Instagram coupon

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by lorryfach, Aug 17, 2015.

1. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I see that I was tagged as the winner of the Instagram Christmas in July event, and it says to check my DMs on Instagram, but I don't think I can. I don't see any way to do it either on the computer or my phone. I didn't even know Instagram had direct messages. I don't know if this is a feature that isn't supported on Windows Phone, or if I just can't figure it out, but is there some other way to receive my prize? Thanks!

2. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I actually just learned how to do this the other day (thank you, Google). Go to your home screen on your phone, and in the upper right corner is a little inbox icon. Click that and you're good to go. :) (Super annoying that you can't check it from the computer, btw..)

3. lorryfach

I don't have any icon like that on my home screen. I checked if there's an update to the app and there's not, so it must not be available on WP yet. :/

4. lorryfach

Ah, apparently I can get to it in 6tag, but not the official Instagram app. Go figure! All's well :)

5. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

6. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I have the same phone as you and no one ever believes me that DMs aren't native to IG in Windows phones. :|

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. lorryfach

Yeah, it's really weird. I'm surprised Instagram doesn't care about us *sniff* But I'm loving 6tag!

8. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

9. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Maybe, I'm a bit silly but what is Instagram ? Is it good for scrap ?

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Instagram is another social media platform, like Facebook, Twitter, and others.... it is basically a photo stream from others you "follow". If you follow some scrapbooking people, I'm sure it's fantastic for scrapping inspiration. I am not active on it hardly at all. My husband loves it to look at motorcycles and meme makers, I guess. He follows a lot of "weird-to-me" profiles.

11. lorryfach

It's kind of like Twitter for pictures, but you can only post from a smartphone. You can look at pics on the computer, though. I like it for sharing/viewing LOs but also other stuff. :)

12. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

For me, it's a bit redundant. The people I follow on Instagram are the same friends I have on Facebook. Most of those people I follow also post their pictures to Facebook, so I see them there. No need to be on more than one. One is a big enough time suck! Haha. However, I have looked on Instagram when I'm searching for pictures with specific tags... (hashtags).

For instance, I load my pics of my pocket letters into Instagram, and tag them with "#happymail" "#snailmail" "#pocketletters" etc.... then I can click on one of those tags, and see all other Instagram pictures that have been tagged with the same thing.