Let's talk sizes & printing . . .

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mishou, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mishou

mishou mishou

Let's talk sizes & printing . . .

I'm already trying to think of what projects I want to do in the new year and I'd like to start art journaling more again but I'm having trouble deciding on what size, if and how to print my digital pages, etc. . . .

So tell me, what size do you like to art journal in, and why?

I see lots of squares, but a few rectangles in the gallery.

I went through a phase a while back where I was doing my digital art journal pages in 8.5x11 so I could print them out at home and stick in a binder I was using for all my art journaling (digital or otherwise)

But lately I've just been doing it in 12x12. I don't print anymore so I've just fallen into my scrapping habits with it I guess

What do you ladies like best?

And are you printing these out? Do you have plans to add them to your regular scrapbooks or a separate album? I know at least one person here (mpatry) who is printing them and sticking in her physical art journal. Anybody else trying that out?

So many options! :dizzy

2. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I think I'm sticking to 12x12 and then if and when I want to print them I might print them at 8x8 and stick them in an album... I'm torn because I'm really loving the 6x8 size right now and really loving hybrid again so I don't really know and I'm just as :dizzy as you lol

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Get a 3 ring binder and all different sizes of sleeves and do all the sizes together! Aren't you art journaling girls all about breaking the mold? :giggle Get crazy! (then you don't actually have to make a decision!)

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm doing 12x12, just because this is how I'm used to do with my scrap pages...lol!! but I think I'll print some, and maybe hang in my wall, seriously! or keep them on my album....stil don't know!

5. mpatry

mpatry New Member

I'm printing out all of my digital art journal pages in 5x7. I can print 2 pages on 1 sheet of paper making it easy to print at home without wasting too much paper. It also allows me to have an edge around the digital art when I put it in my actual art journal. I love being able to add onto the page with paint, ink, pens etc. I love to get messy and decorate the edge. I blend it onto the edge of the printed art to have it blend into the rest of the journal page. I sometimes also glue the printed art onto an envelope, then glue the whole thing onto my journal page. This gives me a great pocket for adding anything else... ephemera, journaling cards etc...