I'm washing my Hair|Pad Patter 7.14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@BevG I think you mean co-washing, which is short for conditioner-only washing. I used to do it but no more. IDK: maybe I'm sweating more rofl or maybe it's just the fact my hair is so short, but I need to wash it. But I don't wash it too frequently. Co-wash is great for curly hair, esp. since so many shampoos are too harsh for us curly gals (but it's great for lots of hair textures).

And Bev, I use the Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpt. I like that whole line. Inexpensive and it works--perfect! I also use Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls; I just put a dollop of each in my palm and run 'em through my hair. I like their Quick Curls too, but I don't use it every day.

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I shampoo and condition every day. During the summer when I'm hibernating :giggle, if I haven't left the house and I haven't gotten sweaty, then I might skip a day. It's unusual though, because I have oily skin and my hair starts looking super oily even after one day.

Since I do color treat my hair, I also use a hair mask - by Garnier.

[​IMG]

I also use this one:

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I washed my hair on Saturday and will wash it again tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not a big sweater, we don't have a pool and it's too hot to be outside right now LOL

In the cooler months I probably wash every other day because I go outside more and our air STINKS!

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm pretty low-maintenance. I wash my hair every other day or on weekends, every third day. I let it air dry, always. My hair was waist length, I just wacked off about 6" by myself yesterday, thanks to some you-tube videos. I have tons of hair, no split ends because of my diet, and so it grows pretty quickly since it doesn't break off and I generally don't get around to cutting it very often. I go to work with wet hair, and it is pretty close to being dry around noon. I just use shampoo & a conditioner on it since I'd never be able to comb it out because of its length. And speaking of combing out, on the weekends, it isn't uncommon for me to forget to comb/brush my hair. I just put it up in a ponytail or a low bun and carry on. I used to color it, but the semi-permanent product I would buy is no longer sold. Anything I tried to replace it washed out way too soon, so I stopped. Now instead of blonde highlights, I've got a few strands of silver mixed in. :-)

5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Shampoo and conditioner, pretty much every day. Leave in conditioning cream to help hold the curls and minimize frizz. Brazilian Blowout once a year, late spring or early summer.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I shampoo and condition most every day. Sometimes I skip a day, but not often because I try to go to water aerobics most weekdays. Plus I just feel like I have greasy hair if I don't wash it everyday. DD used dry shampoo and I've tried it a few times when I've been in a rush and haven't had time to wash and condition.

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Once a week with the whole thing.
    In summer, every day I wet my hair, rinse, need to do a bit of conditioner because otherwise my hair tangles and I wake up with dreadlocks, but avoid shampooing more than once a week... this is while in England...in Brazil all changes, you need 3 sowers a day usually...

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

@sakura-panda @keepscrappin
    when I was performing, we had a hair guy, I learned with this guy that the shampoo is not good, he taught us how to choose a very good conditioner , and in Brazil we have special oils , we do get them here in England but I can't afford them, so I use eave in conditioner some times from Pantene Pro V

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm an every other day type of washer. Occasionally, I'll go to the third day. I use a shampoo and conditioner. Depending on how my hair feels, I sometimes switch up the order and do the conditioner first if I feel like it's weighing my hair down. I switch up my products every time I buy, only because it seems that my hair listens better when styling, lol!

10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Im a every other day kind of girl. :bunny
    Shampoo no conditioner i do put a little bit of Argan oil in my hair when its wet.

11. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I don't use a lot of shampoo -- I estimate that I use about 2.5 bottles of conditioner for every one bottle of shampoo! I did the conditioner-only thing on my hair for about a year, until it didn't seem to be working out for me anymore. Sometimes I think about going back to it, but I feel like I would have to do the research all over again (because now it is more "mainstream" and I'd have to investigate all the new products!)

12. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have to wash my hair every day. I live in the hot and VERY HUMID south. I either sweat from my workout or sweat from just existing in a humid climate and then my hair is gross. Also I don’t know what I do when I sleep, but my hair always looks awful when I wake up- usually worse than even a messy bun can hide... so I like to shower and wash my hair in the morning so I don’t just look completely awful.