January 20: Point and Shoot photos

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 19, 2015.

1. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

These are my newest photos using my point and shoot camera. They were taken at night so the lighting wasn't great, and the background (aka my living room) was a mess LOL. As with most of my photos, editing is what makes these scrap-worthy. I increased contrast, brightened them, and blurred out the background.

[​IMG]

2. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

I know this may come as a shock but I don't have a phone - at all! Yes I am very happy with that!
    Anyhow, I do have a tablet so took a picture with it from where I work to what I see when walking out the building.

[​IMG]

3. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

I took this photo in low light. It was very grainy, so used a Snapseed filter. I really like this app.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. Christine

Christine Active Member

I took this photo with my iPhone 5s. I used the tips lighting and editing. I opened my balcony door so that the light could shine in on my subject and I edited the photo using VSCOcam. I really like the way it turned out!
    [​IMG]

5. carrie

carrie I *heart* hearts!!

I use a Cannon ELPH P&S all the time. The first thing I do is turn off the flash and find the natural light. I took this photo during a power outage, so no artificial lighting help, on a snowy afternoon without the ideal background, but capturing kitties requires sacrifices like that. To deal with the background, I used the magnetic lasso and quick mask to select the background and blur it. I also added a solid color layer with the soft light blending mode to it to make the color more uniform:

[​IMG]

6. mels

mels New Member

I used tip 1 light (great light prior to sunset) and the VSCO app on my phone. I used the C2 filter and bumped up the warmth a little.

[​IMG]

7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Used iPhone and AfterLight camera app filters on both photos and cropped out backgrounds.

8. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

I used the PicTapGO and Big Lens apps to edit

[​IMG]

9. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

What a fun challenge - I have an older Android phone - so my photo needed lots of editing!
    I lightened it, then applied a glamor filter (to get rid of some of the noise / pixels that were showing). The colors were funky so I changed it to black and white and cropped it a little bit.

[​IMG]

10. Shivani

Shivani I live in an anemonemone. An amnemonemomne.

My take on Point and Shoot
    I took this picture at night in really bad yellow light so used flash, took at close range to block out the background and edited with screen, soft light and multiply filters in PSE. Used dispersion effect to further get a cleaner image.
    [​IMG]

11. elitka

elitka Well-Known Member

Photo with my iPhone
    -natural light
    -no background
    -photo editing
    -fun
    Thank you for the tips!
    [​IMG]

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Fun Challenge :) Taken with my iPhone and then edited with RadLab

[​IMG]

13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Great challenge. My photo was dark and very faded. I used light and contrast and then a filter.
    [​IMG]

14. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

I concentrated on lighting for my photos - different angles to make them more interesting - backgrounds etc
    taken on my iPhone and edited mainly in Instagram

[​IMG]

15. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I had to edit the photos since they did not come out well on my point and shoot

[​IMG]

16. zanthia

zanthia CT - Kate Hadfield

[​IMG]

https://the-lilypad.com/gallery/sho...&title=lilypad-moc-jan-20-point-shoot&cat=500

believe it or not - no phone , no tablet so no apps can be used

camera is very cheap point n shoot - takes terrible photos - pansonioc tough camera
    most pics have so much lost detail

tips used - lighting - turned off flash even though daytime - wasn't that dark but it was going off and made[ hptps look even worse
    edited - used topaz to bring out more detail and color
    fun - alwys hae fun takiong pics of cooper

17. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Thank you for the iPhone tips, Farrah! This was a fun challenge!

These photos were taken on Thursday (01.22.15 - new photos!). I focused on the background because I wanted to try and capture the rustic, local cafe feel to the place. Two of the photos were indoors, so light was an issue, particularly the light coming in the window behind the counter. I use an iPhone 4 and white balance is a problem. I edited the photos using VSCOcam.

[​IMG]

18. Alegna

Alegna Well-Known Member

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I tried my best here- I don't have a phone with camera, my P&S is actually a good camera- thing is, I don't like in camera flashes- I love low light photography so I thought about lighting tip and turned the tele on to make a reflection and put a lamp far on the right to achieve what I wanted- Then used the edit tip: edit in my program to make adjustments to contrast/exposure & brightness- Hope is ok -
    [​IMG]

20. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