Loopy phone case

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tjscraps, Apr 23, 2023.

1. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I'm considering buying a Loopy phone case. They're pricey, but I keep dropping my new phone (it's a larger size that I'm used to) and I want to protect it, and I like the loop option.

Does anyone have experience with them? Like/hate? I see I can get Lefty or Righty orientation - I'm right handed but most often hold my phone with my left hand so I can use my right to scroll ... so I'm not sure which orientation that would be?? Any ideas?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I had one for a long time! I loved it! They didn't carry them in my new phone size when I got my new phone so I switched but would totally get another when my phone is offered!

I think the left or right is which hand you hold. I hold with my left primarily too!

LoveItScrapIt and tjscraps like this.
  3. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I have had a loopy for years and I love it! I didn't realize they had a right or left option... I hold mostly with my right but I sometimes hold it with my left and it works that way too, at least for me! I usually use coupon code, it's not much but I can usually find a 10% off or something like that.

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I have no experience with Loopy cases but it sounds like they're worth the cost. Good luck!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have looked at getting one a few times and always wondered if they were worth the price. Keeping an eye on the responses :)

6. tjscraps

My mom and my sister love them, and have had several. They have different budgets than I do though lol (my sister has a much higher budget for discretionary stuff than I do - she talks about spending $500 the same way I would $50 lol)

bestcee likes this.
  7. tjscraps

Ooooh - thanks for mentioning the coupon code! I found one online for 15%, which would pay for the (very expensive...) shipping!

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Their site says this: Loopy is available in Righty (for those who hold their phones with their RIGHT hand), Lefty (for those who hold their phones with their LEFT hand), and, for select models, Ambidextrous (which allows for use with either hand). *Ambidextrous models are only available for older model Loopy's and select, (and usually) smaller phone models at this time.

I hadn't heard of them. But it looks cool.

tjscraps likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've often toyed with getting a case like this or using a pop socket to help hold my larger phone, but then right before I pull the trigger to buy one I remember that I wouldn't be able to use my magnetic charger then.

bestcee and tjscraps like this.
  10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I had to google this. I had never heard of it, lol! I'm all Loopy???? haha!

tjscraps likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have an Otterbox case with a built-in and exchangable Pop Socket. I have an SE (2020) iphone and I don't think it charges magnetically. Anyhow I like that it collapses nearly flat, so the phone slides into my pants/purse pocket w/o catching.

Karen and tjscraps like this.
  12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have used nothing but a Loopy for probably close to ten years (??)!! I honestly don't know how to function without one lol! I love being able to carry it by the loop when my hands are full.

tjscraps likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have a few loopy cases. I did love it when I used them.

tjscraps likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This has been the biggest case decider for me. I didn't know how much I would love the magnetic charger.

15. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I had a loopy case a couple of phones ago. I liked it, but the loop made it difficult to slide into my back pocket quickly, the loop caught on the edge of the pocket often.
    I don't have a wireless charger but use a magnetic holder for my phone in my car, and I am pretty sure it wouldn't work with a loopy case.

16. tjscraps

So I decided to bite the bullet and got one! It's on it's way - will see how it goes!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

@tjscraps Did your case get delivered yet? My daughter's phone case bit the dust and she needs a new one plus it is her birthday so I want to get her a new case and looking for an idea of what to get her.

18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Well I've been looking at them for a long time, because PopSockets are tooo bulky in the back of my phone case. I haven't bought one yet, I decided to look for something similar and CHEAPER.

I ended up finding this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CIN6AXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and just sticking it to the case I already love.
    I actually really love having the elastic loop in the back and can hold it with either. Much cheaper than the Loopy case. But definitely please let us know how you like the case @tjscraps

19. tjscraps

Yes, I got it and I love it! It was pricey, but I haven't dropped it once lol

meganmecrazy likes this.
  20. tjscraps

@meganmecrazy @LoveItScrapIt The only thing I'm not 100% on yet is that the phone won't lay flat - it's always at an angle, because of the loop. Not a huge deal, I just haven't gotten used to it yet.

LoveItScrapIt and meganmecrazy like this.