January 20: Point and Shoot photos

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

I used my phone to make this photo of my mother and grandmother while having lunch.
    I made sure that there was enough light on their faces from the window and that the background wouldn't be too distracting.

[​IMG]

2. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member

I used the "Depth of Field" mode in the Asus Zenfone 5 which helped me have blur background, used some filters from Aviary and Afterlight apps to make the image brighter.

[​IMG]

3. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

Here's mine...
    The photo was taken with my iPhone yesterday at EPCOT. It was pretty busy but I positioned myself so that I didn't have lots of extra people in the background or off to the sides. I also increased the shadows in my photo when editing to make the boys more of a silhouette. And, of course we had lots of fun! Thanks for the fun challenge, Farrah!
    [​IMG]

4. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Here is mine :)
    The photo was very dark and had a lot of background so I cropped the photo and lightened it up with my program (PhotoDraw)

[​IMG]

5. melmiles

melmiles Active Member

I used more light and edited in Snap Seed.

[​IMG]

6. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I had started a thread about iphone photos - how to take better photos from my phone...I used a number of techniques shared in that thread. The photo is shot with VSCO app and I used a few inbuilt features of the app to crop, improve contrast and draw out the colours better.

[​IMG]

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I shot outside to get good natural light. I got down lower so that the background would be mostly the hedge in order to eliminate a busy background. I also did some photo editing.

[​IMG]

8. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

tips used: lighting, background, photo editing
    photo taken on January 24, 2015
    [​IMG]