Lets Talk Actions!

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by tmflohr, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Joan

Joan tiptoeing round the pad

Eryn, Nichole Van's are supposed to work with PS7. I have no personal experience using them with PS7, but that's what it says on her site.

EDIT: I should rephrase this to say some of her sets work with PS7. It looks like her most recent sets are only tested in CS2 and up.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

oo congrats! I have one entered... I didn't spend an awful lot of time on my book - was seriously hoping for a SF coupon for just entering lmao!

3. renee82

renee82 renee82

Anyone know of PSE7 actions besides Sarah?

4. Joan

I think a couple of Nichole Van's sets do, Renee.

Oh, and for anyone thinking of buying her actions, I recommend signing up for her newsletter. She sends out coupon codes on occasion.

5. eryn

eryn gross no longer

thanks! I'll check it out :)

6. Joan

Renee, I've been drooling over several of these sites tonight (I probably should have never opened this thread! :giggle) and I am seeing some that have PSE compatible actions.

It looks like florabella's are, and I thought there was another one but I can't remember which one... :think

7. tmflohr

tmflohr New Member

i bought 5 different sets from sarah last evening and am in LOVE...awwwww, so sweet :) thanks for the help everyone!

8. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

some of Sarah's will be coming home with me too!

also Kathryn Wilson has some great actions, but she hasn't put them up anywhere yet since leaving storytellers

9. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

10. dst212 (Daniela)

dst212 (Daniela) New Member

Awesome tips! I haven't played with actions in quite a while, I'm more of a Lightroom girl. And I always end up using the same presets over and over again. Usually Bleached or White Wash by Kristen Rice.

11. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

coffeeshop was mentioned..., graffishop, ezactions, there's some on a list here but they're mostly oldies... hope that helps! i love Sarah's, and mostly play with hers and some from Cheryl Muhr Photography

until i'm brave enough to leap to the Big Program and Lightroom i'll play in my little elements corner ;)

12. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh gosh... I am so glad I opened this thread!!! I'm a PSE girl and will be headin' over to check out Sarah's for sure! Thanx ladies from a newbie around here! :)

13. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I am dying for those florabella textures! They look amazing!

I adore Sarah's too! She's fabulous!

14. my3hens

my3hens Is only good for one thing....

OMG I love you girls, seriously you all made my day!! We have been battling the sickies and to come here and find such kind words and awesome reviews totally made my week!!
    I have to also say that even though I make and sell actions Florabella just released some I want LOL is that bad??

15. Joan

LOL, Sarah! Well, designers still shop and scrap with other designers' goodies!

She sure has some gorgeous textures, doesn't she? I have a lot of favourites that I go back to often (many of which are yours! ;)) but I love exploring and playing with different sets from different photographers. Everyone has their own little tricks and ways of working, and it's amazing how different each individual action can be on a photo, even when the overall idea is a similar one. Yup, I think I have a serious addiction :lol.

16. Joan

A little heads up for any of you that have been wanting actions from Totally Rad, I got this email from them today.

17. lisamars

lisamars Lili's Team

For the girls who use Sarah's actions: which ones are your favorite??
    I'd love to try some of them but it's so hard to choose!! Help! Lol!

18. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

I'm no help b/c I have all of them that are compatible with PSE. :giggle Sarah makes lots of money off of me. :D

19. renee82

renee82 renee82

Same here...i use all of them... but I do have to say that two of my favs latey were Pumpkin Patch and Pineapple Punch... but I could go on.... lol!

20. jstbkuz

jstbkuz needs a spanking

I just use Totally Rad actions, I want their dirty textures now though, he he