July 2018 Book Club - Before We Were Yours

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I never did get this from the library. I don't want to pay for it. LOL

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I agree with everything you said @Karen - The writing did not come together for me at all. I absolutely could not stand the parts that were written in Avery's voice (or from her perspective, whatever) ... I was SO BORED! Rill's story/chapters were better but lots of holes, lots of weirdness and lots gaps that did not make sense. The last Avery chapter really bugged me - all the things/issues/that needed to be tied together for her were literally thrown together in one sloppy paragraph. UGH. Why spend time talking about that stuff throughout the book if that is how the author decides to "close it" at the end. Honestly I don't really remember too much of what I read - it kinda went in and then out. I've moved on! LOL! I don't think I spoiled anything so I just typed in regular old black. :agree

Karen likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@Karen Since I read it at the end of May I've already forgotten a lot of the details, but I remembering being confused by the story a lot too.

Karen likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so glad to hear that Jenn! I felt like I missed something when I saw how highly this book was rated and I was just frustrated when I finished. Lol!

jenn mccabe likes this.