July 17 Photography: Get in the Photo

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by bestcee, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

just love you. :beat

gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I echo what Cheryl said - gotta love her, her wisdom, sense of fun and who knows in another 20 years I may be thrilled I have more of photos of me from right now. When I was 19 I hid from the camera all the time, if only I knew how thin and young I really was then.

MrsPeel, meterr, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Thank you! It's a combo of makeup and filters to soften. LOL I have rosacea so I have very red cheeks and nose and chin. I've become much more accepting of that and have even taking non-makeup selfies.

The feeling is mutual. Love ya right back!

Exactly, Stefanie! I was trying to say this - there were times I hid from the camera but if I had only known how much I would want to have those photos, well, I would have let my photo be taken! So I'm taking them now, knowing that in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, I'll really appreciate them.

bestcee, londoncuppa and jenn mccabe like this.
  4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am also about 100 pounds overweight and hid from the camera. My oldest granddaughter (will be 12 in October) was looking through some pictures (her mommy's - also a scrapper and mine); she said "Grandma you are not in any of the pics". It hit me then that my grandkids might want some pics of me so I take a selfie about every 2 weeks. I have played around with some apps that "does the makeup" and they are cute but then I realized that is not the real me so here I am (wrinkles and all).

janedee, MrsPeel, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Took a bunch of selfies in my jammies, made them into a contact sheet & applied a watercolor filter to the bunch. It helped.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    MrsPeel, meterr, flowersgal and 2 others like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

Debbie ... I agree with Cheryl that is a great photo of you and so fitting for your avatar. you are beautiful and glad she convinced you to change the photo out! :beat

7. jenn mccabe

This is fabulous! LOVE it so much! :beat

mcurtt likes this.
  8. Kimberly_Wade

Kimberly_Wade Active Member

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This. So much this! I've been stumbling on photos I didn't know I had that I'm in from 10, 15, 20 years ago, and I'm so happy to have them!

I bet her mommy will be happy to have those photos too! My son loves seeing himself in photos with his Nana and Grammy. And I realized recently I don't have a lot of photos of me and my mom because we don't often do the photo thing together! All this to say: Way to go!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

finally I was able to make it!!! I have another two photo I wanted to scrap for this, really really great challenge Court, we dont show up in our pages as often as we should!!!!!! gonna takle some time now to look at the other pages!!!!!
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

this is what I keep saying-

I have a friend of mine, a north American writer who write a book called 16 principles every woman should know, The Diva Doctrine....
    One of those principles is:
    YOU are AT LEAST 10 times more beautiful than what you think you are.
    Look at a photo of you 10, or even 5 years ago, and you will see.

This is so so very true, I always thought I was ugly, now I look at those photos, ny oh my,how much more I would have achieved if I had known!!!!!!

Also agree with you on loving Cheryl!!!!!!!

13. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

14. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I luved this challenge! As a photographer, I am always the one with the camera and never in the photos unless I hand my camera off to someone else. And honestly, I typically don't like pics of myself. But, I've been forcing myself to do selfies, alone, and with others, and becoming more comfortable with it. So.... here be mine. :-)

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.