ISO: TRAIN kit/element pack - contemporary and NOT KIDDISH

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by ad77, May 23, 2021.

1. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

I´m looking for a kit (or just element pack would be fine) with TRAINS. But I mean "adult" ones, NOT KIDDISH, looking for contemporary trains for travelling. There are many kits focused on travelling by plane and travelling by car/road trips... But what about train transport? I found some flairs and stickers with trains here and there in travel kits, but it´s usually 1-2 train element(s) in a kit. Does someone know about a nice kit/element pack fully focused on travelling by train? With a lot of sillhouettes of trains, engines (but modern, not the steam ones), stamps with railways, sketched railway stations...?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@Dalis
    You're usually the best for this kind of search.
    I only found a kiddie type one.

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

That would be so great! I have many of my husband's train photos that would be great for a non kid train set!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I did a search of city + transportation and came up with this one (Urban Instilled) that has some railway stamps from Rebecca McMeen

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ad77, cfile, bellbird and 1 other person like this.
  5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Lynn Grieveson has a kit, Steam Friends. The train is cutsie but it has several elements and paper that might work.
    upload_2021-5-23_10-51-25.jpeg

wvsandy, ad77, cfile and 2 others like this.
  6. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

This has some train elements and journal cards:

[​IMG]

ad77 and bellbird like this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

She got me at the contemporary trains, we have a few OLD trains, but not sure how much contemporary fancy new trains, we have let me look.

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, from the contemporary route, I found this:

[​IMG]

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

There might be trains in these kits or at least kits that could work for more modern train layouts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. littlekiwi

This also might work

[​IMG]

11. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for nice tips, some of them I didn´t notice before. But it really seems there is probably no kit focused just on that... It´s strange for me as I live in the country with very dense railway network (one of the densest in the world) and I am used to go by train for trips, for bussiness travels, to travell across the country or to neighboring countries. Simply I like travelling by train:-)
    So I was quite surprised that´s hard to find element pack with modern trains - OK, modern I mean also 30-40y old ones:-) - engine or electric, just no historical steam ones.

LivyBug likes this.
  12. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

If you like an artistic Kit interpretation I would be interested in looking into this, i'll definitely add it to my schedule to look into, my family are quite mad about trains
    @ad77

bestcee, Angela Toucan, Karen and 3 others like this.
  13. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

14. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

I’ll keep you posted :-)

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

bestcee and cfile like this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@ad77 It can be a struggle! I've enjoyed the train trips that we've taken, but there've been few and far between in the United States because there isn't a lot of opportunity to take the train. The ones that go across the states are slow and limited. There are some subway trains in kits, because those are more common in the Northeastern states.

17. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

@bestcee oh yes, that makes sense. Although strange for someone who has a railway behind the house, with trains running at least every 15 minutes:-), but I've looked at the map of the world rail network and totally understand that.

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I can't imagine being able to just pop on a train. That's so cool! My son was in love with trains (and still is really), so I have a bit of a soft spot for them myself. We took a scenic railway that just went up into the mountains and back, but it was still awesome to enjoy that. When I was 15, I actually did take an Amtrak train from South Carolina all the way up into Montreal. That was a memorable experience.

We've grown in this little town tremendously, but all the traffic is personally owned vehicles - not even any buses! I'd love to have sidewalks available for pedestrians, but those are only found near some parks and in certain subdivisions. I'm sure Rachel is going to get you fixed up

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

My dad was a model railroader and train enthusiast all his life, so the love of trains is in my blood. It's really hard to find a good train kit anywhere. I typically take bits and pieces from various kits that may work, but it's real hard. I'd love to see another good kit to use.

20. littlekiwi

You’re not the only one....I live one house back from a suburban and long distance/freight railway line and have done on and off for over 25 years.