Keeping on top of MOC

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 2, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's usually just adding journaling for me. :agree

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@bestcee - it would be for interviews - can’t afford any pleasure trips right now. Generally I’m only out from like 9-10am til between 4 and 6pm so have a good few hours on at least one of the evenings free. I’m hoping this time around it could be a 2 interviews within a couple of days all going well since they’re both in the same city. When I travel, I travel the day before the interview, have 2 full days away - one being the day of the interview then travel back so realistically I’d have 2 free evenings.

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If it were me, I'd take the laptop. One evening, when you don't have to worry about any of the house chores, but can just scrap? That sounds like heaven.

Hmmm Maybe I need to book a night away at a hotel mid MOC. :giggle

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I haven't read through all the replies yet- but wanted to say that I am the same way. I work 2 days a week so those days are usually not days I can scrap. My kids are SUPER busy with sports & activities now- so often times, even my days off I'm too busy to get to my own hobbies. I am a Thursday scrapper in general! ;) I am a big list maker & for MOC I keep a notepad on my desk numbered 1-31 & the challenge info. that way I can mark off as I go. I also do the 'easy' challenges first- or at least easy to me or when I have an idea how to complete it instantly. Last year there were many times I completed 4 challenges in one day. Good luck & just know you're not the only one who can't scrap every day & YOU WILL MAKE IT! :D

bestcee likes this.
  5. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

Great advice in this post.

I too open a canvas or the template, stick what I need on it. Make notes when I get a chance. Then the next time I have a few spare moments I put things together. It doesn’t take long this way.

6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

This was going to be my suggestion too. I know in the past we've had challenges without journaling, titles, or with clean space, etc, which aren't my thing. I just get the challenge rules met, upload and then can add/remove anything afterwards to meet my own criteria.

Also, perhaps for the time limited ones, check out and see which of the TLP collabs you have (although you have to be careful as some of the blog hop sections aren't in store). The wishes, hopes and dreams one is a fave of mine. I also have a couple of other go to's from fave designers, and then to fill in with any missing elements I do a search in windows explorer within the same designers folder eg for flower, tab, button, etc.

Good luck.

cfile likes this.
  7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was twelve days behind one year. At the very end of the month. I finished you can too. I would just look at what the challenges are and have an idea what you are going to use for them. That way when you are at the computer it should go by quickly. Unless you are like me and overthink the pages. My husband thought I was a mad woman and tried not to be around me those last few days.

cookingmylife likes this.