January 9 - Travel related

Discussion in 'MOC 11 Challenges' started by sucali, Jan 9, 2023.

1. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

2. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Whew! Too many places and photos to choose from! lol
    [​IMG]

4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

5. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

6. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

My last vacation. A week after we came home, lockdown started...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    sucali likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

8. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

OMG, @sucali this is precious and unexpected, you are talking of travel, and exciting destinations, and then you post the view from my doorstep as your first inspiration... San Salvatore onto my lake, lake Lugano... I am in Carona, a 40 minute walk from where you took the pic all the way down, pop in next time you are here. :bk

OMG can I do more than one? This is my favourite subject to scrap, right after the cat :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    sucali likes this.
  9. Brendazzle

Brendazzle Shooting on the Serengeti

I was all set to do a different photo/story until I saw the journal card and suddenly I HAD TO do this one instead
    [​IMG]

sucali and angels like this.
  10. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

11. myka

myka Well-Known Member

2015, we took a trip to Europe for a month, the twins were 10 and my older daughter was 14, the best part of the trip was when their dad went to France to work for a week, we were staying in Rome at the time & had a rental car, so we drove up the coast to Aviano Air Base & stayed there for a couple nights, while in Aviano, the girls & I caught the train to Venice & spent the day / evening walking around & riding the water taxis, it was the best time ever. We nearly missed the last train back, we had such a great time that day. One of my best travel memories with my girls. I made the stamp on the journal card using a PS stamp action & a pic.
    [​IMG]

sucali likes this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I was born & raised in Chicago, in the city. Even though I have been to Europe and many places in the USA, Chicago still holds a special place in my heart.

[​IMG]

sucali, Karen and threadjungle like this.
  13. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

It was hard to narrow down to just one pic from this epic summer road trip- but my favorite was Moraine Lake! I took SO many gorgeous pics there too! Here's JUST one! ;) Thanks for the fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

sucali and threadjungle like this.
  15. hairica

hairica Active Member

16. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge! Very difficult to choose a photo as I loved all our travels. Finally, choosed this one taken at the Bryce canyon as I was very lucky to have this cowboy in the picture.
    [​IMG]

sucali and threadjungle like this.
  17. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

18. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

One of my favorite photos of me climbing the rocks in Sedona, AZ
    [​IMG]

sucali likes this.
  19. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I noticed Your layout in the gallery while uploading mine and thought to my self that it looked like Bryce Canyon, how fun we both used photos from there :)

20. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

This probably was my first holiday, I was too young to remember. All I have is photographs, there was an embarrassing photo that mysteriously disappear. The name of this mountain city is probably one of the most curious and, of course, there are several legends about it.
    Journaling: Salsipuedes, Córdoba, Argentina. There are several legends around its name. In one of them it is said that a man, from the Comechingon nation, kidnapped the wife of another man. In their attempt to flee, both men got into a fight, the kidnapper defeated the husband, and throwing him into the waters of the river. As a sign of satisfaction, he yelled at the unfortunate: "Come out if you can".

[​IMG]

Another story says that its name is due to the occurrence of its first owner, Captain Juan de Burgos, a member of the colonizing group headed by the founder of Córdoba, Jerónimo Luis de Cabrera. Burgos received those lands and exclaimed: "Get out if you can from this beautiful place." I prefer the first option, it's funnier.

sucali and Mingo08 like this.