just purchased NBK ac 34 and also december spirit and get an error message

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by bjc, Dec 28, 2020.

1. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

why would all other items either from NBK or not run fine . only these two most recent purchases and also i think new items dont open. and give that icc message

2. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I changed for her the files into files with no profile but also there she not could open it. After research I need to say that it can be a bug or something is missing after a photoshop update. I asked now around and no one had issues with the files to open them.

3. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

because of an Photoshop Update the last time, it seems that the latest update really has several bugs

4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

so is there anything i can do ? how can i use these items and what can i do to help the situation. i also purchased some items from prd and they open as does your knitting style this is so frustrating and i want to finish my layout

5. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

should i uninstall photoshop and reinstall? would that help?

6. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i still have photoshop version 2019 and i opened it and getthe same error about icc being invalid ugh so i dont think its the update . ugh this is so frustrating

7. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Maybe it was something that happened during the download. Have you tried deleting the new purchases from your laptop and re downloading the files from the store?

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I was reading on Adobe about it, I googled Dell and the error message posted, I saw that it's not necessarily a Photoshop error. It can be a monitor error in how it handles colors.

I had a similar issue with my printer. It happened after a Windows 10 update, where the printer profile didn't transfer correctly, so unbeknownst to me, it created a second profile and messed up printing. It took me a week to figure out where the problem was occurring.

Did you try resetting the Adobe Settings File?
    "holding down Ctrl + Alt + Shift, starting Photoshop and deleting the Adobe Photoshop Settings File when prompted"

Carla likes this.
  9. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

She can now open the files, but I had to reset all my files for her.
    It seems she only can open files without any profile. Actually is that a no go.
    So far I think it must be really a Dell problem with profiles. and the other designers files seems to have no profiles as well thats why they've opened.

bestcee, Carla and mrs2a50 like this.
  10. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

what do you mean by dleeting the adobe photoshop settings file. where would i find that and what would that do to my using photoshop ?

11. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

thank you everyone for your help. i got it all to work fine on my desktop so now the problem is figuring out how to use nbk newer items on my laptop . i only use my laptop when i am not home . and at last i finished the layout

[​IMG]

bestcee, Carla and KimJ like this.
  12. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm glad to got it to at least work on your desktop. What a wonderful hat and the perfect pieces to scrap it with! Hope you get the laptop issue figured out soon!

You don't have to "find" the settings file. Following the instruction Courtney gave will automatically delete it. It basically resets all of your preferences to the way they were when you first installed the program, so anything you personalized will be lost. There is a bit more info here.

bestcee likes this.
  13. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

That is a gorgeous layout and well worth the wait!