January 2023 Book Club - The Push

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Sep 3, 2022.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Check it out and see how you like it. I think there’s a lot to like about it.

2. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Wow. This one was a wild ride.

I was on Blythe's side for the majority of the time. Something felt off about Violet, and Fox just drove me nuts. Grrr - can you please just listen and acknowledge?! Stop dismissing! By the time his mom came to visit after Violet was born, I was positive it wasn't in her head. But those flashbacks kept you guessing. And there was something a little off about Blythe too (more than just grief) that she inserted herself into Jenna's life at the end.

Pretty disturbing. Makes me give my kids the side eye...

Laura ODonnell and Karen like this.
  3. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

Wild ride is right!

I did have questions about Blythe's mental health the whole time, and was Violet really doing all of this stuff? With the family history - the crazy abusive grandmother, crazy neglectful mother - would the mental illness just skip over Blythe and go straight to Violet? Anyway, its fiction so I can't think too hard about it.

plumdumpling and Karen like this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I need to read this one. I have been eyeing it.

Karen likes this.
  5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I’m a little late to the party but I feel like the odd woman out on this one. It was a DNF for me - I just found all the characters unpleasant and unhappy. My motto for the last few years is “life is too short to read books you don’t like,” so I gave it up about half way through and just found a detailed plot summary and read that. Interesting premise but not the book for me.

Karen and Laura ODonnell like this.
  6. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I throw back books that don’t grab me all the time. I don’t usually even make it half way. Don’t feel bad.

Karen likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am the worst at plowing through a book just because I've started it. I envy your talent at just saying nope, not today bad book! :giggle

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

9. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I did not like the book. I could not keep reading through Blythe's perspective of her daughter. I did read some of your spoilers and it would've been nice to get to that point but it's not the book for me. It was unpleasant to read so I decided to quit.

Karen likes this.