Keep it Simple! | DYD 2021

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2021' started by tkradtke, Nov 11, 2021.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Are you one of those people who thinks they would like to take on a Document Your December project, but then goes to Pinterest and gets completely overwhelmed by the beautiful (but complex) projects that are out there?

Yeah, that's me, every single year :giggle So, I started brainstorming and digging through the store here to find some ways to dial DYD back and make it much less intimidating to begin.

Here are some products in the store that inspired me:

sgleason_decemberdefinedep_preview.jpg
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/December-Defined-stamps.html
    sgleason_storymaps1_preview.jpg
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pocket-Maps-no.-1.html
    soco_decembercardsv2_pv.jpg
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/December-Cards-Vol.-2.html

These products give you some great jumping off points for a simple, manageable DYD project. The two products by Sara Gleason can be treated like photo prompts. Go on a photo scavenger hunt throughout the month and drop your photos into the mini templates or add the stamp. The stamps can be used as a December A-Z project as there is a stamp for every letter!

Here are a couple of examples I made up using Sara's mini templates:

3x4wordcards_adventweb.jpg 3x4wordcards_soundtrackweb.jpg

The set by Soco is a great way to manage a daily project. Here are some examples I made up:

3x4daily01web.jpg 3x4daily03web.jpg

Now... you may be asking, what do I do with these little bite sized DYD "pages"? This is the fun part... you can do whatever you want with them!

Want to keep things simple? Print them and slip them into pocket protectors.

Like to scrap more traditional looking pages? Use them as your photo on your page:

[​IMG]

Want the best of both worlds, pick a pocket page template (like this set of templates and page protectors), drop your mini pages onto it and add as little or as much additional product as you would like!

[​IMG]

So now you've seen my ideas for keeping things simple this year... what tips or products do you have to share?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    norton94, G.J., umyesh and 2 others like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

While I don't really do DYD, Soco's latest album set is a great simple way of scrapping Christmas memories in a hurry. I was able to add very few elements to tell my Christmas lunch story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

norton94, tkradtke, Ferdy and 3 others like this.
  3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I go to Pinterest and get overwhelmed there regardless of the subject, lol. Thanks for the tips.

tkradtke likes this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love all the products you highlighted! Thanks for the inspiration!

tkradtke likes this.
  5. tkradtke

Using templates are a GREAT way to keep things simple too! Thanks for the suggestion Jennifer!

OH for sure! Even when I put in "beginner" or "easy" I still get lots of things that go way over my head!

I have been overwhelmed lately looking for DYD stuff... so much on Pinterest is gorgeous, but paper and doesn't translate well to digital. But I can't look away... lol!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have loved seeing what the designer's have cooked up for us this year, I have started watching hallmark Christmas movies and bought a poinsettia for my kitchen counter. It's starting at my house...

norton94 likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Do you do pages in advance and then make sure you take those pics?

8. tkradtke

You could, if you wanted to commit to a photo prompt type DYD... that would make your project go really quickly with little stress once December begins.

Dalis likes this.