January 20: Birthday

Discussion in 'MOC 11 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 20, 2023.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This weekend, we celebrate The Lilypad's Sweet 16th birthday! 16 wonderful years of memories and lovely products and fabulous designers and friendships made. 16 years of helping people document their stories and lives. 16 years of changes and trends and styles.

I experiment with different styles and challenges throughout the year, but the heart and home of my scrapping is the story about the fleeting moments of time and connections through that time. Connections to the past, the present and the future. Is it any wonder my favorite Christmas Movie is A Muppets Christmas Carol? One of the yearly pages I make is a birthday page for Munchkin. It's one moment out of the year, one day. But it tells about his life (where he lives, his friends, etc.) while also showing how much he stays the same (his favorite drink has been root beer for most of those interviews). I transcribe exactly how he talks (adding interpretations if needed) which captures his personality. He'll never be that age again with missing teeth or giggling at the idea of a big plate of pasta. His birthday page is a capture of that moment in time since I always do the interview on his birthday, even if I scrap the page later that year (or a few years later). When I look through his birthday pages, I see a little boy move to different places, his room change from diapers to video games but toy cars and Lego in all of them.

Your challenge is to make a birthday page with at least a line of journaling. You can celebrate anyone you want - family, friends, pets. While I encourage you to try an interview, and get a different perspective, you need only include the minimum of a line of journaling.

[​IMG]

Challenge:
    make a birthday page with at least a line of journaling.

Gentle Guidelines Reminder:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    • Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    • Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    • Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). Product from other stores will not be allowed for MOC; your pages must contain 100% Lilypad product (current or retired product from designers or guest designers presently selling at The Lilypad).

Enjoy the celebrations this weekend! Don't miss checking the forum for a special online birthday party!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  2. bestcee

Does it count as a birthday page if I document a birthday that happened six months ago, but do the interview today? Or do we have to find someone who has their birthday between now and February 2nd so we can interview them on the proper day? Or is it better to scrap a birthday from six months ago (for example) but skip the interview?
    The journaling doesn't have to be documented on the birthday itself. You could do a 6 months ago birthday page with interview today. No need to find someone with an upcoming birthday.

My birthday is coming up in just a few weeks. Would it be okay to do a page about my upcoming birthday?

As long as it's a birthday page!

Does it have to be about the actual birthday or something interesting about someone's birthday?
    It can be something interesting as long as it's still a birthday page.
    For example, I could do a page about my brothers first birthday (day he was born) and how at 10, I demanded he not be born in my birthday. He claims he heard me and I scared him so waited 5 days. That would be interesting, but still a birthday page.

Need some Birthday Products? https://the-lilypad.com/store/Birthday/

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Good thing I saw this before tackling a different challenge…the one I was planning on doing for recreate an older page will be perfect for this challenge instead.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

5. bestcee

That's always fun when you have a page lined up in your mind!

6. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Happy birthday and thank you for the challenge! I did a hybrid planner spread, I hope that is okay...

[​IMG]

threadjungle likes this.
  7. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

Question! You encourage us to try an interview - but also write that you always do the interview on their actual birthday, to capture that moment in time. Does it count as a birthday page if I document a birthday that happened six months ago, but do the interview today? Or do we have to find someone who has their birthday between now and February 2nd so we can interview them on the proper day? Or is it better to scrap a birthday from six months ago (for example) but skip the interview? So many questions. :)

8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Question: My birthday is coming up in just a few weeks. Would it be okay to do a page about my upcoming birthday?

9. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I made a birthday page with journaling but with no interview. I hope it's ok @bestcee

[​IMG]

thank you for the challenge

ninigoesdigi, zotova and bestcee like this.
  10. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the challenge Courtney
    [​IMG]

Nemla, ninigoesdigi and A-M like this.
  12. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Thank you for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

14. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

16. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

Happy sweet 16 Lilypad!
    [​IMG]

17. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

18. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

Question: Does it have to be about the actual birthday or something interesting about someone's birthday?

19. bestcee

The journaling doesn't have to be documented on the birthday itself. You could do a 6 months ago birthday page with interview today. No need to find someone with an upcoming birthday.

Does that answer your question?

20. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Happy birthday Lilypad

[​IMG]

ninigoesdigi, threadjungle and zotova like this.