Looking for your opinion. . .

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by tanbanan, Apr 17, 2012.

1. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

on the best photo book printing company. I am making a book and designing all the pages, so I don't want a company that only allows you to use their templates.

2. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

I've only had a few photobooks printed, and I've only had them done through Shutterfly, but I was happy with them. They have the option to upload your own pages. I would be interested in hearing feedback, too, because I'm hoping to print some more soon.

3. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

I believe there are quite a few that let you, you just chose a full page picture page. Best is a matter of argument and cost.

4. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

in "best" i'm looking for ease of software and quick turnaround time. i'm printing 12x12. . .

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I was really impressed with my Photobooks from Inkubook, and the turn-around was reasonable. You can upload a full page image which works perfectly with scrap pages. But you can also mix and match, which is really nice. Plus you can print the front and back covers. They have a 40% off special right now for Mother's Day: https://www.facebook.com/Inkubook

ETA: They don't have 12x12 - they print 11x11 instead. Still looks amazing, and fits better on my shelf!

Plus you can print a very large book. Mine were 120+ pages and 180+pages.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I've only used Shutterfly and I was really happy with them

7. Karah

Karah Karah

I've only used Shutterfly, but I've been very happy with them (I think I've done about 6 books through them). And EVERY time I've received my book well before the estimated shipping time. You can find all kinds of good coupons - and if you order through ebates, you get something like 8% cash back!

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I have ordered some through Shutterfly, but maybe I was not going about it correctly, but it was not very easy to figure out if you wanted to upload your own layout. I have also ordered books from Winkflash when they are having their flat rate sale (unlimited pages up to 100) and have been happy with those as well.

there is a post on the daily digi where Steph literally went the process of about 8 different photobook companies and evaluated their process and quality.
    http://thedailydigi.com/12-different-photobook-printer-reviews/

9. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I have printed from Viovio and My Pic Tales, and I have been pretty pleased with both of them.

10. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I had my December Daily 2011 printed at Viovio and was very pleased. I did a softcover 8x8 and had it in my hands abt a week-ish after I ordered it.

12. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

Thanks Becky~ I will definitely check that out!

Thanks for all of your feedback. . . it's been SOOOO helpful!

13. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've only used Shutterfly, but I will say that if you're new to printing a digital book there... they changed stuff about a year ago and it's darn near impossible to figure out how to do a blank book for digital scrapbook pages. Thankfully I have older books that I can just save as the new one and start over with.

Karah, I didn't know about ebates... that's awesome, thanks!

I'm going to watch this thread too, because I'm always open to trying a new place as long as they do 12x12 and let you do the front and back cover and spine too!

15. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'm kinda looking for what is best/most economical too. I have been printing my pages through persnickety, but I"m rethinking that. I am thinking of doing a book per kid per year - just collecting up all my pages in a folder, and then printing it on their birthday. It seems like it might be more economical than printing all the pages like I do now.

16. HeatherB

Doesn't this make such a nice touch to the book? Inkubook supports this too.

17. HeatherB

Yes - definitely more economical. Here in Canada, the best I could get was $2.50 a print (12x12 at Costco), so my 300+ pages last year (my pages from 2009 and 2010) would have cost around $750 if printed one by one (and that doesn't include page sleeves and books). Instead, I've got 2 nice books (11x11, hardcover bound, both together taking up less than 2 inches shelf space), and with the 2-for-1 introductory price, I think I only paid around $150 plus shipping.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  18. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

Any solution for your pages not fitting in books without reworking them to account for the bleed at the edges? This made me crazy with shutterfly.

19. HeatherB

I now take that into consideration for most pages I scrap, and make sure there is an edge that I don't mind if it gets trimmed a little. But yes, my pages from 2009/2010, I had to rework several, but most I just placed slightly reduced on top of a similarly coloured background, so it looks like just another layer, and it worked beautifully. But a lot of work yes. Hopefully not so much for 2011 and 2012.

20. HeatherB

More important than the edge bleed, was leaving an additional 1/4 - 1/2 inch for the book's bound edge.