Is MOC9 happening?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by Smileark, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

@ArmyGrl Why do you say that? It sounds like the pace is fast and furious.:circles

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I think it can be, Anne usually poses a real challenge, she is the one to watch out for. Having said that she has also gotten me to enjoy art journaling more too.
    There is often a technique or two that are new to me and take a little longer.
    The buzz and excitement are fabulous and the sense of camaraderie and everyone spurring each other on is simply wonderful.

AJK, bestcee, jk703 and 3 others like this.
  3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I can't wait! I love how some challenges push me out of my comfort zone, like minimalistic challenges or scrap 20 photos!

jk703 and Karen like this.
  4. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Awesome! I'm so excited :dancebun

Karen likes this.
  5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

it kinda is..... lol.... BUT a super fun event where you really get to know each other better too.

I think the best thing to do to get ‘prepared’ is make sure your products are current in the store. The Polly host has to check each and everything you use on your layout to make sure it qualifies for an completed entry. And that actually takes the longest time to do. Some people link their products to the store which is awesome! MOC is how I became a Polly, it was the main prize I was always wanting with the MOC. So I always left a window time open in the morning to complete the challenge. That way I didn’t get behind and then try and catch up. I would.....
    1. Read the challenge. Write down the instructions on paper.
    2. Grab a cuppa tea and really think about it.
    3. Then when I start on my layout I would check off the directions on my paper as I created. That way I know I did all the steps needed for qualification for that challenge.
    4. I alway created a new folder, MOC 9 will be this years. Save your project so it is editable still. That way after your layout is posted in the gallery and the Polly Host messages you saying something is wrong with your layout you can easily change it.

And no worries there, it is common to get a message. LOL. WE WANT EVERYONE to complete MOC! No one would like it if you do the whole month and realize too late your day 15 didn’t qualify.

MlleTerraMoka, bestcee and Lillyia like this.
  6. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

@Sokee Thank you for your advice and guidance. Your comments have added greater insights into this process of MOC - and I am learning that it is quite a process.

I'm grateful for the tips that you and others have posted. They offer much food for thought, as well as action steps that will greatly improve one's chances for successfully completing this demanding event - at least that is what I perceive.

I also am getting the sense of the fun, the learning and the camaraderie that comes with participation in MOC. As a result I have started looking through my stash, organizing photos and on the advice of @A-M reviewing the galleries of MOC8 for a first hand preview of what to expect. My anticipation, excitement and a little apprehension is building.

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

There is no better way to start off the new year as MOC! Get some photos edited and/or organized. Since you don't know what will be needed, a variety of photos is at least a good jumping off point. A good idea is to have a folder on your computer with a random variety of photos that you know you'd like to scrap and then as the challenges come up, you can browse through that to see if anything fits that day's challenge.

bestcee and Lillyia like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm biased as a Polly, but yes!!! Scrappers who link their kit are my favorites. :cloud9:fairydance:heartslubIt's so much easier to check a link than look each up when you have 200+ entries!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I second this! :beat

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I "third" this :)

11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'm so excited to hear it's still happening! Each year there seems to be an event that interrupts me - vacation, illness, etc. but I still finish it! I'm hopeful this year I'll have no interruptions :) And I'm working from home so can start on my page up until the moment I have to log into work and start again the moment I log off!!! (and maybe even on breaks. LOL)

Sokee, jk703 and keepscrappin like this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh, a challenge to challenge...
    challenge accepted! ♥

13. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

I have got to figure out how to do this this year. I am usually tech savvy but including the right links seems to be my achilles heel.

bestcee likes this.
  14. bestcee

Would a video help? I have one... Let me find it!

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I think @bestcee Courtney did a tutorial on including kit links in the gallery credits but I can't seem to find it while on my phone. Maybe she can pop in and point us in the right direction.

16. bestcee

Here is just linked credits:

And here is the whole process of uploading a layout to the gallery:

bonnenuit, A-M and keepscrappin like this.
  17. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I'm excited for my first MOC. But I am curious about the running theme of 'get your supplies in order' - I am very organized, but is there something more specific I should be doing?

LoveItScrapIt and KimJ like this.
  18. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

This will be my first MOC as well! So excited to be here for it and I just can not wait to get started.

bestcee likes this.
  19. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

If your organizational strategy includes having all of your TLP supplies together, that makes things a lot easier. :)
    A tripping point for some folks is that MOC requires that pages be created with at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). Retired product can only be used if it is less than 25% of the page. Accidently creating an entire page with a retired kit (meaning having to redo it) can be frustrating. I like to add a shortcut to the store listing when I unzip. A quick click on the shortcut makes it easy to verify and puts the URL right there for me to copy and paste into my credits (not required but super helpful and much appreciated by the challenge hosts).

mywisecrafts, bestcee, A-M and 3 others like this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

If you've been around the Pad for awhile, you have to be careful about what products you use. Retired products would not be acceptable products to count towards the MOC's TLP product requirement. The regular monthly challenges, scrap events and TLP Gallery have liberal rules ... allowing retired products and freebies (maybe from a designer blog or newsletter) from current designers to be used toward the 50% TLP product. Also, retired designers (those who used to have a store here but are no longer selling at the Lilypad) do not count. You can have a small amount of product from retired designers or other stores, but the majority of product used on your pages for MOC must be currently in store. So some people prep by going through their TLP folder on their drives and pulling out old product and old designers.

For the MOC challenges, you have to use product that is currently in the store. The rule is usually as follows: each challenge entry must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Update: What Kim said! I had started this post and then left to talk to my family as they woke up and we got off on a tangent for awhile! :giggle then I just came back to post this and didn't realize Kim already answered.

bestcee and KimJ like this.