January 17: Username (Journaling)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 17, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! photo optional.

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Awesome challenge, thanks for getting it up so early for us early birds (or those on the other side of the world)
    [​IMG]

When my name Stefanie is not available Eyeore usually is. I am pretty sure that the gloomy blue-grey donkey with the pink ribbon on his tail was spelled Eyeore when I was growing up. I have just always spelled it like this and used it as a username. I love Eyeore’s cynical, wise, loyal, sarcastic, insightful and observant qualities and while being gloomy and a half empty glass person comes readily to me I am trying to find the good in every day. To realize that the glass is re-fillable. I am thankful for my friends and family, the blessings I do have which are many. Another way I resemble Eyeore is my super-power of finding stuff. Like his resoluteness in locating his errant tail, I am the finder of all lost items in our house. Typically my peeps expect to find things without moving anything. My worst is things I misplace because generally my mind is busy elsewhere and has absolutely no recollection of where I last had said item. I love pink and bows and nearly always add that happy dimensional element on to my digi scrap layouts. When I scrap I tend to focus on the good and the bright and happy. When tough things happen I withdraw and go quiet, because I don’t see a creative way to tell those stories. Like Eyeore I do not like broken thistles (read damaged anything), being bounced or swimming. Unlike Eyeore I do not relish birthdays either, but we share a love of pots and red balloons.

3. vanessasmed

vanessasmed Well-Known Member

yah. the 150 words...eek
    [​IMG]

Mylinn, jaye, Nemla and 2 others like this.
  4. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...150 words, huh? I'm another who could do this with 150 characters. There's no real story behind my username or my real name, and I don't have any nicknames that aren't just variations of my name. LOL-Prepare yourselves to be bored with my rambling!

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

can I just say that was such a fun challenge @bestcee

Genniejoy, LynnG and bestcee like this.
  7. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's pages on this, but mine...not so much. I have no stories to tell about my name. I might just have to make one up! :D

Rikki, patsyt and LynnG like this.
  8. bestcee

There must be something! Why those numbers? Why did you add the numbers to your name? Why did you choose to use your real name?
    Did your parents have a boy name for you? Did they plan your name before you were born? Or wait until you were born? Were you named after someone? Where did your parents hear the name they choose? Baby book? Friend? TV?

Genniejoy likes this.
  9. bestcee

I'm glad you liked it!

10. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

11. bestcee

12. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

j” is for Janice which is the feminine version of John which is a hugely popular family name in our family. I have a grandfather, uncles, cousins, and a brother named John.. If I had been twins, my parents were going to name one of us Janice and the other Janet. I got the name Janice which is a lovely name that means “God is gracious”. Unfortunately, I have never liked that my name has “ice” in it. It always says cold so I have always gone by Jan. “j” is also for joyful which I do try to be. Love warm colors.

“a” is for adventure. I love adventures. I even look for adventures when I go to the grocery. Adventures make life more exciting than boring.

“n” is for nice which I do try to be.

“g” is for great reader. I love to read especially real paper books. I just love the feel of a book in my hand. Years ago I went online and chose this name. I have been able to use it all across digi scrap land.

QuiltyMom, Mylinn, jaye and 4 others like this.
  13. LynnG

LynnG Designer

This is going to be a fun thread to follow!

AJK, wvsandy, heathert and 1 other person like this.
  14. LynnG

LynnG Designer

[​IMG]

When I first started digital scrapbooking I lurked for a while before finally posting at the 2peas digital gallery. I called myself 'Singers’ because that is the username I had for the 2peas store. I picked that username because when I started paper scrapbooking and ordering from the 2peas online store we were living in Singapore. Singers was the affectionate nickname for the place used on the expat message boards. I switched to using my own name when I started designing, because I was proud of what I created. And because people often thought I must be a singer in choirs or something. Which I am definitely not. Sometimes I think I should have picked a designer pseudynom, such as The Digi Kiwi, but the fact is I am still very proud of what I do.

I used my:

Here and Now template
    Sprout Kit
    Marina del Rey Kit

:-)

QuiltyMom, elk2009, rlucasmn and 9 others like this.
  15. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Well... after my initial horror about having to come up with 150 words I ended up with just over 170 and had fun with this challenge. Thankyou Courtney
    My journaling in case you cannot read it:
    Anne-Marie is my first name so on 99% of forums I use the initials being “A-M”. The odd forum does not allow the hyphen in my “A-M” so then I might use “annem” or I think on one forum I used my name spelt backwards : “eiramenna”.
    Some years ago when I was dabbling in altered art I started to use just “AM” on my artwork because it looked sort of more arty than my initials and surname. When I started Digital Scrapbooking in 2008 and started to join forums online on the internet I decided to use those initials and decided that it did look better to include the hyphen as I do have the hyphen in my first name.
    When I take part in chat rooms for my digital scrapbooking I let everyone know that they can just call be A-M as Anne-Marie is way too long to type.
    So the story about my username is not very exciting but then I suppose I am not really a very exciting person and that is okay!
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom, Mylinn, jaye and 7 others like this.
  16. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Thank you for a great challenge hard one to get 150 words about a username but I can talk under wet cement so managed to find some words lol.
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom, jaye, mcurtt and 3 others like this.
  17. Stacy

Stacy Well-Known Member

I somehow ended up using my real name for the forum, I really think it was the very first forum I ever signed up for and I didn't know any better, but I my normal is sthompsonfoto so that is what I used for the challenge
    [​IMG]

jaye, LynnG and disneysheryl65 like this.
  18. Ladydoc

Ladydoc Member

19. bestcee

I'm off to bed! If you have any questions, I'll be back in the morning to check.

20. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    QuiltyMom, elk2009, Genniejoy and 8 others like this.