Last Day of School | Pad Patter June 9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jam-on-toast, Jun 9, 2023.

1. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Which one are you? I'm definitely the first - I'm sooooooo looking forward to NOT having to worry about school lunches and homework, scheduling and going to bed on time... Perhaps it helps that my kids are 17 and 15 and I don't mind them being at home.

Last-Day-of-School-Memes.jpg

[​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I hated the last day of school and loved the back to school.
    Three strong willed kids getting bored at home was really hard on me.
    Glad that they're grown up now.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I love the last day of the school year. Our schools don't close for another 6 weeks yet though.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Last day of school in Belgium is June 30th ... when I was still working for me this meant 2 more days to finish school administration and then more than 6 weeks of vacation ...

jam-on-toast and Karen like this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely in the first group... happy to have the end of the year. I only have one left in high school, but he struggles with some of his classes and needs help with homework sometimes still, and then there's the major chore of getting him to actually wake up in the morning too! :giggle He's thrilled that today is his last day! Which is totally weird too though because after today, that means he's a senior! Yikes!

jam-on-toast likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm a teacher, so definitely the first one :giggle
    By the end of summer, I'm usually at least a little ready for some routine again. But, I'm not sure how I'll feel this year since the last one graduated.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  7. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I homeschool my 3 youngest so I’m definitely the first one! We were all so ready for summer break. Of course, part of my summer will be used for researching and ordering stuff for the coming school year. It’s crazy because I spend about the last 2 months of the school year so ready for the structure and schedule to end but then after a month of summer break I find myself looking forward to structure and a schedule again:blush.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We homeschooled (unschooled, really) all year, so the exciting thing about the beginning of summer had nothing to do with school but the warmer longer days and fun activities we could do.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  9. jam-on-toast

Lol... I know what you mean... when my two were younger, summer was waaaaay tooo long and back to school was always more than welcome!

10. jam-on-toast

We don't break for the summer until July 7th either... this year that is, but this time next year both my kids will have sat their exams... and daughter will be on her way ready to start her uni somewhere else... time flies...

Angela Toucan likes this.
  11. jam-on-toast

wow... I can't imagine homeschooling my kids... it's kinda nice to send them off to go give the attitude to someone else... at least for part of the day... but I know what you mean about looking forward to routine and structure... back to school is never unwelcome!

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Homeschooler here too! I'm a little bit of both. We do more year-round schooling but are more relaxed during the summer. I still need some structure in the summer...and it's not as hard to get back into a routine in the fall.

13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Honestly, I'm a bit in the middle. Our last day isn't until this coming Friday, so I have a week to get 'ready' but like you, mine are older- 12 & 15. I'm looking forward to having them home, as I can make them do more chores in the daytime to help me out. I'm NOT looking forward to the arguments about screen time/video games...

jam-on-toast likes this.
  14. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I was always happy for the last day of school … no fighting with my kids/grandkids to do their school/home work.

Youngest grandson graduated last week, so school’s out forever … unless I decide to take a class at the local community college.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  15. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

It’s so crazy but this was exactly part of the reason I started homeschooling. My oldest 2 went to and graduated from our local private school and I got so tired of getting the worst part of them. They would come home so tired and with major attitudes after being around their peers all day. My 3 children I homeschool are definitely not perfect and have bad days and bad attitudes just like my older 2 that were not homeschooled but there is definitely a huge difference in what we deal with. It’s been worth every sacrifice for that reason alone.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  16. jam-on-toast

lol... same here... not looking forward to that one either...

amien1 likes this.
  17. jam-on-toast

I think I see where you are coming from... not that I'd be brave enough to try that... but if our home cooking sessions are anything to go by, it IS nice to actually do things with them, rather than try and get them to follow someone else's (school's) rythm...

18. jam-on-toast

hahaha... what class would that be? I'd LOVE to learn to tango, but hubby wouldn't go with me, so there's that....

19. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I really like history, so it would probably be another history class ... maybe world civ or the English kings? I'm maxed out on US and Virginia history classes.

20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We are still in session until Tuesday. My oldest Graduates! Since they are older, I'm more A.... less little stuff to worry about!

jam-on-toast and Memaw2Wm like this.