Jeans and Shorts | Pad Patter 4/30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Apr 30, 2024.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Share me your favorites! I need to get a couple pairs of jeans and shorts too!

I love Democracy myself. They have a built in "flatener" panel that helps smooth my front, lol! They are comfortable, wash well, don't overstretch, and not terrible in the pricing department. They are a little pricey, but I usually get a lot of years out of them.

I had these great non- jean shorts but I really need to replace them, but can't find something similar. I also found Freckled Poppy that seems to have some really cute items and lots of colors. I may also do Try Before You Buy through Amazon, since I'm picky and I want to try them on first.

What about you?

I'm looking at these... and then another jean pair. But, I'm just not sure - I would like them looser.

Democracy:
    [​IMG]

and Freckled Poppy:
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sorry I can't help you. Wrong continent.
    The pair of jeans I am wearing I got from Primark when we visited the UK last year.
    So comfy and look really great on.

3. jk703

We have Primark in NJ!

StefanieS likes this.
  4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My jeans are Levi's from Kohl's. I don't wear shorts all that often, but I have a few pairs that, I think, came from Macy's. Last time I bought shorts was in 2015 when my granddaughter graduated from high school and I needed shorts for her "graduation cruise."

jk703 likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I actually got some democracy jeans off amazon not long ago due to your recommendations (were in my wishlist for a long time & went on sale)- LOVE them! I just got some judy blue jean shorts and while it's nice that they have an adjustable waist- I still feel like they stretch too much- I might need to size down- but they're not my fave. Honestly, the last summer I pretty much lived in athletic shorts- like the rest of the year- leggings/hoodies, then tshirt/athletic short season. lol!

jk703 likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been wearing Lee jeans for years. I just had to order some new ones after I lost weight (not wanted either) and my former size was too big! Current style is Mid-Rise Bootcut. I also like what they call the "relaxed" fit. Lee also has non jean pants that I have bought in the past.

I have also worn Lee jean shorts in the past. Not sure what I will do this summer because of the weight loss. I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I might be able to wear as I gain the weight I lost back. And, Lee also has capris. I wore those a lot before I retired at work (we could wear jeans in the office but not shorts so capris worked!)

Can you tell I'm a fan of the Lee brand?

jk703 likes this.
  7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Those Democracy shorts are cute. I'm old school and get most of my jeans and shorts from Old Navy.

8. jk703

I have a pair of Judy jeans... and I wear them occasionally. I do like my Democracy better. I may bite the bullet and buy a Freckled Poppy pair. I don't usually wear athletic shorts/pants out much. I feel exposed, lol! I'm also weird.

amien1 likes this.
  9. jk703

I used to but felt I was replacing them every year! I may have to stop by again just to double check! Good idea!

10. jk703

I have definitely had Levi's... but don't think I've had Lee. Maybe I'll pop in Kohls to have a look see.

11. dawnmarch

Well to me, that's the joy of it -- they are in expensive so I can replace them as styles change from skinny to boyfriend to . . . whatever.

12. jk703

:giggle I have no style!

I guess I'm more I like what I like I guess, oh... and comfort. I do want them to last a few years and the comfort and panels in Democracy are amazing. Shorts are easier, less worry about the leg, more length! :)

13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I've worn Levi's since I was a kid. Although as a teen (15-18) I mostly wore "peanut" jeans ... low rise hip hugger bell bottoms ... for some reason they were sold in a local men's shop vs. the teen section in the local department stores.

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm like you, comfort for the win. I'd hate to tell you how old some of my jeans are... they don't even make the style anymore and haven't for awhile!

I've always been one that had minimum of 4 pairs of jeans that I would wear so they never got worn so much that they wore out. For the pairs that would get worn out, they became the "work outside jeans or painting jeans" back when I still would do some of the work in the flower beds or painting inside. Get ruined... no problem.

15. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I have these shorts from One5One. I'm normally a thrift shop girl so this price was a bit of a sticker shock for me, but honestly they've been totally worth it. I have pink and blue right now and I wear them all. the. time. I've been looking at places like eBay and Poshmark to grab some more!

upload_2024-4-30_13-45-27.png

jk703 likes this.
  16. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I refuse to buy jeans and shorts because I rarely wear them. My sister gave me some jeans that are Tilt brand and another brand from Maurices (Kancan? Kancun?). They're comfortable enough but I usually live in basketball shorts and sweat pants. I prefer shorts that go to my knees so they're hard to find; I bought a khaki pair from ThredUp years ago.

17. jk703

Oh, I love these! Will check them out! Thanks!

18. jk703

Ooo, I've never heard of Tilt. I must look more, first google had stretch in the findings.
    I don't know kancan or kancun... I have Kut From the Kloth... will google others!

ETA... Kancan... and they look nice too! I never heard of Maurice's. :giggle

umyesh likes this.
  19. dawnmarch

Bart thinks jeans and shorts are over-rated
    IMG_5630.png

20. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

I kissed the frog!

Last edited: May 4, 2024