Lost

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Li Li Wee, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I hope someone can help me out.. What is the difference between art journalling and mixed media pages and altered pages... ?

2. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Mixed media and altered pages are often used in art journaling, but art journaling can be as simple as pencil and paper.

Mixed media just means that you are using more than one type of medium or method...so you might have paper collage, paints, pastels, etc. Altered pages means you are taking something and altering it somehow, such as with distressing or paint.

Art journaling just means that you are journaling in an artistic fashion, like I said it can be as simple as pencil and paper (even just doodling the letters in your journaling counts as art journaling), but of course it can be extremely complex as well, using all sorts of different mediums and methods. I love that it can be whatever you want it to be.

Hopefully this makes sense and I'm explaining it correctly. I'm sure if I'm not someone who has a little more experience with this will correct me. :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. Li Li Wee

Ah!! now I clear about it!! so what is this? I-am-web.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Oh, gosh I'm hoping I haven't totally confused you. That would still be art journaling (and I think art journaling can still be called art journaling without the journaling since the art can tell a story as well). I'm thinking mixed media as well, since there is collage and drawing and lots of other stuff going on on the page. Hopefully Michelle or one of the other more seasoned art journalers will come on here and add their thoughts to this thread.

5. Li Li Wee

you are definately not confusing me !! Your described it all really well and with clarity.. thanks hun!!

6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

That is Persnickety Chick and she has a blog here. I perceive her art as digital collage which also falls into the art journal category. Ms. Amber is a friendly person online and I think you could ask her about her thoughts on her works.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012