Lynn Grieveson's August 2021 challenge

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by sharonb, Aug 2, 2021.

1. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Happy August! Thanks for joining us for another challenge using Lynn Grieveson's products. If you look at any of her kits, you will see some of the following in every kit: banner, paint/transfer, brown title/word art and postage stamps (just to name a few). For your layout lets see one or more of these items and don't hide them...lets show them off. Use several if you want. We would love to hear about your favorites and what you used.

For my layout- I used several transfers/paint, banner and postage stamp. I always like to use the banners. The two kits I used were Porto and Winds of Change.
    [​IMG]

To recap:
    1. Use some or all of the following in every kit: banner, paint/transfer and postage stamps (just to name a few). If there are other unique items from her kits you like, use those.
    2. Show them off on your layout and tell us why you used them

Rules:
    1. Please use 75% Lynn Grieveson Designs (including freebies, retired goodies and currently in store)
    2. Please upload to Lynn's Gallery at The Lilypad following The Lilypad's rules.
    and then add it into this thread too, so we can leave you some love and count your entry.
    3.You have from now until midnight on the 31st August 2021.
    If you have any questions or need to reach me please tag me @sharonb

Angela Toucan and flowersgal like this.
  2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used banner, paint and stamps plus a bird - I love Lynn's birds.
    [​IMG]

LynnG, trekmom, sharonb and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Tha nk you Sharon for this challenge, I used a lot of paint / transfer, postage stamps and brush birds, I love Lynn's brushes ❤️
    [​IMG]

LynnG, trekmom, sharonb and 1 other person like this.
  4. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

A stamp, a banner, a transfer/paint... all wonderful elements... so happy to have disovered Lynn's products

[​IMG]

5. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

[​IMG]

I used postage stamps and brushes/transfers.

LynnG, trekmom and Angela Toucan like this.
  6. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I love Lynn's kits and templates! I used a few in this page including a banner and paint.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  7. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Oh Gosh, what do I say?
    I am trying to move towards a cleaner style, but I don't seem to be successful because I love ALL of your elements.
    I have been waiting to use the Apple of My Eye kit and used a stamp, paint & flower, as well as all the stunning papers. Then I used the "Peaceful" wordart from Botanical Mix 2 because that is the way I felt when I looked up in the tree and saw the apples. I used a gradient on the wordart and had some purple in it so that took me to look for more purple/wine elements ad I found them in the strip of paper, banner and corner from Turning Around, along with some flowers and leaves from Madras, Sprout, Boho Branches...and I love your paints, especially this one from Apple of Your Eye. I may never succeed in my quest to adjust my style, but I LOVE this page.
    [​IMG]

LynnG and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have loved Lynn's banners since I first saw her work. I LOVE them, too and use them a LOT. I also used two of the postage stamps from the Botanical Mix Kit.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  9. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

I used paint transfers (just as they were and as a photomask - I really like to use them as a mask), some post stamps and titles.
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I used a banner and postage stamp. I also love Lynn's stitched down paper strips!
    [​IMG]

LynnG and trekmom like this.
  11. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I used banner, stamp, and transfer.

LynnG likes this.
  12. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

[​IMG]

Using mostly the retired "Lyon" kit, which sort of captures the spirit of this coastal town. I love the postage stamps and the transfers, which I used in various places, and all of the friendly little sayings they let me scatter throughout the LO.

I also just like the sayings Lynn chooses. I struggle with "best ever" kinds of sayings. I don't go in for hyperbole. "This was a magnificent moment" rings a better chord for me.

LynnG likes this.
  13. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I used quite a few paints, word art, a stamp and more. I'm smitten with her art.
    August Lynn Grieveson Challenge 2021.jpg

LynnG likes this.
  14. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I love these layouts. Banners are my favorites!

LynnG likes this.
  15. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member

My favorite elements in Lynn's kits are glass buttons and small postage stamps. I also love worn photo frames.
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  16. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

I used paint splatters/overlays ( I love Lynn's paint elements so had to use them) and also postage stamps (I haven't really used these often so wanted to challenge myself)
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I used a banner, several paint/transfers, brown title/word art and a postage stamp. Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  18. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I used Paint/transfers, postage cards and a banner
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

While Sharon is dealing with the after-effects from Hurricane Ida, I'm stepping in and closing this challenge. Give me a bit to collect the participants' names and announce a winner.

And please watch this forum for another challenge sponsored by Lynn to be posted soon. :-)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    LynnG likes this.
  20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I hope Sharon and everyone else affected is safe and sound!

mcurtt and LynnG like this.