JUNE - ART JOURNAL challenge

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jun 1, 2016.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love styles and actions.. I have a lot of the Atomic Cupcake actions from before they left the internet which are grand but I also like to make styles and actions. re styles on of my favorites is the one I did with the "Friends don't let friends fonts float" ... the original tutorial by Anne and then I attached the styles for it. Use it all the time! I used that style for a lot of my blending with the rub ons etc and blend into the paper.

[​IMG]

This thread has the style download plus instructions how to load into CC & PSE
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/friends-dont-let-friends-fonts-float.26663/page-2#post-397611

Lindzee and paula kesselring like this.
  2. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

cfile likes this.
  3. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TIMES OF DARKNESS

“Especially in times of darkness, that is the time to love, that an act of love may tip the balance.” — Aeschylus

I have been struggling with how to express my feelings about the Orlando massacre. It seems there are no words deep enough. And neither is this, but it’s the best I can do. The only hope I can find.

Elements from Vinnie Pearce, Just Jaimee, Quirky Heart, Dawn Inskip, Paula Kesselring, Lynne-Marie, Allison Pennington, Angie Young, and Lynn Grieveson. I used actions and styles from JustJamie and the nofontfloat style from cfile.

Edited to answer carilyne's request:

paper: vinniepearce_FirmFoundations04 copy
    rainbow strip under quote: justjaimee_itsagoodlife_stamp1 (altered)
    color splat top right: justjaimee_moreorless_brushmess
    stamp w/triangles along bottom: mgodin_ahintofautumn-stamp4
    damaged heart at bottom left: sbg-heartfirst-dinskip-heart-05
    rainbow stripes: justjaimee_staprilbst_12
    woman’s face: paulakesselring _womenspower_13
    red target bottom right: lynnemarie_Sickies_JC15
    head w/faces: mgodin_detox-brain
    bottle cap bottom left: Angie_Young_Blog_Blessing_04_26_2012_bottlecap
    world charm: APennington_LIAA-HOP Charm
    date strip: lgrieveson_stitched-down-dates-06-june2016

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

This is beautiful and so powerful emotionally. I'd love to know what kits you used.

5. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

I need a new supply tracker! Neither the Anna Forrest nor the CVW ones will work with Photoshop CC. Anyone have a pointer for me?

But I will go back & make a list of what I used. Maybe not till later today or tomorrow, though. I'm glad you like the page.

6. cfile

@sbpoet I use Anna's in CC I keep the script in a folder and then all I do in CC is go to File>Scripts>Browse and go to where I have it downloaded and then click on it and it works.. not sure how Macs do it, but the supply tracker script I have from Anna Forest works perfectly.

7. cfile

Glad you loaded it and you used it too!! Have fun Sharon @sbpoet

8. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

I edited my post with this info.

Still can't make the credit trackers I have work. Anna even says at her store that hers won't work with PSCC; you lucked out! Or maybe it's a Mac issue.

So, I'm still on the lookout for a credit tracker, Mac, PhotoshopCC.

9. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I don't have a supply tracker. I keep a word file open. Thank you for going back and doing that for me.

10. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

oh my great pages. I have got my actions all uploaded now. Yeah. I bought one that does not work. Hmmm need to find out what is wrong and thank you @cfile I have downloaded your action and will give it a try this week as well.

cfile likes this.
  11. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Ohh ladies fantastic pages so far!!!
    Thanks @misslovescraps for the tip! In fact it's super easy to install and use actions and styles in PS PE but at the 1st time it can be scary!

Some of the styles or actions only appears if you have a colored background -not just the layer that you are working and if youwant to keep the style for the layear and copy it to add in other page or forlder you need to mix this layer with another new blank layer.

let me know what doubts you have and I'll happy to help you!!!

Some tutorials here:
    How to Install
    From Mommysh (she has a lot of videos here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGl74ozsz7B1ECabsKIyfDw):

How to Install & Use Photoshop Actions/styles
    https://creativemarket.com/blog/2013/08/28/how-to-install-use-photoshop-actions

https://creativemarket.com/blog/2013/09/13/how-to-install-use-photoshop-layer-styles

and if you don't know where they are saved after the download you can go to the and type .ASL for stykes - .ATN for actions or .ABR for brushes.
    One tip is always save them into the downloads folder or other like My Documents that you can easily locate! @NancyP
    and to see what you already have they are usually saved here:
    [​IMG]

@Dalis ouch! Please take care my friend! Are you feeling better?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  12. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

I do the same! I have a folder called "photoshoptools" where I save all the brushes, styles and actions that I have, so if I didn't have some installed yet and want to use it's super easy to find!

13. cfile

You are very welcome!!! Enjoy! I use the style on everything not just fonts!!!

tam65 likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

How to use CU Overlays (or any Overlays). Using @paula kesselring 's Overlay pack. Make sure you click on the High Definition option (HD) and maximize the size. You can see all the details I am talking about.

paula kesselring likes this.
  15. Dalis

One more video, there is one more in the making, but I am falling asleep.

This one is a Styles and Actions 101. I didn't explain how to install the styles or actions because I see that there are videos uploaded into this thread with that information.

16. Dalis

CHALLENGE: Use at least an overlay, action or style in your page. Something more than a shadow style. ;)

17. Dalis

Using more styles and actions into my page.

18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

As you know, I don't use any PS stuff to scrap, but Craft Artist has something called Effects which are styles. Not all are good, as some leave a shadows that you cannot get rid of, but I have learned to manage so I thought (don't faint LOL) that I should have a go at this!!!! I turned some bubble like element that was silver into a plastiky style (orange) one to give it a burst of more color, also changed that spiral like circle in the right hand side into a lighter shade of metal as it was getting lost so dark there. Then applied another style to the alpha I used to fit with the page colors and make it a bit more corporeal, hope this is ok :)

[​IMG]

Lindzee likes this.
  19. Dalis

I love the extra detail it added!

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. I just lost my beloved Jack (our pup) on 6/21. Our 42nd wedding anniversary was on 6/22. We cut our vacation in half, drove home from vacation with his lifeless body in the back seat of the car. My DH and I are beside ourselves. It was so unexpected. But Jack was aging, he was slowing down, we just refused to see it.

Overlays by Amy Wolff, Quirky Heart (blended), Dawn Inskip. Four background papers blended together. Burnt wood style from Paula Kesselring used on one of Quirky Heart's cut-out elements.

[​IMG]

carilyne and Nemla like this.