LuLaRoe

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Aug 27, 2017.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

We sold an enclosed motorcycle trailer online to a couple that lives near Chicago. They picked it up yesterday and Lisa had the cutest cardigan on - I told her how cute it was and she said it was part of the LuLaRoe line. So I've heard about LuLaRoe but that's it - I don't think it's big in my part of the world.

She gave me a pair of leggings (she's an independent consultant) - the pattern is really really funky, something I'd never (!) buy and they are a little large, but man (!) they are comfy! Now I'm intrigued by the other products they carry.

Do you own any LuLaRoe items? Do you love them? What would you recommend?

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Never heard of them but I bet I would love them. I'm a big fam of comfy clothes and love cardigans (have a big collection of sweater) and leggings/jeggings. I'm wearing pajama leggings right now :)

JillW likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ooh, i love comfy. but i don't own any ... isn't @klee73010 all over their stuff?

JillW likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I have waaaaay too many of their Tall and Curvy leggings. I am tall, but they are a bit big in the waist--I wish they had a "Really Tall but Not-as-Curvy" option, so I had a little extra length and a little smaller waist measurement. Unfortunately, I doubt there are that many truly tall women to make that size viable. :) Anyway, they're super fun, and the funky patterns are definitely a big part of that! At the Y, almost every mom wears them (I say "Mom" cuz we hang out at Family Gym time, so I know they've got kids). I currently own 2 Disney patterns (funky stripes with a graphic of Mickey's head shape in yellow and pink, and a Kermit pair). I bought a third pair in the same funky Mickey pattern in ther One Size but I couldn't get them over my rump. It was kind of weird cuz there was tons of extra space in the legs, but it's like the waist seam was really tight. I was hoping they'd still fit in the waist so they'd look like a cropped legging on my long legs. Oh well. It hurt my ego lol but I gave them to our babysitter, so I figure that built some goodwill for the next time we need her!

And I love the Tween size for my tall and skinny DD! I haven't bought anything except leggings, but my SIL, whose sister was a rep for awhile, has almost all the different shirt styles and some dresses. She loves them all. They're comfortable and cute, according to her.

JillW likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have an Amelie dress that I mostly like. The fabric of the dress stretches but the dye on it is so thick that it makes it a bit scratchy. Other prints seemed okay.

A caution -- check out print placement. The clothes are cut out of the fabric to use as little fabric as possible. So one-way prints are not cut all the same way (for example: sleeves may have the pattern upside down). May not matter, but then again it could. No attempt has been made to match at seams either - only a problem for stripes and obvious horizontal patterns. And lastly, if you are wearing leggings as pants with short tops, make sure there isn't a funky pattern in an awkward place (I have seen videos). I also tried on a dress that had a huge flower right on one boop - ah no. So just watch the patterns.

6. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I will say, some of the patterns I've seen are really "busy"!!!

berniek likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I really love some of the legging patterns and have heard pretty good things about them. I don't own anything because I honestly cannot justify spending that much on leggings. I can't wear them to work unless they're mostly covered by a dress and I wouldn't wear them in the summer. I just bought like 4 pair of super cute patterned leggings at WalMart for like $5 a piece and I'm happy with that. If something happens to them I can replace them cheaply and they are perfect for when I can wear them :) I do really like the cardigans though. I would spend the money on those because I'd wear them enough "out" to justify it. I'm a tight wad :giggle

JillW likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm with you Jan...I only have a couple pair of prints that I think came from Walmart. LLR may be soft but 2 pair could get me a 2T EHD so you know where my mind goes. If i ever found a pair of LLR where I adored the pattern, I might go for it. Otherwise, the other clothes they sell are not me.

JillW, IntenseMagic and patsyt like this.
  9. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

A friend of ours was a consultant so I saw a lot of pictures and chatter on FB. One of the issues I've seen mentioned regarding the leggings is that they tear very easily. I guess my mind would go on the same trip as Maureen's! Also, I still don't understand people wearing leggings and putting their kids in leggings (no matter how soft and comfortable) when they're in Florida and it's summer!

JillW likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I only own the leggings, Jill; own 2 pairs, and I bought some for each of my daughters (at the CK Scrapbook Convention of all places...go figure). I paid $25 per pair. Not bad at all IMHO. I LOVE THEM!!! They are super-duper soft and comfy. I found them to be sturdy (i.e. didn't have an issue with tearing, and I'm hard on leggings). If I could wear them 24/7, I would. I highly recommend them.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    klee73010 and JillW like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm probably the only one who owns LLR, but not leggings!
    I own 2 maxis. I love them. They are silky, and somehow both light {perfect for summer in Vegas} and heavy {they don't fly up in the wind}. I also have a t-shirt. I can't remember if it's perfect or classic. I like it because it's longer in the butt area. But it piles and shrank a little washing it per their instructions.

JillW likes this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm a LLR addict! While I have & love the leggings, my favorite styles are actually shirts tho! They are all longer in the back to cover up your lady bits! The Randy (a 3/4 length sleeve baseball type shirt) is my most favorite, followed by the Classic T and then the Irma (longer back, dolman type sleeves.) I have a duster-type sweater that is also one of my most favorite- thin enough for those weird cooler summer (and soon to be fall!) days! My daughter LOVES their leggings and their little girl dresses too!

JillW likes this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I do not own any. I'm not a leggings person.

14. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

I am with @amien1 LOVE em! But then I moved to Oregon from Thailand - so this last year I was in weather shock and needed to have light layers - because I am not used to cold mornings and warm days - or COLD at all, lol.

As for the tearing - some do, but others do not - it really varies. I have only had one pair tear, and then some that I wear all the time are holding up fine!

as for price - i tried the walmart ones (and a few other cheaper ones) and they just don't work for me - it really depends on if you can find clothes that fit you just right easily or not. I am pretty curvy - but with wide hips and a small waist - so I struggle to find bottoms that are comfy in both places. - tried one pair of these and it was perfect - so the rest is history - I like the shirts because they are longer than most other shirts- I have a long torso so just about everything ends up being a mid-riff shirt on me - and after three + kiddos that ain't gonna fly - but the LLR shirts are all longer and fit me well. - I LOVE the skirts - those are what I really like and have way too many of, lol, but they are pretty and comfy all in one - and that is what I wear to work.

londoncuppa, klee73010 and amien1 like this.
  15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Why yes, I do... I own a lot now. Our designer friend, @scarletsierra is one of my now favorite retailers of LLR! It would really depend on the style you typically wear, as to what you fall most in love with in LLR. I will be honest, my first item of LLR was the Randy Tee (Amie mentioned it), and from there I tried leggings and another top (the Irma). And then I spiraled out of control, bought a boat load of new clothes, and am now having fun mixing and matching my wild and crazy leggings, with my various other tops. I have tried (and mostly loved) most of the LLR styles. I have just a couple more on my wish list. :giggle

oh yes indeed! :giggle

I LOVE my Amelia dress. but HAHAHA i was seriously eyeing ALL the hot dog pants that came out for 4th of july/americana collection to make sure there were no hot dogs coming out of places they shouldn't. I didn't buy any though. :giggle

Perfect is flowy and has the slits on the side, classic is the "regular T shirt", more straight lined sides :)

Perfect Ts are my current favorite top... I want more of them!
    I want to get some of the dresses for my daughter... the price for kids' clothes though. I really struggle with it. We have *always* been a hand me down type family, and so I rarely actually buy clothes for my kids. We've been very lucky in that aspect. But my daughter LOVES "stretchy pants" so LLR leggings for her are perfect. I bought a few pairs used to try them out, and now I look for pairs that match mine for "mommy and me" sets because she loves to do that with me. She has 6 pairs of LLR now. I really want to get her a Mae and a Scarlett... Gracie would be cute, too. I just haven't been able to pay the prices for her clothes yet. And I haven't found a Sloan T i love for my son. I have looked. :giggle

okay... and now. Yes, as you can all see, I *adore* LLR. I'm currently on a no-spend because of how much LLR I bought in not a long amount of time. It is definitely pricey when you are not used to paying too much for clothes. (I usually go to the thrift stores on 50% off days... it is just not something we typically choose to spend our money on.) I didn't even like to wear leggings before LLR, which is why I didn't fall into them for so long. BUT... now I love them. I bet I didn't like them because they were all uncomfortable and horrible fabric. I enjoy the LLR ones. I do feel more self confident in my LLR, but I am really not sure why that is. maybe just all my old clothes were reaching that "drab" or "frumpy" stage. I'm not sure. I was also careful in the beginning to make sure something would match 3 other things I own. So I have a LOT of black/white/gray or other solid based lularoe tops, and then I mix them with all my crazy brights. I do some pattern mixing now, too...
    I have a thread in one of my most frequented lula groups of my "30 days of leggings" challenge... where I'm wearing a different pair each day through August - only missed two days so far. Because I am obsessed. :blush:blush:blush:blush:blush:blush:blush:drool

and here's my layout, documenting some of my fun pants! :beat :giggle

Sara, londoncuppa and amien1 like this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Totally agree about the pricing! I have one consultant who agrees & doesn't charge the full price & usually has free shipping deals so that makes it a little better. A lot of my daughter's stuff was gifts too- so somewhat justified! ;) BTW- My son totally rocked some captain america like star leggings under his soccer gear all last spring when it was cold! He also has a sloan shirt too- very boyish print! :D

Tree City and klee73010 like this.
  17. bestcee

Must be classic then. Because it has no slits. It does have the little scoop neck, and I like that better than a regular tshirt cut.

I forgot, I do have an Irma too. If you are looking at getting one, try it on and really look at it. I actually hate mine because it makes me look all frumpy and no shape. I was told I might actually need a smaller one, but I haven't tried that.

klee73010 likes this.
  18. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

if you can get into a consultant's space and try on and FEEL them, it is waaaaaaaaay better for deciding sizes, because the fabric makes a difference, too! I have an Irma I don't love because the fabric is just not comfortable for me. I loved Irma for awhile... I have several in multiple sizes, and it is a style that is supposed to be flattering on all body types. They can be quite toasty here in AZ though. I do not love that about them. I do like the bigger ones to tie the sleeves as a strapless top (or an Azure skirt as a strapless top), but I know some people don't prefer to wear strapless tops.

Sara likes this.
  19. bestcee

Funny part: I did try this one on at a consultants! I just don't think I left it on long enough! :giggle

klee73010 likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ditto. Remember, long, long ago when those big shapeless gathered skirts with huge shapeless shirts were in fashion? I looked like a bag lady. I struggled with the LLR clothes, they either made me look like a bag lady - or they were so tight they showed every bump I had. Sigh. Maybe I am just too old and frumpy...