am Dalis (short for Alidalis). I am originally from Puerto Rico and moved to the states 17 years ago! I am starting a teacher assistant job tomorrow and I have a second grade hockey princess.

3. jsiperko

jsiperko New Member

Hi!
    I'm Jackie from Pennsylvania. I have been scrapbooking for about 15 yrs. I haven't for a couple of years now and am getting back into it. My youngest is 14 and homeschooled and oldest in the Navy :)

4. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Hi, everyone! My name is Katherine and I live in northeastern Indiana with hubby of 28 years (29 years in December, we've been together for nearly 32 years). We have three grown children: S30, D24, and D20. We also have three grandchildren all from our son: GD9, GS6, and GD4 and one very territorial rescue named Baxter Baylee who thoroughly believes he is a lion and not a domestic cat. ;)

I started paper scrapbooking about 12 years ago, and went digital purely by "accident" sometime around 2008, I think. I still work in a hybrid format although I haven't done anything hybrid in a few months, my printer has had issues with printing color correctly and I haven't been able to overcome it. Hoping that I can get that resolved before too much longer, I've got a hybrid journal I started and haven't been able to do anything with it since my printer went on the fritz.

I am over the moon excited about this whole mixed media monthly and am anxious to get my goodies unzipped and start working with 'em (they're almost done downloading!). :) :)

ETA: All of my social networking links are in my signature. Feel free to add me. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. KarenT72

KarenT72 Member

Hello everyone,

New to TLP and new to M3. Felt like I wanted to try something new so I subscribed. I am a single mom of 2. 18 year old son and 13 year old daughter. They keep me busy and I love that. After losing my mom this past year I really realized just how important memory keeping is. My kids don't get it yet but I do and I am making every effort to do just that. I am very excited to try my hand at the M3 art journaling!! May have lots of questions but I am going to give it 100%.

6. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

Hi! I'm Keely. I live in Austin, TX with my two girls, 16 and 11, my husband of 21 years and my dog. They're pretty cool, they keep me on my toes. I like to do a lot ( reading, crochet, crafting...), dislike doing a lot ( ya' know cooking and cleaning, so much chauffeuring blech ), there aren't enough hours in the day.

I started out as a paper scrapper but converted long, long ago and have been digital scrapping for over a decade. My style is fairly eclectic, whatever my mood is, I run with it. I really enjoy art journaling but for some reason I find I don't do it enough. I think this is the perfect opportunity ( excuse? ) to give me a kick in the butt to get that art journaling into my albums more.

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I'm Anne, and was drafted, forced to create in the M3! I tell you my life is HAARD!
    lol, I love scrapping.
    I am a mom to 7 children thru foster to adopt, Boys, 18, 16, 9, 7 and 6 and identical twin girls 15. I home school the girls and my youngest boy at this moment, but everything changes daily! I just keep the toilets clean, toss food at my boys and money at my girls (it seems) and we all stay happy!
    I scrap 100s of pages a year, love to just make page after page...sometimes 1 to 5 in a day! My puter is in the middle of the house and I can bark out orders to everyone!
    Learning new techniques or tricks to make things easier are my favorite things!

8. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Hello everyone... I'm Li Li, single no kids... live in Malaysia where it's HOT!! HOT!! HOT EVERYDAY!!!! I started digital scrapping late 2010. Being an introvert, digital scrapping is something that I do to express myself.. I create many styles from the messy pages to art journalling. I am a photoshop addict - love to learn new tricks and techniques to make my pages look more realistic..

Tempted to get myself into hybrid pages by end of this year, want to get my hands dirty with glues, paints ...... Oh!! I enjoy teaching.. so don't be shy if you have any question on how to do certain things for your pages... I will be glad to assist!!

9. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Hi, I'm Lisa (elseepe). I'm a Florida gal at heart, but I've lived in Arizona for more than twenty years now and I'm really starting to wonder how I can survive this heat year after year. But, I really don't like cold. I'm married with one grown daughter who has recently graduated college and is living at home for the next year. And now we are a household with three cats (we adopted two kittens this month). I started scrapbooking what seems like ages ago, but discovered/fell in love with digi in 2009. I'm here partly because I'm in love with these designers and have become so drawn in to all the hand drawn/painted/doodled designs that I can't stop buying them, so I figured I should get some tips, inspiration, and a kick in the patooty to use them.

10. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Hi everyone !
    I'm Sandrine but usually go by pheeebzzz online, at least in the digital scrapbooking world :)
    I'm still a SAHM of 4 (15, 12, 9 and almost 3 yo) for a couple of months, before going back to work in an internet cafe.
    I started scrapbooking before I even knew what it was and that it had a name, switched to digital shortly after the birth of my daughter (the only daughter and third child) and never looked back. I started art / creative journaling around the same time and after taking a break from the messy supplies for the last three years, I've begun to get my hands dirty again and it feel good :)
    M3 seemed the next logical + emotional step for me so here I am :)
    I can't wait to get to play with the amazing products from my favourite designers :)

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Hi every one I am Vivi (Nemla) in the forum . Love scrapping , card making and most crafts in general.
    Live in Malta (the Mediterranean one , not the town in the states) have a hubby and 2 dogs and live in a house full of books. I use the CraftArtist software mostly but also use photoshop, and I love learning new things.

12. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

Hi everyone, I'm Amber! I go by southernmother or Amber in most all digi forums. I'm a work at home mom from Arkansas, married to my best friend, Les and we are parents to three kids, Serenity (13), Sawyer (11), and Spencer (almost 8). I've got 9 fur babies too! 3 full blooded German Shepherds named Max (2.5 yrs), Rex, and Bailey (both 6 months) and 6 cats named Bear, Elvis, Yoda, Mojo, Sugar and Cheesy.

I've been digiscrapping for over 7 years and I make templates, I am the owner/designer of Southern Serenity Designs. I'm really looking forward to trying to step out of my little box of scrapping style and seeing if I can let myself open up and be messy and artsy! That is a goal I have set for myself with this subscription. It's a little scary. I have only ever done a couple of pages like that, and it was an uncomfortable process.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  13. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm Violet, and this is my first time participating in the Lilypad forums. I came to digital scrapbooking by way of Project Life. I've had a chronic illness for the last decade, and back in 2010 I came across the idea of Project Life (the paper version) and decided to try using it as a photo a day project, to show myself that even though I was sick (and at that time frequently confined to bed for days at a time) my life still had significance and I still lived each and every day.

I then decided to try doing my 2011 album digitally (those giant 12x12 year-long albums are unwieldy!) and that eventually led me to the magical, marvelous world of digital scrapbooking. I now dabble in design making freebies for the Pixel Scrapper blog trains, and have been intrigued by digital art journaling for a while now though I've only made a few pages so far in that style. Someone else here mentioned she has a health condition that makes digital art journaling great because there's no need to clean up artsy mess, and I am in total agreement! I also really like to be *real* in my memory-keeping - the good and the bad, celebration and introspection - and art journaling seems like a perfect fit.

I'm currently in graduate school and practicum for counseling psychology so I have a lot less time than I used to, and I've found myself hoarding and pinning a lot more than I scrap. So when I saw that Just Jaimee, one of my absolute favorite designers (especially her CU stuff, she's one of the very best!) was doing this gorgeous art journal collab subscription with three other talented designers, supported here with a community and challenges, I decided to join up as a way to hopefully jump start my creativity and productivity again. So far, so good - the page I made for M3 challenge #1 was the first I've made in months!

If you like, you can find my blog and all of those freebies I mentioned here: http://eversoscrumptiously.wordpress.com/ The username "scrumptious" comes from my first incarnation as a vegan, gluten-free food blogger. :) And since we seem to be sharing our computer platform allegiances, I am an Apple girl through and through, and my boyfriend is even more hard-core, so I get all his awesome hand-me-downs.

Very excited to be here with all of you!

14. karbolik

karbolik Well-Known Member

Hi all. I'm Kavel. And I'm originally from Turkey/Istanbul but we live in Kazakhstan/Almaty for 8 months. Before Almaty we were in Azerbaijan/Baku for 3 years. And I really don't know where we will be next. I'm 37 and married for 4 years with the most intelligent man I ever met. and I'm working full time as a mother of a 2 years old mischief maker boy. I was working as a copywriter at advertising agencies before. but my new boss does not let me to work for another company except him. actually before the wedding I quit my job and moved to Baku. A couple of years till my son gave birth I worked freelance copywriter and translator for a technology mag. After the baby, it was really hard for me to find free time to do anything. :/

I'm addicted to technology and computers. Right now I have a MacBook Pro. But I can use also PCs. Actually in our homeland and here we have about 5 computers. the only apple is mine. It's apple because I have to travel so much and the weight of the laptop means so much for me. To carry a laptop, a 2 years old child's stuffs, toys, bags, luggage, stroller and of course a child is really hard. so It is the lightest thing I ever seen (of course after my macbook air). And I have a brand new intuos pen & touch. it is my new toy and i did not find time to play with it yet. after my son began to kindergarden, I hope I will.
    Creating something is really a passion for me as you. and since I remember myself I create something. Cutting, sticking, drawing, writing... I never made any scrapbook in my life. actually I did not have any idea about it until 2 years ago. But I was always sticking to something about designing. so When I tried to find supplies for designing, I hit the scrapbook world. And I entered inside. At least one year I just made one layout. Because I was not sure about my ability to design. right now, I try to find more time to make design. At least I try to attend monthly challenges. This is the easiest way to catch a schedule and design something. And also I really love to take photograph. I have a Nikon D7000. but honestly I can say that it is not so much easy to carry as my iphone 5s. so lots of photos I used taken by iphone.

