looking for accountability

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Sharon Evans, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

I have a lot of weight to lose; if not for the benefit of my general health, then specifically for the benefit of my aching feet!!! Like most of us I guess, I know exactly what I need to do to lose the weight but I struggle to actually do it if I am not accountable to someone. I know I could go back to WW, but I resent paying money out for what I already know!
    I don't want to change my diet drastically, but I've made a resolution to eat more healthily - particularly to cut out refined sugar (I LOVE it, but it makes me feel blergh!), and to limit snacking to very healthy choices.
    My goal is to lose half a kilo (about a pound) a week - I started last Monday 28th and this week I lost 1.5 kilo!!
    To keep me a little honest, I'm going to post weekly updates here - if that's not too terribly boring for everyone else?

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Sounds like a good plan. I need to get started after payday. I'm more like to post updates if I'm not the only one.

3. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Way to go, Sharon!! :yourock :woohoo

I'm trying to cut out sugar, too. I do fine for a few days, then I have just a little and then it's a slippery slope.

I also need to start walking again. I really struggle in the winter. I hate the cold. I keep telling myself, tomorrow I'm going to get out....then don't. I guess spring will be here eventually, lol.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Good luck. Like you I have quite a bit to lose. And I'm a sugar addict....just a little and then it all goes down hill for me after that.

I'm going to drink more water, as a family we are cutting out dessert and I'm going to watch my calories.

KarenC likes this.
  5. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Sounds great and like you are on the right path. After having my 5th child almost 2 years ago I am in serious need to lose about 30-40 pounds. my main thing I want though is to get healthy for my sake and theirs. I have the worst eating habits. I hate veggies and I LOVE chocolate. Not a good combo!!

KarenC and sushimommy like this.
  6. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I need to up my water intake and start making sure we take our dogs for long walks 4-5 days every week. It's somewhere to start!

KarenC likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I will cheer you on and be there with a tissue when it doesn't go as you want, and encourage you back on the track. I lost over 80 pounds a few years back and have put 30 back on, and it is coming off before summer!!! Growling at the rebound...but we CAN do this together!!! moving even a little bit is better than nothing. water intake, and lower food intake. not rocket science, but still so flippin ' hard sometimes!

enjoyyourpix and KarenC like this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I did WW years ago... had kids, racked up the pounds... and then I did WW again... but combining our habits with what we have learned can give you a step up.

I'm a good cheerleader, like Ann, and this would also keep me in check to maintain!

I started with a small habit last New Years, and I'm proud to say I've kept it up 85% of the time (Yipee!) of the year and I think might help everyone. I read somewhere that it is a good habit to have a large glass of water first thing when you wake up.

9. khakisack

khakisack Active Member

I cut out sugar 12/4. My 6 year old said I look like Baymax. My daughter said my tummy looks like a pumpkin. The first week was super hard, but a friend who did Medifast told me her trick was to sip Powerade Zero all day and it took the edge off. Seemed to work for me! My goal is to keep it up and lose... more than i'm willing to admit! It will probably take me 6 months. This month I lost 14 pounds!

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my gosh! that is super...and poweraide zero, wow

11. Sharon Evans

@khakisack 14 pounds - go you! That is fantastic!!!

12. Sharon Evans

I don't it TOO difficult to keep away from sugar because the difference in how I feel is so marked just over a few days - but when things go wrong or I am stressed badly (and this last year was very streaky) then all I want to do is treat myself - and of course what is so hard to take off is so easy to put on!!
    Thanks for the encouragement folks - reckon we can all make some positive changes together - thanks Anne for kicking it all off!!!

13. Sharon Evans

Actually the year was stressy - not streaky!!:giggle

bestcee likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm in the same boat Sharon, and I love the idea of my scrappy place being a spot to encourage other areas of my life. It's easy for me to forget to look at other sites, but I know that I'll be on here daily.

15. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I need accountability here, too. I had a gastric bypass in 2014, lost 108 pounds and was looking and feeling fabulous. Then last October it started creeping back on and now I am up 30 pounds of regain. That is just not acceptable!!! It was all from sugar, too. Sugar is a weakness. For some reason, after my surgery I cannot tolerate ANY artificial sweetener at all. I throw it right back up. Before surgery everything was sugar free. I'm back to eating my protein first, then my veggies, and I'm allowed 15 grams of carbs per meal. Sometimes I allow myself 20. What I really need to do is get back to exercising. I've slacked off and can really tell. I will check in here for encouragement and motivation to see that you guys are working on your fitness, too.

16. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Check out the "weekly" check in thread. We hold each other's hands and encourage along our journey.