I'm so glad I live in a world... | Pad Patter 10.01.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Oct 1, 2022.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Try paper scrapping pages for your dogs with their names in the titles and one of them uses 3 "p's" and the other used 1 "p". Not to mention 3 "e's" between them. I still have sheets of letter stickers that have some letters unused but no "p's" or "e's". LOL

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I love the portability of digital scrapping. But I just love scrapping. I started keeping memories of things way back in high school. Mostly articles from newspapers and back in those days, wedding announcements were in the local paper on a daily basis. I've been doing what I call modern scrapping for 23 years now with the first 8 being traditional. Once I found digital, I was hooked.

I never liked the "lumpy-bumpy" in traditional scrapping but sure don't mind creating digital layouts with that look. I still have some traditional supplies and there are times when it is therapeutic to pull the stuff out and work on a project.

I also love scrapping the old photos and remembering why they were taken. Layouts I've done and shared with family in books about them have brought out lots of reminiscing by all of us especially about those that are no longer with us.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

So tell me, what is it you love so much about Digital Scrapbooking?
    - Preserving memories? I have always paper and digi scrapped to preserve memories
    - Telling stories? I love to tell stories, too and they make great scrapbooking page.
    - Art journaling? That's my greatest love in digi scrapping! I'm able to do things that I've always wanted to do with paper scrapping, but they were so time-consuming.
    - Making hybrid crafts? Not so much anymore - I used to do a lot of hybrid, but my appetite is being whetted again with the Hybrid Forums here
    - Community? I LOVE the sense of community that I feel here at TLP and a few other sites. it's so wonderful to be able to share my love of scrapping with like-minded people and I really treasure my online friends.

4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I love keeping memories in my project life. It's the style I prefer. But as scrap is a therapy I love make art journal to express my emotions. And when I want to make something just artistic I love embellish a photo with few elements because I'm not a cluster girl.

5. sucali

sucali sucali

Bart loves this thread!
    [​IMG]

6. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart!

7. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

But Bart has LOVED what you added to the hybrid forum!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I kiss Bart

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

all of the above...including the coffee!!!!!!!

:giggle

and Bart here in need of some loving!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member

Kissing Bart!

11. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I transferred over to digital for so many of the reasons others have said. Living a life in the military meant moving every 3 - 4 years...and working VERY long hours. Digital gave me a space to have creative freedom without having to have "physical" supplies to lug around from duty station to duty station...and I could pop in and pop out, creating a completed piece in less time than organic. And, I could take to my computer to Kuwait...but I could take very little organic supplies for art making.

I will say, I retired this year - 24 years ARMY STRONG! - and I am happy to get back to organic/analog art. I greatly enjoy blending digital with analog. Whether it is making my own background for Art Journaling, or printing out digital elements, brushes, journal cards, and papers to make a Hybrid. Mixing the two adds a whole new dimension to this art form!

norton94 likes this.
  12. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I started digital for the lack of mess... ease to put away, the problem with all those alpha pages with QHCXPZ left but no vowels, and I thought it would be more cost effective since I could reuse reuse reuse. It was with trepidation since I felt the lack of true shadows and dimension would be unsatisfying, but learn I did. Now I really prefer the smooth pages that fool the eye. I love the benefit of hiding my supply hoarding too ;)

[​IMG]

13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

14. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I used to be a paper scrapbooker -- way back in 2000. I was mainly in it for the memory keeping. When I switched to digital photography, I learned Photoshop and really wanted to just be able to use the digital images directly on pages. I love the flexibility to resize, recolor, whatever you can think of digitally. I have tons of old photos and I still do it for the memory keeping but I have also come to appreciate what a creative outlet it is too.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love everything about digital scrapbooking. My specific reasons have evolved and changed, but at first when I had two small children, I loved that I could hit save and come back to a page later without getting ALL of my paper scrapping stuff out and then have to put it all away again 30 minutes later.

Now my favorite parts about it are that I have SO many memories captured in my scrapbook that I know I would have forgotten about otherwise. The little mundane day-to-day things that my kids have said or done that you think you will remember, but don't until you see a layout about it. My memory is only getting worse too! :giggle

16. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

- Preserving memories? Yes!
    - Telling stories? Yes!
    - Art journaling? Yes!
    - Making hybrid crafts? Yes!
    - Community? Yes!

I enjoy it all!