M3 November Gallery Love

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by nrjanitz, Nov 3, 2016.

1. nrjanitz

nrjanitz Well-Known Member

Hello beautiful art journalers and mixed media lovelies! I hope everyone is having a great fall wherever you are! In Michigan the temps have been unnaturally balmy for this time but you won't hear me complaining! ha ha!!

I wanted to share a few pages that really stood out to me from the gallery in their use of mixed media products as well as their unique composition or journaling.

My first pick is this stunning layout by @EllenT called Soul Sisters. I adore the movement of the piece and how she layered the paint brushes and all that beautiful color coming out of the camera and capturing a moment in time. I feel this could tell a story all on it's own, don't you?

TLP_M3_SoulSisters.jpg

Broken Wings, by @mimisgirl grabbed me right away. The use of negative space combined with the layers of paint and the muted color palette drew me in and I wanted to know her story! Love those wings!

broken-copy.jpg

Peculiar by @MrsPeel is another gallery favorite! I LOVED the art dolls from the last M3 collection and the way that the artist pulled all the elements together, layering pieces and color for the girls hair and the title "I am a Little Peculiar" made me smile a bit. This could be framed and hung on a wall! LOVE IT!

PeculiaR600.jpg

Lastly, I am by @klee73010 is a stunning example of the powerful way we can used digital mixed media elements when we art journal. To me this looks like it was painted right into an actual journal! The silhouette of the girl, the layers of paint, scribbles, and hand-drawn and hand-written elements just add to the reality of the piece. Great work!

aj201610Iamsmall.jpg

Okay, so I hoped you enjoyed my picks for November!? Now it's YOUR turn!

Pick one of your favorite pages from the past month in the Mixed Media Monthly gallery and tell us what makes it exceptional! And, if you have some time, please consider clicking on some of YOUR favorites and leave your fellow mixed media/art journalers some much appreciated LOVE!

Nancie

Attached Files:

Ga_L, klee73010 and MrsPeel like this.
  2. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

@nrjanitz Thanks so much for highlighting my page here Nancie. I think I still needs some improvement when it comes to Mixed Media, but that's what makes it so fun!

Lynne-Marie, MrsPeel and nrjanitz like this.
  3. nrjanitz

nrjanitz Well-Known Member

it was such a lovely page @EllenT no improvement necessary!! xo

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Nancie!!!!!! thank you so so much~!!!!!!! I feel honored!!!!! I love the M3, each and every time is like you guys know what I need to say, and make things I can't stop scrapping!!!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for this, you made my night (and day tomorrow!!!)

Ellen, really? c'mon girl, you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep seeing my jaw drop with every page you make!!!!
    we have so many amazing people around in this family.... I ll be bringing some pages tomorrow!!!!

EllenT, Lynne-Marie and nrjanitz like this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Thank you :beat
    Needed this today... :grouphug

Lynne-Marie and nrjanitz like this.
  6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Aww - thank you! It was a very emotional page for me - LOVE all your picks!!

Lynne-Marie likes this.
  7. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

Great picks and wonderful comments Nancie!

8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great picks !