Actually I never love to explain myself. and that's why I just love to make pages about my little boy. and I'm here because I love to be here. to see your gorgeous works and designs are really great for me.

:)

15. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Hi! I am Diane. I live in the Seattle area of Washington state (you know, the OTHER Washington). I am 66 years old as of this summer so I have reached full retirement age. In celebration of that, I retired from teaching. I would normally be starting my 21st year of Kindergarten in 5 days but instead I get to STAY HOME and scrap!! I am doing a little tutoring in reading, however, because I absolutely love the teaching of reading.
    I have a husband of 46 years (my college sweetheart), two grown daughters (35 & 38), two wonderful sons-in-law, 2 grandchildren (6 yo boy, 4 yo girl) and the most mellow Cavalier King Charles spaniel.
    I have always loved crafting and took up digital scrapping as a challenge to keep my mind alert/vital. The scrapping part is easier than the computer part. I admire all of you that love technology and are comfortable with your computers -- I'm afraid of mine!
    I joined the Pixels & Co. Creative Team in January and LOVE it. I'm thinking about trying for another CT position as I've seen that so many people CT for multiple designers -- and I love SO MANY designers.
    That brings me to M3, I saw the ad for the subscription and the August collab and just HAD to join. But since I'm kind of a fearful gal at times, I prepaid for only 2 months. I've dabbled in Art Journaling but don't feel truly comfortable yet, so I'm hoping this will help.
    Some of my stats: PC, Windows 7, PSE 11, ACDSee 14, Canon 60D, flip phone (soon to be an iphone).

P.S. I need to get myself one of those cool signatures.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  16. Mindygail

Mindygail New Member

My name is Mindy Gail Mammen known as mindygail. I am 41 and am a sahm of two amazing kids. I am engaged to their father. Cody is my 13 (almost 14) year old Son, Kaili is my 9 year old Daughter. They are so sweet! My fiancé Glen is the best I love him. I have been making scrapbooks, mini books, art journals, and cards since Cody was born in 2000. I am excited to get to know everyone! Here are my two blogs:
    http://craftyeverafter.wordpress.com/
    http://www.keepcalmandscrapbookon.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for having me!
    Mindygail

17. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

Hello!!!
    I'm Chiara - from Milan, Italy
    I'm 36 years old, I *love* art journaling and scrap.
    I'm really excited - today I downloaded the main kit and add-ons and can't wait to start playing with them!
    I live with my partner, Marcello, and our cat, Rain.
    I'm addicted to serie tv. I really watch them all the time :) Lately my faves are The Leftovers, Manhattan and Switched at Birth :)
    I'm a fan of the TLP (and the month of challenge ^__^) and I'm so happy about this new adventure!

18. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

Hey everyone! I'm Juliette, 31 and living in a small suburb of Southampton (UK) with my husband and our cat. I started digital scrapbooking in mid-October last year and have been experimenting recently with hybrid projects and some mixed mess... media!

I am totally drawn to M3 because it's way beyond my usual digi-scrapping comfort zone; I can do clean and simple and I can do pockets but feel like Art Journalling and digital-mess are mostly outside of my experience. I hope the challenges and tutorials will keep me busy whilst I find my feet amongst all you talented people!

19. jode2771

jode2771 Just Call Me Dookie

Hi there (waving!)

Hi, my name is Jody but I am known as jode2771 online. I live in Adelaide, South Australia. My friends call me Jode, so feel free to do that :-)
    I am a single mum to 2 boys, Aidan aged 13 and Callan aged 10.

I am here as I love the 4 designers, I love the messy look and I want to expand my skills. And it was too good a bargain, and I am too much of a stickybeak (too nosey that means!) to not want to know what goes on behind the walls of this Forum each month hahaha...
    Looking forward to seeing what fun we can all have here!

20. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am bobbie ( bjc). i wanted to try my hand at being more creative, artsy and do more art journaling . i am usually up for challenging myself to learn something new...i think it keeps the brain young. i am a mother of 3 daughters, 3 son in laws and 4 grandsons ( 5 1/2 and starting kindergarten this week, 11 months, 6 months, and one that sadly was born still at 35 weeks) i have been married to my college sweetheart for over 42 years. i am retired as a special ed teacher and early childhood center director. i babysit for my grandsons 3 days a week. i always loved taking photos and putting them in albums. i began scrapping after i retired and took a photoshop class at the local comm college. i have just gotten back ( a day early cause my dear mother in law is in the hospital) from a vacation so i have not had any time to look thru or try my hand at using the august collection...