Learning Curves...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by lynning, Jan 4, 2017.

1. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Photoshop CS2 to the new Photoshop Creative Cloud. UGH!!! The learning curves are STEEP!

I know exactly how I would execute what I want to do in CS2... completely clueless where to find stuff in CC.

Just needed to vent!

Thanks!!

MrsGaramer likes this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I'm needing to start making the conversion too.
    If you have questions at least there are lots of helpful people here.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ugh! I hate major changes! But we will totally help when we can! I jumped from PSE11 to CC and while it was rough at first, I'm so happy I did!

4. lynning

@carilyne I bit the bullet last week as a Christmas gift to myself. I found some really amazing free for commercial use flyer templates for New Year's Eve. My version of Photoshop wouldn't & couldn't open them. Using those free flyer templates helped a ton to learn some basics... but now I need to dig deeper.

bestcee likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I think it's beginner Photography month at Creative Live ... not sure you're able to sit and watch those broadcasts - they usually run the full 24 hours on repeat .... but I think there is a Photoshop CC class in the mix for this month. Might help?

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Shout out when you get stuck! Learning something you "know" is way harder sometimes when you are almost "re-learning" the software!

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I made the switch from PSE to PS CC just over a year ago. If you knew me before I started using PSE, you know how opposed I was to learning it. But I did with the help of some friends and quite a few of Jessica Sprague's classes. So when I made the switch to PS CC, I just rewatched all those class videos, using the PS version. Some things were very similar, others took a few times to remember what to do. All in all, there really wasn't much difference for me.

8. lynning

Thanks Ladies!! Mostly, right now, I'm just confused why the "clear" only works sometimes. Sometimes I really need erase the background of a journaling card or extract something from a photo. I'll get it figured out eventually!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Is it the only layer? And are you using the eraser or the select and delete or a layer mask?

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'll have to check out the Creative Live schedule. I seem to have fallen off their radar.

11. lynning

I WISH I had the time to watch!! My work schedule is a bit screwy! School bus driver. Mornings from 5:30a-9am then Afternoons from 1:45p-5:15p

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

maybe you can catch a little here and there. otherwise feel free to ask here in the forum too. :)