January 24th - Pieces of Us. (Photography Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by aballen, Jan 24, 2018.

1. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

You could take pictures of yourself? Many others have done in this thread :)

aballen likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Kat, since you're allowed to take photos of yourself for this challenge, I was wondering if you could do a "Kat in her new home" type of page. Photos you might include could be a "where I stand" type of photo of you on the sidewalk in England (or in your new English home, if you like one of the floors); a photo of your hand holding a cup of tea (if you drink tea--tea is just so English lol!); your smiling face outside, with the wonderful view in the background; or, via a timer or a remote if you have one for your camera, a photo of your back as you sit outside or in your kitchen or wherever else you'd like so that your close up is of your back or neck or arm, or your ear if you have cool earrings. Those are 4 options, and even if you don't like them, maybe they'll help inspire you to try this challenge while living in England.

3. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

5. makeyesup

makeyesup New Member

Ok, since I live alone and have no pets, used 3 different photos of my GD and her good friend/

[​IMG]

6. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

This was such a great challenge! Thank you so much for hosting it @aballen!
    I usually try to capture the whole situation, so the entire person and even most of the environment. But zooming in on the little details was literally an eye opening experience for me. I will definitely capture more details from now on!

[​IMG]

bonnenuit likes this.
  7. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

8. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

Fun challenge! Thanks. :)

[​IMG]

AllisonPennington likes this.
  9. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

10. Bethie

Bethie Well-Known Member

11. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Kat, please check your conversation folder. :)

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh i love this idea! come on Kat you can do it! i'd love to see a few little pieces of you in your new surroundings! show us your face, your wine glass and your feet in your home or outside your home! that would be awesome!

BTW i'm like 9 or 10 behind right now ... i'd love to catch up - how i do this weekend will be the determing factor on wherether i finish or not. but i just sliced my finger and typing is killing me - i feel like its an uphill battle but i tell you - i am still seeing a few people jumping into MOC this late in the game and they are really inspiring me to try harder! :beat

Tree City likes this.
  13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My redo- my images are PERFECTLY centered & in a vertical row.

[​IMG]

tammybean004 and Mylinn like this.
  14. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

15. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Couldn't comply with the requirements and rearrange my photos in a line, they just didn't work in a line. I didn't like them, so here is the new page, hope that works
    [​IMG]

aballen and Mylinn like this.
  16. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  17. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge.
    [​IMG]
    Credits: Dawn Inskip ~ Darkest Days

18. aballen

Yes, this works. :) Thanks so much zinzilah for posting a new page that meets the requirements!!!

19. aballen

Some of you received a message from me regarding your submitted pages. I know MOC can be challenging and busy. So, I really appreciate all of you who have made changes big or small to meet the requirements. I'm still trying to get to everyone's pages to make sure your page qualifies, so please bear with me. :) If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a message or tag me in a comment here.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Mylinn likes this.
  20. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

I asked my daughter what her favorite "Pieces of Momma" were so I could take pictures. I totally expected her to say my chest since she always snuggles there, my hair since she wants to be a hair dresser BUT she completely surprised my by listing my jewelry and Starbucks! I think I might need to go to "Starbucks therapy" if my daughter thinks I always have a Starbucks on me.

My jewelry is kinda a competition in our house. She feels she needs to be equally represented on Momma. Each have a charm on my necklace, Each have designed a ring for me, Each have earrings. Except my left hand, for some reason wearing a ring next to my wedding ring bothers me.

Side note: when my hubby was designing my anniversary ring, she wanted a ring for me too so she made one out of a twist tie from the grocery store. I wore it all summer! Then I got the idea to have a ring casted from the twist tie so I will always have her special ring for me!
    [​IMG]

bjc and tammybean004 like this.